IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to these and other future projects! Glad to know that us "passionate" fans here haven't chased you off yet ;).

I've played the teaser rom and enjoyed it ... and that Rocketeer title screen is wicked complex for the Intellivision (take a bow, Nonner).

What's the status of Kil-Botz?

Answered, I believe, in Groovy's message:

My current focus areas are Rev3 PCB, Rocketeer and Mars Minis. All other Inty projects will be worked on after that.

On a side note: Just because I'm not going to toe to toe with Willy about the Hover Bovver fiasco publicly doesn't mean I've left the scene, run off with peoples money or cancelled any of my projects. My current focus areas are Rev3 PCB, Rocketeer and Mars Minis. All other Inty projects will be worked on after that.

Thank you for update, feel more reassured about Rocketeer and Mars Mini

I was at Play Expo at the weekend as part of the Oldschool Gaming stand. It was a ton of fun. Its always good to catch up with your friends and talk to new people about homebrew.

post-21935-0-94305200-1381739510_thumb.jpgpost-21935-0-57366200-1381739521_thumb.jpg

I really enjoyed watching people's reactions to the Intellivision. Some people looked at it and then looked at the controllers and just couldn't figure it out and passed on it immediately. Other people sat down, picked up the controller and couldn't find the side buttons for fire and used the keypad buttons instead. A few people even held the controller at right angles like the NES. I gave anybody that I saw struggling with the controllers a quick guide on how to use them and then they faired much better in the game.

There is so much to see and do at Play Expo that you are lucky if people play your games for more than a minute or two. With that in mind it was good to see some people investing time in the game and completing several levels.

It was pretty apparent that people just wanted to get into the fun part of the games on our stand as quickly as possible. Games that had a menu caused some difficulty with several people so I opted not to demo Mars Minis. A game menu and the Inty controller would test anybody not familiar with the system :lol:.

I was hoping to take a photo of Rocketeer's high score table at the end of each day but the Inty was reset several times or power cycled (after I first set the game up) by people playing the game :(.

Meeting Jeff Minter and seeing him play Hover Bovver was the icing on the cake to a brilliant weekend. Roll on next year!

• Like 10

Played Rocketeer yesterday (and set the highscore for sunday! SDM ) is a great game.....really cant wait for it to be released. Sorry I missed you groovy perhaps miin play event in may next year ?

Glad you liked the game. I wasn't always on the stand 100% of the time so I missed a few people. We didn't have name badges this year just wristbands so that probably didn't help either. Sorry about that.

What did you think of the rest of the show?

Loved the show, I took a few arcade machines to the event so pleased they made it to the end. Said hi to a few peeps and tested some great vectrex 'in progress' stuff as well. Happy days!

I didn't really explore the arcade or pinball machines. The only thing I know about the Vectrex is that it has a 6809 CPU (and its been many years since I programmed that). I spent quite a while talking to one of the Vectrex developers. They have big plans! :D.

As a teaser of my new Rev3 PCB this is an image of it at an early manufacturing stage :-
I can't wait to get the prototypes built up and working after the PCBs come in.
Is that PCB to be used in your upcoming games or in the multicart?
(Not that it matters, for I know nothing about such things.) :)
Edited by DZ-Jay

:)

I didn't really explore the arcade or pinball machines. The only thing I know about the Vectrex is that it has a 6809 CPU (and its been many years since I programmed that). I spent quite a while talking to one of the Vectrex developers. They have big plans! :D.

Was that James.....

I hope you weren't the guy on sunday he was talking to ? I was sat next to him playing Rocketeer...DOH! ( I'm looking forward to doing some beta testing for him :) )

Edited by river9999uk

Is that the PCB to be used in your upcoming games or the multicart?

Its for releasing my upcoming games on. The only common things between the Rev3 and the multi-cart is the PCB outline, shell stand-off/mounting holes and the cart edge connector. They are best thought of as completely different projects because their core technology is very different.

I have to say that the animation was really good. Loved the computer mentioning the next 'life forms'....very imagine/ultimate like in presentation. High score table is a real plus. Now if only I could building that intellivision joystick.....

Did you see the controller I make?

As a teaser of my new Rev3 PCB this is an image of it at an early manufacturing stage :-

attachicon.gifRev3InTheMaking.jpg

I can't wait to get the prototypes built up and working after the PCBs come in.

This board is full of holes! It will never float!

(Good thing it's a PCB and not a boat...)

Looks promising. I'm guessing this is the bottom, since I don't see the "Rainbow Connection" anywhere...

• Like 1