IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Yeah one of the many infamous homebrew scalpers here :P

Now, i firmly believe there is a difference. I think the "scalpers" are the guys that resell them at very high prices on ebay like starting bid 150 or 180.

now sometimes i have sold homebrews, nut I always start them out at .01 or 1.00 with no reserve. Yeah, i made some money, but i also took the time and expense to buy them in the first place....most of the homebrews were easily available to most people. but for whatever reason they didnt or couldnt get them or were late to the game. For some people its a touchy subject for sure. Im sure people will sell Rocketeer for more than the 40 sticker price. Im buying more than one copy. but 2 will stay in my collection and i will use the others for trade or maybe sell. who knows. Everyone has the oppurtunity right now to purchase what they want, I dont think Groovy said there was a limit. He prob wants everyone to buy 2 or 3 copies!

• Like 3

Now, i firmly believe there is a difference. I think the "scalpers" are the guys that resell them at very high prices on ebay like starting bid 150 or 180.

now sometimes i have sold homebrews, nut I always start them out at .01 or 1.00 with no reserve. Yeah, i made some money, but i also took the time and expense to buy them in the first place....most of the homebrews were easily available to most people. but for whatever reason they didnt or couldnt get them or were late to the game. For some people its a touchy subject for sure. Im sure people will sell Rocketeer for more than the 40 sticker price. Im buying more than one copy. but 2 will stay in my collection and i will use the others for trade or maybe sell. who knows. Everyone has the oppurtunity right now to purchase what they want, I dont think Groovy said there was a limit. He prob wants everyone to buy 2 or 3 copies!

Okay, I have tried to stay out of this "scalper" discussion and stay away from even getting involved and making people angry.....sooooo, (and this is NOT aimed at you Rev), I really want to throw in my 2 cents worth....even if some people may think it is 1 cent worth....

I have homebrews on eBay, I'm sure everyone here knows it, it's not like I am trying to hide that fact. No one knows my situation, why I would try to make money on a game, why judge other people? I love this hobby like all of you do...I bought an extra copy of each game, not to deny anyone a copy, how would I know who wanted one? So I sell the extra and use the money to be able to continue on with my hobby. In some respects I am making a game available to someone who for some reason didn't/couldn't, or simply didn't know about the release. EVERYONE who has bought a game from me has been happy. I didn't FORCE anyone to buy a game for me at any certain price...

Lord knows I paid mega bucks for a Spiker game that someone paid $20.00 for! Everyone has the ability to search the internet and get all the games available.....if you miss out, then you try to hunt down a game that you are willing to pay a certain price for, that simple...Have I made money? Yes, and I've also lost money AND paid too much for a game...oh well..I don't blame anyone but myself...

I am rambling, but only because it is my birthday and yes I may have had a couple drinks, lol. My point is, don't judge people on what they sell games for, much like life.... "and Jesus said, let the person who has not sinned cast the first stone"....

Be happy people and enjoy the Intellivision...

'nough said....

• Like 3

Language barrier, I ment after everyone received his copy ;) And I dont mean a big competition with amazing prices, I am just talking about a fun competition. This would be great and thats what Rocketeer is for, having fun :)

Sorry, I was just kidding. I knew what you meant. :)

I'm in for some Rocketeer HSC lovin'. Cparsley, are you listening?

dZ.

• Like 1

Oh noes! Now I have to come up with some fantabulous prizes :lol:.

Nah! We can just ask Cparsely to add it to the HSC roster for next season. :)

As long as opportunities for "camping" are removed, the game lends itself to challenges like that.

dZ.

• Like 1

I would like a copy of the "Smells like Baconauts" Limited Edition with the in cart red LED scroll bar please.

Would you sign it for me too Mr Bee.

Thank you! :grin:

Already got my local printer to cut me a good deal on the manuals. I'm sure GroovyBee would be absolutely chuffed so I sent them to Albert ahead of time.

post-13304-0-28522300-1364325559_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Already got my local printer to cut me a good deal on the manuals. I'm sure GroovyBee would be absolutely chuffed so I sent them to Albert ahead of time.

I always like Voltron's boxes... I think I'm one of the few who would like them, as he mentioned.

Strange taste?

I think that's because Voltron introduced me to the wonderfull Intellivision world so any time I see an Intellivision + Voltron, my brain says AWESOME!