IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. LOCUSTS! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

(j/k, bro)

:lol:

I'm still really impressed and it was worth waiting for. I felt that there was a lot of work into this game. I wasn't really paying a lot of attention since there's many other things in life that I can pay attention too. So, I'm happy to preorder this game.

In a few months the cartridge with this game will come in a baggy full of goodies(J/K[hmm it could happen :ponder: ]) and I'll stuff this game into my Coleco Chameleon err I mean the Intellivision Master Component's cartridge slot and play this game.

• Like 2

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. LOCUSTS! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

(j/k, bro)

https://youtu.be/JFvujknrBuE

• Like 4

Just a slight correction to your description: its the MOBs that are in background mode and not the text. The font is always drawn in the foreground colour (using colour stack mode) on the HSC league table screen.

Although the additional technical detail is welcomed, I believe he meant that from a less technical perspective: The text is drawn on the BACKTAB (i.e., the screen background) but it's the MOBs that appear behind them. In other words, the first assumption people made on seeing it is that the floating text in the foreground must be MOBs, but they are in fact "drawn in the background" as it were.

Anyway, clever trick indeed, and very impressive in practice. :thumbsup:

-dZ.

• Like 2

(j/k, bro)

So... the dog didn't eat his homework? Then where is it?? :lol:

-dZ.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Groovy, I hadn't known about this game till I heard about it on the latest Intellivisionaries podcast. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I would like to be on the list for this one if you have any left. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment. Although the pre-order is closed, there will be plenty of copies to go around when the game ships.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment. Although the pre-order is closed, there will be plenty of copies to go around when the game ships.

I don't care how long it takes for this to complete, I can't wait to buy a copy! Nice to know that there will be plenty available. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been three months since I requested a refund for this game (and Mars Minis) from Groovy. I haven't heard from him in that time and my messages show as Not Read. Not trying to be "that guy" but after three months and no response I'm wondering if ANYONE has heard from him?

• Like 2

It's been three months since I requested a refund for this game (and Mars Minis) from Groovy. I haven't heard from him in that time and my messages show as Not Read. Not trying to be "that guy" but after three months and no response I'm wondering if ANYONE has heard from him?

GroovyBee has gone missing for a while, and some of us are worried for his health.

As attested by his past performance, I'm sure he would have given you a refund immediately if he were around.

I really hope he is doing OK; there are more important things in the world than video games.

dZ.

GroovyBee has gone missing for a while, and some of us are worried for his health.

As attested by his past performance, I'm sure he would have given you a refund immediately if he were around.

I really hope he is doing OK; there are more important things in the world than video games.

dZ.

I'm worried too. Hopefully he's alright.

• Like 1

Coincidently, I requested a refund from GroovyBee this week and have not heard back from him either. As some of you know I'm in money raising mode for bills and after 4 1/2 years simply want a refund and will consider it interest free working capital and will support the games when and if they come out. Hopefully those that want a refund will get it.

As for you dZ, I didn't realize you were the mouthpiece of GroovyBee and certainly don't need you to tell me or anyone else that there are more important things in life than video games - no s**t sherlock. Health, actually keeping your word, etc...

• Like 2