IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Any time I send money in advance I understand the risks. If I could not afford to lose it I don't send it. Period. Be it crowdfunding or for a game that is "in the works." In the end I know my life will be fine without a game or a refund and for me I believe that this community has more benefits from the people here than perils. I have worked with Mark, I like him and I do believe that at some point the community will be rewarded. This thread should be locked. I'm sorry for the few that did not get their money back, most did. Shit happens, deal with it. At this point in time this thread will accomplish nothing except make it impossible for any amicable resolution going forward.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BBWW said:

Any time I send money in advance I understand the risks. If I could not afford to lose it I don't send it. Period. Be it crowdfunding or for a game that is "in the works." In the end I know my life will be fine without a game or a refund and for me I believe that this community has more benefits from the people here than perils. I have worked with Mark, I like him and I do believe that at some point the community will be rewarded. This thread should be locked. I'm sorry for the few that did not get their money back, most did. Shit happens, deal with it. At this point in time this thread will accomplish nothing except make it impossible for any amicable resolution going forward.

Why be cryptic? How do you think your friend will reward those of us who lost money?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Be my guest, continue bitching about it all you want, see how far that gets you, how much it enriches this community, and how much refund it returns.

-dZ.

13 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

I agree with DZ-Jay.  While it is understandable that folks are still angry, there are no further refunds coming and there is no community benefit here.

After 8 years, 85 pages, and 2100+ posts, we've beaten this dead horse to the point of coating the walls with splattered rancid meat.

Perhaps it is time to lock the thread.

This is the only way to contact him on the off chance he might read it one day.  So please do not lock it.

Until DZ-Jay shrugged and dismissed people not getting a refund, it was civil.  And can be again.

I bring it up every now and then so people do not forget what he did and on the off chance I actually get the refund.  So until next year.....

• Like 1

?

1 hour ago, SoulBuster said:

This is the only way to contact him on the off chance he might read it one day.  So please do not lock it.

Until DZ-Jay shrugged and dismissed people not getting a refund, it was civil.  And can be again.

I bring it up every now and then so people do not forget what he did and on the off chance I actually get the refund.  So until next year.....

This thread has been a bitchfest for several years, and as you mentioned, it gets brought up to life precisely to keep the shit going.  Great community cohesion there, keep it up.

Perhaps we should start talking about Amico here to get the thread locked.  ?

-dZ.

• Haha 3

On 4/9/2020 at 6:33 PM, carlsson said:

At least for the past 3-5 years, with the advent of IntyBASIC it probably be a matter of a few evenings or no more than a few months for an average programmer to make that type of game.

I agree many of us here could do "Jetpac clone with fluff".

Maybe that should be the next IntyBASIC contest theme :-D

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, DZ-Jay said:

?

This thread has been a bitchfest for several years, and as you mentioned, it gets brought up to life precisely to keep the shit going.  Great community cohesion there, keep it up.

Perhaps we should start talking about Amico here to get the thread locked.  ?

-dZ.

I dont see what the problem is. Its obvious that the masses would rather have the game than the money. Why not just finish the game? It looks bad-ass... id buy one. If the money sent by everyone was for product developement (and was stated as such) then i understand why no money was returned. But if these people were pre paying for a finished game, thats another story... and borderline theft.

I am on the outside of all this, but if i were around back then, im sure i would have pre ordered too.

I think the game should get finished. It looks cool, lots of work has already been done with it.

...just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I dont see what the problem is. Its obvious that the masses would rather have the game than the money. Why not just finish the game? It looks bad-ass... id buy one. If the money sent by everyone was for product developement (and was stated as such) then i understand why no money was returned. But if these people were pre paying for a finished game, thats another story... and borderline theft.

I am on the outside of all this, but if i were around back then, im sure i would have pre ordered too.

I think the game should get finished. It looks cool, lots of work has already been done with it.

...just my 2 cents.

Perhaps you should go back and read the entire thread to get an idea of what is the problem.  You may also want to find the many other threads related to GroovyBee for the bigger picture on the controversy.  There's plenty out there, just a quick search away.

For starters, those complaining are aware that the culprit they are complaining about has left the forum for several years now, so they are pretty much shaking their fist at the clouds.

So, it has become a sort of sport for a select few, to just bump up the thread every so often to rekindle the flame of angst and discord and bitch once again to ... no one in particular.

It's truly a collective two minutes of hate -- it adds nothing to the community, but I'm sure it makes the few feel a bit better when others take their invitation to share in their rage and anguish.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

27 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Perhaps you should go back and read the entire thread to get an idea of what is the problem.  You may also want to find the many other threads related to GroovyBee for the bigger picture on the controversy.  There's plenty out there, just a quick search away.

For starters, those complaining are aware that the culprit they are complaining about has left the forum for several years now, so they are pretty much shaking their fist at the clouds.

So, it has become a sort of sport for a select few, to just bump up the thread every so often to rekindle the flame of angst and discord and bitch once again to ... no one in particular.

It's truly a collective two minutes of hate -- it adds nothing to the community, but I'm sure it makes the few feel a bit better when others take their invitation to share in their rage and anguish.

dZ.

Like i said before, i do not know the whole story (i did read a couple hundred posts though). I just think it would be a neat game if ever finished. Not trying to add fuel to the fire.

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Like i said before, i do not know the whole story (i did read a couple hundred posts though). I just think it would be a neat game if ever finished. Not trying to add fuel to the fire.

Ah, yeah, it would be neat.  Unfortunately, by this point, it seems unlikely that these games would ever be finished.  But others could try their hands at remaking them.  A Jet Pack sort of game would be cool to see.

-dZ.

• 3 months later...