IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Pretty sure I've conducted myself in a respectful manner here. I've attacked no one. I can't say the same for how I've been treated. You can "buy" into whatever you like. I never once said I "stumbled upon" these forums. In fact, I lurked for quite a while and read a bunch of different threads before ultimately joining.

You say my assessment was unwarranted and unwanted. I didnt realize that we had to be asked for our opinions. I'll keep that in mind while I try and remember Rev's rules of engagement... fall in line and only speak when spoken to.

Your aggression towards me is really something else. I have no interest in matching your machismo response for response. So I'll just say this... I don't know you from any other person in this world. I've never been a part of this forum previously and I have no beef with anyone here. Believe me or don't. Makes no difference to me.

So, I'll be sticking around and enjoying the great info and other awesome contributions from the rest of the awesome members of this forum. You're stuck with me... unless you decide you want to ban me, which you are within your rights to do. But, for anyone who has read our exchanges here, I think that would say a lot more about you than it would me.

LOL! Maybe. It's like Eric left, took an online course on Advanced Trolling and came back. :lol:

Nah, this isnt the work of Eric, he is cool.

We are dealing with a sub par troll. One without the balls to confront Groovybee or contact him directly. Pathetic.

Im serious when I say we deserve better trolls. This one curled up with his tail between his legs.

Pretty sure I've conducted myself in a respectful manner here. I've attacked no one. I can't say the same for how I've been treated. You can "buy" into whatever you like. I never once said I "stumbled upon" these forums. In fact, I lurked for quite a while and read a bunch of different threads before ultimately joining.

You say my assessment was unwarranted and unwanted. I didnt realize that we had to be asked for our opinions. I'll keep that in mind while I try and remember Rev's rules of engagement... fall in line and only speak when spoken to.

Your aggression towards me is really something else. I have no interest in matching your machismo response for response. So I'll just say this... I don't know you from any other person in this world. I've never been a part of this forum previously and I have no beef with anyone here. Believe me or don't. Makes no difference to me.

So, I'll be sticking around and enjoying the great info and other awesome contributions from the rest of the awesome members of this forum. You're stuck with me... unless you decide you want to ban me, which you are within your rights to do. But, for anyone who has read our exchanges here, I think that would say a lot more about you than it would me.

Like clockwork.

post-19433-0-33071800-1530490570.jpeg

Tail between my legs, you say? You are really something else. You pick and choose the things you attempt to use against me and then can't even do me the courtesy to correctly quote me... or you paraphrase to the point where the only thought you're getting across is your own because it's nothing I've ever said.

Like I said before... I don't know you or anyone else here. I've got no agenda other than to share thoughts, opinions and seek out new info on the Intellivision. You've decided to take my post and make it a federal case. You did that. Not me. I have my own thoughts and opinions and I'll express them as I please until you decide you"ve had enough of me. Sorry you have decided to judge me before even getting to know me. That's on you and it doesn't affect me in the least.

Feel free to continue wasting your time on this. Maybe we'll run into each other in another thread and then you can decide whether or not you want to react civilly to me or you want to continue this nonsense.

What do you want to tell Groovybee?

Go ahead and say it. Ill go back and check your messages, but I dont think youve directly addressed your issues to him yet. Be a man.

(I know, saying to be a man goes against the SJW agenda thats going on, but still)

Edited by Rev

I don't know, I just flew in from Rev's town and boy are my arms tired! Rev's town is small, in fact the town is so small that the mice are all stoop shouldered and if you plug in your electric razor the trollies stop! It's small I tell you.

• Like 2

If there is anything to be said to GroovyBee, isn't it already right in the post that started all of this banter? I'm not sure how much more clear one has to be to drive home what I had to say. It's even in nicely numbered bullet points. Were you too busy wanting me to be troll you seem to need today to see how clear I actually was?

I'll start this post out by saying that I am brand new to this forum. I described in another post that I am an Intellivision kid who sold off his system and games when I got older and has just recently rekindled my interest and love for this wonderful piece of my childhood. I have absolutely no stake in this situation outlined in the contents of this thread. I have no allegiance to anyone who contributed their thoughts to this thread. I'm just a guy who is new to the forums and has been reading all of the various topics like crazy trying t soak up information on the console that I grew up with. I've read all 73 pages of this thread (sheezus, what a wild ride!). So, I decided to put my thoughts and opinions down in writing because... this is the internet and that's what people do. :) I expect there will be people that agree with me and and others that won't... and that's ok. What a boring worls this would be if we all had the same thoughts and opinions. I'm not trying to stir up any controversy but I have thoughts, like all of you... it's Saturday afternoon and it's 90 degrees outside and I've got nothing better to do... so here goes nothing.

After reading through this entire thread as well as checking out other threads (most notably, the Hover Bovver thread and the Hive Multi-cart thread), I see a pattern established by GroovyBee. I believe that the facts of the matter that cannot be disputed are that he has started many a project for the Intellivision but has completed very few (I believe that he has 2 completed projects if I recall correctly... only 1 of which is a truly completed game... in the span of at least 6 years (could be longer but I'm not entirely sure)). That's all well and good. Very few people here are doing Intellivision programming full-time. Everyone has lives outside of this forum and outside of any projects that they may be working on. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that any project undertaken here could take a good deal of time to complete. It's also reasonable to assume that any given project may never see the light of day in the form of a completed piece off work.

However, in doing this, he has established what one could certainly call a pattern of "incompleteness". There are several, high-profile (I'll call them that because there are specific threads dedicated to each of them here on the forum) examples.

- Rocketeer was announced 5 years ago and ultimately canceled.

- The Hive Multi-cart was announced 5 years ago and there has been no update from him since April 2017.

- His involvement in Hover Bovver has been detailed in a couple of different threads causing great controversy.

I outline these to establish the pattern that anyone who has been involved in GroovyBee's journey in the realm of Intellivision programming should have seen and that pattern should have led a reasonable person to expect that his projects may never see the light of day. It's fine to get excited about the prospect of these projects. Let's face it, Rocketeer and the Hive Multi-cart both looked awesome and had/have great potential to be enjoyable additions to the system that we all love. But, there is nothing to show that they will ever be completed.

Having said that, and back to speaking specifically about this thread, GroovyBee decided to ask for pre-orders and, in doing so, take people's money. With that came the promise of a delivered and complete product at some point in the future. I also don't think it unreasonable to expect that anyone who sent him money was entitled to periodic status updates that they shouldn't have had to ask for. The onus is on the person who accepted payment for services/goods to provide his customers with updates. It had been shown time and again that GroovyBee would disappears for weeks or even months at a time from these forums, leaving his customers to wonder about the status of their investment. Again, no one reasonably assumes that everyone on this forum will visit it every day or even every week. Everyone here has lives that take them places they may not expect and puts restrictions on them that take them away from doing things like browsing the internet and posting on forums. Totally understandable. But, to go completely absent for large gaps of time when you have taken money from people who are expecting something from you simply isn't fair or reasonable.

With all of that outlined, I think it boils down to 2 main reasons why people became upset.

1) Continued lack of acknowledgement that he has handled this situation in a manner that is not in line with that of a reasonable person.

GroovyBee's replies on this thread as well as other threads show someone who simply doesn't believe that he has done anything wrong. His stance was simply, "if you don't want to wait, you can request refund". While that's all well and good, it's simply bad customer service. It's been 5 1/2 months since he announced that he was cancelling Rocketeer and issuing refunds and the refunding process is still not complete and his most recent post was one of aggravation with his customers because they wanted to know where their refund is. I simply don't get the annoyance he is showing at people that he owes money. It would be reasonable to assume that his annoyance along with the extremely long amount of time it is taking to complete the refund process for all of his customers means that he doesn't have the funds readily available to be done with all of this. That would be perfectly acceptable and would account for the long period of time if he would simply come out and admit what is going on versus taking a defiant stance. People will forgive a lot when they feel like they know something and they feel like someone has admitted to doing something they shouldn't have. I feel confident that if GroovyBee had taken this approach the tone of this thread would have been much different.

2) Lack of any remorse for putting people who trusted him in a position where they had to question his motives.

Throughout this thread, GroovyBee would take extended periods of time away without posting any status update for his customers. To think that this wouldn't rub anyone who paid money the wrong way isn't reasonable. Again, I know life gets in the way. But, as soon as he decided to take money for work that was not yet complete he had a responsibility to keep his customers informed. When he would come back with updates there was never a sense that he felt badly about putting people out and when they began to voice displeasure he took the "if you don't like it you can request a refund" stance versus trying to empathize with the people who trusted him with their money and offering compassion in his responses for the situation that he had created. It's only natural that people could begin to question his motives.

The same holds true in the Hive Multi-cart thread. It was over a year since GroovyBee had replied to that thread and then he appeared in May with a post that was just a laughing emoji. That doesn't seem like a way to endear yourself to a group of people that have remained excited about your work even with overwhelming evidence that support the theory that the work will never get completed/released.

Again, the same holds true in the Hover Bovver debacle. We don't know all of the details behind this story, so I won't post my personal opinion on the matter. But, suffice it to say, what has been exposed does not make GroovyBee show in the best light.

Long story, short... GroovyBee appears, from everything that I've read and seen, to be a very talented programmer with a ton of potential. He also seems to have what appears to be a challenge with focus. There are years worth of evidence on this forum to support that statement. I hope that GroovyBee can find a way to both hone his talents, find peace in his personal life to allow him time to do more of what he appears to be so good at.. Also, I hope that he finds the ability to be more empathetic to the people that want so badly to support him.

In your entire first post, you come in here and talk ABOUT Groovybee. Never TO him.

Pretty rude where I come from.

What is your purpose in coming in here and posting this?

What have you set out to accomplish?

As I’ve said before. Everyone involved in a transaction knows what’s going on and what’s happened the last 5 years.

Logic dictates you came here for a reaction.

Not really sure how I can make myself any more clear. So, if you can't get it by now chances are I'm wasting my energy with you because all you want to do is make me out to be the bad guy. That's fine, I guess. I suppose having opinions and expressing them is no longer part of what you deem acceptable participation. I really dont know how to be any more clear.