IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Today's update is........ a gifeo!

post-21935-0-30899300-1363902226_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

This is the last title page (hopefully - unless nonner isn't happy :lol:)

Just What are you trying to say buddy?

8)

Yes, Im pretty happy! But somebody knows that I would do a new one everyday just because I always feel I could do better with alittle tweekin.

Im new for the ins and out of the Intelli so it was a hard process from my norm that I now seem to understand better(Thank you Mark)than when we started.

Saying that now...hmmm If Mark game me just another day or two, I know I could do better by redoing everything...

I JOKE HAHa ha. No changes.

..well..

• Like 1

Today's update is........ a gifeo!

post-21935-0-30899300-1363902226_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

This is the last title page (hopefully - unless nonner isn't happy :lol:). The new modern look spaceman's helmet design is much more colourful than the last version because more of the BACKTAB cards (tiles) are pulled in from GROM freeing up space in GRAM. A big thanks to nonner for going the extra mile on this.

I'm currently putting in the bonus items as well. Hopefully, they'll be in and fully working by tomorrow night.

Forget nonner! I say, make the stars twinkle. :P

-dZ.

• Like 1

I'll see how much space there is left in the ROM at the end of the project for eye candy like that.

Are you using a JLP-style board? That one dials the ROM size up to 11!

I use a memory map defined by Joe's "cart.mac" in the SDK-1600, with 42K of ROM readily available...

dZ.

I'm not against adding eye candy but at some point I like to draw a line under the project, call it done and then move onto to the next one. Its all too easy in software to tinker and tweak things until its "just right" and never actually ship the thing ;).

• Like 2

I'm not against adding eye candy but at some point I like to draw a line under the project, call it done and then move onto to the next one. Its all too easy in software to tinker and tweak things until its "just right" and never actually ship the thing ;).
LOL! I know how that goes.

very impressing title screen (especially when the stars twinkle :) )

Don't set your heart on the stars twinkling because they most likely won't in the final version. As soon as bonus items and the things needed to balance out the game are in place it'll be sound effects/music and the intermission and then its pretty much done (except for a ton more of testing and some minor cosmetic changes). Then I can move on to another Inty project :ponder:.

Today's update :-

- New hero graphics for flying around.

- Added an animated hero death sequence after he stops blinking.

- Bonus item graphics.

- Most of the code to support bonus items has been added.

There are more hero animations to go in but I need to modify the collision detection code to work them into the game.

Hopefully on Sunday there will be some gifeos of the new in-game changes.

I cant wait to seethe final box art!

Too soon ? Too soon?

We should do a joint box, overlay and manual for this game. Everyone take time, get some artwork, figure out a manual, then see what it would take to produce a box, just saying.......maybe it's not practical, but what the heck...