IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

I thought about his whole calamity here and its funny and sad at the same time. Back in the early 2013 you announced games. Many people loved them and gladly paid you the money you asked for them to pre-order. The release should follow in April 2013! We have September 2016 and still nothing.

You are so good in telling us about so great things that will come, but what have you done all the time? You programmed one single game (Piggy Bank) which was released just to mock other publishers, while your pre paid games were behind in time for over two years already. You dont even see any reason for being modest, no you told us proud how good you are. You also told us proud that Jeff Minter liked your game, completely ingoring the fact that many of us would also like to get the chance to like your games and in contrast to Mr. Minter we paid money for that. Maybe I am the only one, but I am sick of hearing some new empty promises or great things you have done, the only thing I want is that you finish the things you promised us to finish back in 2013. We had several release dates, you broke all of them and you do not even show enough respect for your customers to inform them most of the time, hell, you do not even answer questions if you dont like them.

I almost forgot, you are busy with your Multi-Cart, which is also very great and has so many additional stuff. Well, in the time you told us how great this cart will be, another publisher used its time to release a Multi-Cart. Just like that and as it seems its great.

I probably should stop the time until someone joins your side and tells me to "get a refund", brownnosing is very common in these situations. But I dont want a damn refund, I want the games I paid three and a half years ago and hell, I definitely won't hear you talking about great things you do. You dont do great things very often, most of the time you are just doing great words.

May you cancel my orders now, because my nose is not brown enough. I do not want them to be cancelled, but its not in my power. But I am just so sick of this empty promisses and of this farce. I stood at your side sometimes in the past, you may remember which situations, but in restrospect I am not sure if I was right in the past. I made advertising for your game in a german board and meanwhile I hope no one joined the pre order, because I would feel ashamed for talking people in this pre-order after all these years.

And don't worry. I definitely never will pre-order something again from you, so if you announce the next games and take money you can take your time for decades, I will not complain. Its everyones own fault if he supports you again before the games are done and produced. But I expect you finally to deliver that you promised for April 2013.

Edited by Ignorama

Well, the real question is if we ever see this release while Betty White is still alive.

And another, more serious question: I paid insured shipping in 2013, so if the Royal Mail raises there costs, which could happen in more than three years, who takes that costs?

And how do I even proof what I paid? I can't go so many years back in my PayPal-History.

Well. I will not defend him with regards to taking the money and taking so long to release the games. I will say that he seems to know a lot about the intellivision, several other gaming systems, and game programming. He is also very, (very) helpful and supportive in the inty programming sections and IntyBasic. and lots of other sections.

I don't think it's a great that these games were essentially sold (money was taken)and no games have been released. And I want them and the multicart released.

If I had found the games on Amazon and bought them and still didn't have them. I would pissed. But that's not what happened. I found them on a sub forum of a geeky (though amazing) web site that exists essentially by, for and because of people that seem to love this 'Classic Gaming' hobby.

If you want your money back, ask for a refund.

If you're pissed. I say let it out!, and this is a good place to do it. GroovyBee seems to be a big boy. He can take it.

As for me, I'll keep waiting and hoping.

Maybe someday I'll even release a game of my own and if I do I know a lot of help will come from GB and all the other folks here.

Well, I do not claim that he isnt helpful. But to be honest, for me thats exactly the problem. He helped you, as you said, while his projects are never ready to get released. He does way too many things and most of them (as Brian pointed out) probably never get finished. If we are kind we can call him ambitious, but after so many years may sophomoric decribes it better. And its not ment as an insult, its just what he represents here. Maybe its also a kind of procrastination, I dont know. Its also not up to me to tell him what to do with his free time and if he should finish his projects before starting new ones if its just his hobby. But at the moment he took money he left the hobby-area and also left the area where its up to him if he finishes something or not and it doesnt matter of he sold the games here, on Amazon or somewhere else. When you take money in advance with a release date (please keep in mind: When people had to pay, there was a release date already announced!) you have the duty to put your afford in getting the job done. And if the job isnt done, but customers hear about so many new and other projects, its pretty bad.

If you want your money back, ask for a refund.

If you're pissed. I say let it out!

I thought I pointed out clearly the topic refund and I am pretty sure that I said it out loud that I am pissed with this situation ;)

Edited by Ignorama

I understand that you are upset, Ignorama, but there is a very easy solution. You obviously have no faith in GroovyBee's abilities or motivation to deliver the product you paid for, so ask for a refund and leave behind this whole sordid mess.

Unless of course, you want to have your cake and eat it too: keep your order open, but bitch and moan about it all the way. It's perfectly fine if you want to do that, it's a form of catharsis; just go ahead and do it on your own somewhere else. Do not involve us here. :roll:

dZ.

Okay, I repeat it: I do not want a refund, I want what I paid for. And its hard to deny that mistrust is justified, because all promises which were made were broken, until GB stopped to promise anything and stopped to inform us (or maybe stopped to work on the games at all, who knows?)

I wonder why its so hard to understand, that a refund isnt what I am looking for. But if I think about it, its probably the only "argument" you could bring up against my complaints. "Ask for a refund and all the broken release-dates and all the behaviour is forgotten" -> Naaah, thats just not the truth.

Edited by Ignorama

I understand that you are upset, Ignorama, but there is a very easy solution. You obviously have no faith in GroovyBee's abilities or motivation to deliver the product you paid for, so ask for a refund and leave behind this whole sordid mess.

Unless of course, you want to have your cake and eat it too: keep your order open, but bitch and moan about it all the way. It's perfectly fine if you want to do that, it's a form of catharsis; just go ahead and do it on your own somewhere else. Do not involve us here. :roll:

dZ.

Maybe just PM GB himself... Like DZ mentioned most people here do not want to get involved in this. Especially that its something that has been brewing for 3 years for you.

I can understand your frustration though. Its better to get rid of your stress than to let it linger for so long..

Cancel and ask for a refund and when its released you will have a chance again to purchase again..

Oh dont worry, I dont sit in my room every day beeing angry about this here :lol: To be honest, most of the time I forgot that I had two games paid in 2013, but than I see threads like "the Hive" and remember: Wait, there was something. When I open these threads and see that the last response was in May, I think its time to remind someone that there is still something open.

Edit: By the way: I can't ask for a refund, because GroovyBee actually is in a race with Water Melons Project N, which also is "in development" for years now and where I get about the same amount of information, of course also paid. I am really excited who wins the race, so I have to keep my orders ;)

Edited by Ignorama

dZ.

You said it best this is a sordid mess! Why are you even here anyway? :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Or, more importantly why am I even here? :(

We all know exactly why you are here: because you can't resist following me around and posting a response to my comments, especially in these sort of controversial topics. It's flattering, though a bit creepy.

You should get out more often and follow other people. :P

We all know exactly why you are here: because you can't resist following me around and posting a response to my comments, especially in these sort of controversial topics. It's flattering, though a bit creepy.

You should get out more often and follow other people. :P

I love following you around, without you Intellivision would cease to exist! Thank you DZ for EVERYTHING!!! ;-)

We all know exactly why you are here: because you can't resist following me around and posting a response to my comments, especially in these sort of controversial topics.

Well, maybe I am wrong, but I think you are also responding to nearly every people who dares to criticize stuff like this. So you may do not follow specific persons, but you follow specific kind of posts. Is it less creepy? Especially since its completely not your business. I bought from GB and I complain about his behavior in our deal. What exactly is your argument for telling me what I should do or what I shouldnt do? It has nothing to do with you, you are not involved in my deal with GB. You would react completely different in my situation and its also fine for me, but I am not you and you are not me, so may we should not pretend that we found the ultimate solution in the others affairs.

I really respect you Dz, because your behavior as the developer for Carol Christmas was awesome. In fact, you are kind off a role model how a good business man should treat his customers. So there isnt bad blood between us from my side and I dont think I have done something wrong to you. Honesty, I am also pretty sure that I am not wrong in this special situation with GB, because I fulfilled all my parts of the deal, in contrast to GB himself.

You can write whatever you want, so if you are going to comment all comments like mine its up to you. But you won't stop me and you are not in the position to tell me what I should do. Its up to me if I want a refund or not and I do not even need to explain why I decide like I do. I acually tried to explain it, even if I know its probably hard to understand from your point of view. But its not just too easy, its also completely wrong to say "take a refund and everything is fine". May thats the answer for you, but definitely not for me.

Edited by Ignorama

Well, maybe I am wrong, but I think you are also responding to nearly every people who dares to criticize stuff like this. So you may do not follow specific persons, but you follow specific kind of posts. Is it less creepy? Especially since its completely not your business. I bought from GB and I complain about his behavior in our deal. What exactly is your argument for telling me what I should do or what I shouldnt do? It has nothing to do with you, you are not involved in my deal with GB. You would react completely different in my situation and its also fine for me, but I am not you and you are not me, so may we should not pretend that we found the ultimate solution in the others affairs.

I really respect you Dz, because your behavior as the developer for Carol Christmas was awesome. In fact, you are kind off a role model how a good business man should treat his customers. So there isnt bad blood between us from my side and I dont think I have done something wrong to you. Honesty, I am also pretty sure that I am not wrong in this special situation with GB, because I fulfilled all my parts of the deal, in contrast to GB himself.

You can write whatever you want, so if you are going to comment all comments like mine its up to you. But you won't stop me and you are not in the position to tell me what I should do. Its up to me if I want a refund or not and I do not even need to explain why I decide like I do. I acually tried to explain it, even if I know its probably hard to understand from your point of view. But its not just too easy, its also completely wrong to say "take a refund and everything is fine". May thats the answer for you, but definitely not for me.

I disagree. It is completely all my business when you continuously post in threads I follow and have an interest in, which are intended to be for updates and progress reports, and instead you hijack them with constant complaints about how much you hate the current situation.

If you read carefully my post, you'll see I wasn't criticizing or insulting you, I was re-iterating what a lot of others have already said: if you are unhappy, ask for a refund and be done with it and forget the whole mess; but just stop the constant complaining since it is getting tiresome and three years later it has proven that it helps nothing but aggravate you and us even more.

It is unfortunate that you feel this way, and I understand, but I (and I suspect others), don't care to hear it publicly any more. That's it. I know you can do whatever you want, so if you choose to continue hijacking these threads to express your frustration and displeasure towards these projects, or GroovyBee, or whatever, that's your prerogative; just as it is our prerogative to then tell you to sod off. Sorry.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I "hijacked" a dead thread, so dont pretend that I disturb any discussion here or derail anything. There is nothing I could derail and if you follow this thread, you may also noticed that there is nothing to follow.

In fact you are derailing it more than me, because I want answers about the release, you just want to discuss my position. So again and clear: I will not ask for a refund and I will not stop to complain from time to time until the games are released. You can think about it what you want, I do not care.

Edited by Ignorama