IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

I wish more people had those thoughts when acquiring music, as I do!

True. I have downloaded very few songs from the internet over the years. I mean maybe 10 to 20 songs in my life! Its prob been over 5 years since i got a "free" song. Actually just this weekend i bought 2 cd's. anyone remeber cd's? ;-). I picked up the new Three Days Grace and The Script's new album.

True. I have downloaded very few songs from the internet over the years. I mean maybe 10 to 20 songs in my life! Its prob been over 5 years since i got a "free" song. Actually just this weekend i bought 2 cd's. anyone remeber cd's? ;-). I picked up the new Three Days Grace and The Script's new album.

CDs are the main way I get music. There is just something about reading all of the liners notes for the CD and making mp3s the way I think they should be instead of settling for the way someone else wants it. I only download (by purchasing it) when there is a bonus song and I do not want to purchse two version of the CD.

Getting back on topic ;). Today's changes :-

- High score name entry page nearly done - just need to add OK and backspace

- New title page under way.

- If a fuel pod drops on the rocket and there is "one in the tank" it changes colour to dark blue.

- If you die and drop the rocket part you are carrying on another rocket part the dropped one changes to dark brown.

- Sorting out the new hero graphics and animation sequence.

The dropped part/fuel pod changes make them easier to see.

There will be a couple of "gifeos" tomorrow. One will be of the new title page and the other will be of the high score name entry page in operation.

How is the collision with the background handled? Do you read the tiles directly from a video buffer or have a collision map?

Each sprite can detect a collision with the other sprites, lit pixels in the background and a border (screen edge) crossing in hardware.

Each sprite can detect a collision with the other sprites, lit pixels in the background and a border (screen edge) crossing in hardware.

So, how come the baconaut gets stuck at the transparent edges of the green platforms?

CDs are the main way I get music. There is just something about reading all of the liners notes for the CD and making mp3s the way I think they should be instead of settling for the way someone else wants it. I only download (by purchasing it) when there is a bonus song and I do not want to purchse two version of the CD.

I buy CDs only. MP3 sounds like garbage, unless people have an expensive audiophile grade processor. I use a Logitech Squeezebox Duet to stream Pandora, the processing definitely helps round out the sound, but the limitations of the compressed files can still be heard when played over my Axiom speakers.

Today's update.... a "gifeo" of the HSC in operation :-

post-21935-0-28835400-1363729318_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

You can see :-

- The cursor moving around.

- The cursor wrapping over the edges of the available letters/digits/punctuation.

- Backspacing over a wrongly entered initial.

- The current initial is "highlighted".

- "OK" lights up when you are good to go.

If you enter less than 3 initials then the "empty" initial slots are automatically filled in with "." (full stop).

The high score name entry acreen also shows the level you attained as well as the score.

I still have a bit to go on the new title page so there won't be a gifeo of that tonight.