IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

On the hardware front: If I don't find anything wrong with the latest version of Bee3 I'll be ordering a production batch of them in the next 6 weeks or so.

On the game front: Progress is slow but steady. Still another cut scene to finish off and some new enemy attack waves to debug to mix the game play up a bit. After that I can complete the balancing out of the game play and add the final (small) bells and whistles.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed for X-mas 2015 ;-)

:lol: I don't think you'll have to wait that long.

Thank you for the update, btw! Can't wait for this and Mars Minis.

I haven't forgotten about that advanced copy that I said I'd make for you. I'll sort that out when I'm down to bells and whistles.

• Like 2

:lol: I don't think you'll have to wait that long.

I haven't forgotten about that advanced copy that I said I'd make for you. I'll sort that out when I'm down to bells and whistles.

please let me know what I need to do to make a reservation for your games. I actually overlooked the threads about them and I have to recover...

I'm aiming to get a taster ROM out towards the end of next week. I'll release the final ROM at some point but its not likely to be for a while.

icon_shades.gif

Thanks for the compliment.

will it be the full game or just the teaser version? I would be willing to pay as nominal fee for the ROM because I can't afford to pay $60 plus for one game. I figure once you make you profit on the development of the game and production of the cartridges you could make a few extra bucks selling the ROM for a reduced price to us Intellivision fans on a budget.

Also did you add a auto fire option(Like in (Astrosmash)? After A while holding that side button hurts your finger.

will it be the full game or just the teaser version?

The game's full and final version will be released for Hive.

I would be willing to pay as nominal fee for the ROM because I can't afford to pay $60 plus for one game. I figure once you make you profit on the development of the game and production of the cartridges you could make a few extra bucks selling the ROM for a reduced price to us Intellivision fans on a budget.

I'm not interested in selling game ROMs. I'll be giving the ROM away for free (just like I've done on other platforms). Due to the accelerated features used by the game, it requires a Hive multii-cart.

Also did you add a auto fire option(Like in (Astrosmash)? After A while holding that side button hurts your finger.

You can fire with any of the 4 side buttons. Auto-fire is not a feature I've thought about adding.

• 5 months later...

I'm not interested in selling game ROMs. I'll be giving the ROM away for free (just like I've done on other platforms). Due to the accelerated features used by the game, it requires a Hive multii-cart.

Hello, is there any update on this? coming up on nearly 3 years since I paid for this game...based on this comment though, will the original cart format even be sent to those who paid $40? same question goes for Mars Mini...which I also paid for in 2013.

Apart from some final polishing and testing, Rocketeer is pretty much done. Still to go in are a "game over" cut scene, a "config" screen to switch music/effects on/off etc. and to show some brief game play in the attract sequence.

Mars Minis now has 4 "mini games". Both Menace and Defense need finishing off and stats/"config" screens adding too. The mini games Caverns and Descent are both complete. If you look at the 1st post in the Mars Minis thread you can see emulation gifs of all the games in action. I'll update the Menace one later this week.

I'll be working on both projects over the Christmas holidays.

Early in the New Year I'll be getting some Bee3 cart PCBs professionally manufactured. When they come in, the games should start shipping out.

When the games have shipped I'll be releasing their Hive compatible ROMs for free.

As always, if any one wants a refund just drop me a PM.

• Like 1

Apart from some final polishing and testing, Rocketeer is pretty much done. Still to go in are a "game over" cut scene, a "config" screen to switch music/effects on/off etc. and to show some brief game play in the attract sequence.

Mars Minis now has 4 "mini games". Both Menace and Defense need finishing off and stats/"config" screens adding too. The mini games Caverns and Descent are both complete. If you look at the 1st post in the Mars Minis thread you can see emulation gifs of all the games in action. I'll update the Menace one later this week.

Early in the New Year I'll be getting some Bee3 cart PCBs professionally manufactured. When they come in, the games should start shipping out.

When the games have shipped I'll be releasing their Hive compatible ROMs for free.

Thanks for the update and clarification, appreciate it.

Great news! Looking forward to playing these.

Groovybee, Rocketeer looks amazing. Are you still accepting orders or is it too late. The title scene alone you posted looks to be worth the $$. Of course I don't even know how much it costs. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for the compliment. If you like that, this is the start game sequence :-

post-21935-0-17140200-1450127685_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

When the pre-orders have shipped there will be more games available so nobody should miss out.

• Like 6

Personally I would like to have it anyway, boxed or unboxed (but the boxed solution is always the one I prefer).

GB, did you get inspired by the James Bond classic opening scene for the shot of the astronaut to the beholder?

That would be very British, GB (Great Britain?!) :)

Edited by intellivotion