IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Shame on you, Groovy, for not taking out a 30 sec ad during the Super Bowl to advertise this game! Shame ;-)

He would have to raise the price of the cartridges to $800,000 each to pay to have his game advertised. :P

I read the entire topic and very entertaining and fun to read. I think if I mentioned a word about a box and a manual, then Groovybee would have to find me and sting me. And a horse would come back to life and beat me up. :-o

My first experience playing Jetpac was on the N64. Donkey Kong 64 has this game available along with Donkey Kong Arcade. You had to beat all 4 stage to retrieve a banana, which was awesome goal. Jetpac was unlockable when you gather enough of item and stuff for Cranky Kong. This is the spectrum version of Jetpac. My friend and I took turn playing Jetpac. It's really fun, difficult and addictive. I like how the enemies and the rocket changes as you progress through the level. I only got to the 2nd rocket.

I'm really impressed by this homebrew. I'm amazed that it inspired someone to make a Jaguar version. It may also inspire me to make a Colecovision version of this game. This is really awesome game. I really love the title screen and the bacon screen. Great job!

• Like 1

Sorry if I was being misleading by having the idea...I wasnt puting myself up for nomination sadly.

I do have 2 of the 3 things I mentioned.

I have a wife and sadly the "other shit" too :P

....not sure how you replied that quick to my post though and yet you missed the couple month pre-order for rocketeer :ponder:

Easy. Wasn't buying homebrews at the time and barely looked at the thread. And yet again, the PRE-ORDER is merely "ORDER", which was a whole issue unto itself. Damn me and my understanding of words!

You can't understand that I randomly happened to read a thread right after you posted? The concept isn't THAT difficult, come on. :roll:

I read the entire topic and very entertaining and fun to read. I think if I mentioned a word about a box and a manual, then Groovybee would have to find me and sting me. And a horse would come back to life and beat me up. :-o

People can ask for boxes as many times as they like, it doesn't mean its going to happen.

I'm really impressed by this homebrew. I'm amazed that it inspired someone to make a Jaguar version. It may also inspire me to make a Colecovision version of this game. This is really awesome game. I really love the title screen and the bacon screen. Great job!

Thanks for the compliments. I'd love to see it done on the Coleco (I don't own one) just to see how you implement things to get around the limitations of the machine.

I try to keep a running list myself on my site, but im not sure how many people take the time to check it out on a frequent basis.

I check it every week at least once. I have not had any newsletter yet so I must check my subsciption.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on when Rocketeer is going to be released?

There is still a little bit more to do on the game before its done. Adding the "bells and whistles" to a game takes quite a long time after you have the core game done.

I see you are working on some new games already and I really appreciate that but it feels a little like Rocketeer is put completely aside.

Don't worry the game hasn't been put aside at all. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like on my retro projects in the last few weeks.

I know the game is shipping late and I apologise for that. Game development is an organic process to me. By that I mean that I don't plan or account for every CPU cycle or routine I need to code ahead of time. The project just grows and gets added to and optimised over its lifetime. To me, thats what makes the process of game creation a fun hobby. It also means that some projects go well beyond how I thought they would be at the start. Once you start talking to a pixel artist and also get feedback from beta testers in your development team you get an influx of new ideas on how to improve the game and maybe suggestions for other directions it could go in too. You also end up with a ton of stuff "on the cutting room floor" (as they say) which are the ideas that didn't make it or couldn't be implemented (normally for technical reasons) or they just wouldn't add to the game play.

Programming games is just like any other hobby. You have ideas for other projects while you are working on the current one. The new idea might be anything from a new/different/optimisation algorithm to a special effect or a completely new game (or piece of hardware). I'm not the sort of person who works on exactly the same thing each and every day until its done. Some days you can't do anything on your main project because you don't have a good solution to a particular problem or you are waiting on assets or you just don't feel like it or real life means you can't get any time at all. I have plenty of "I wonder if..." projects on my hard drives for multiple machines. Some won't become a full game because there is no game there (or I can't make it fun) and some are just neat special effects that might find their way into a game at some point and some are... errr... well... best not discussed at all :lol:.

Anyways... The upshot of this is don't be alarmed if new projects crop up during development. It doesn't mean anything has been forgotten, it just means I had a good day in the office ;).

• Like 6

Thanks for the support folks.

Some of the new specially written music is now in the game. Many thanks to the Mystery Musician for that (you know who you are ;)). Hopefully, the game's title tune will arrive before long and I can take out the place holder one.

The Mystery Musician will be joining both Nonner and I on a permanent basis for current and future Inty projects too :D.

• Like 10