IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

How is it ancient, when many people do not have their refund yet?

Well, for starters, GroovyBee does not seem to respond every time that it gets bumped, so it seems that the thread is dead.

... until it gets bumped again for no apparent reason other than to keep complaining about it.

That's fine and it's your prerogative and like I said, I'll don't mind helping bring awareness to the drama once more.

It's my pleasure, no need to thank me. You are welcome. :)

dZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No response doesn't mean it hasn't been read.

It could also mean (and most like does) that it has been put in the "ignore" list.

I know that that's what I would do if I were tired of reading complaints from people.

However, I'm not tired, so its cool. We're all in this together. I can help light the torches or sharpen the pitchforks, and I'll even do it for free. It's all cool. :)

dZ.

This is literally why I do all of my development in a very compulsively public way. I post code and regularly release on Github, this way, if for some reason I can't finish a project (real life DOES get in the way, I do not hold this against anyone), people can still use, modify, and hopefully, carry on and extend the things I've created.

-Thom

The problem was never that he is not able to finish anything. The problem is that he lied to us for years and now is a proven scammer. If he had refunded the money no one would care anymore, but it seems he has burned the money and may or may not will refund when he is finally able to.

Personally, I think GB has mental problems. Its no statement to make fun about him, but his all behaviour shows that he lives in a complete different world and has no sense of responsibility at all. And if thats false, he is just a criminal, dont know which one would be better.

But anyway, my strong advise to anyone: If this guy shows up again anytime, do not be naive and invest money in his projects. He is just not trustworthy at all.

• Like 3

"Ancient drama".... people out money is a little more than drama, no?

Nope, just drama.

But that's OK, because we all love drama here in this community. That's what keeps us together. :)

You see, I'm doing my part just like you. :cool: :thumbsup:

"Ancient drama".... people out money is a little more than drama, no?

For what little it's worth, I'm keeping hope alive that the rest of you get refunds soon.

Thanks slabomeat.

It's worth $80us to me and when all refunds are made there would be no posts here anymore.

Edited by Utopia

I received my refund. I feel pretty confident everyone will . I don't know how many preorders were done but if it's like 150 then 150x40 is $6000usd . That's a lot to come up with at once after 5 years.

"Currently, I have refunded around 70% of cart sales"

So I can't imagine refunding %70 and not intending to finishing it.

Thanks slabomeat.

It's worth $80us to me and when all refunds are made there would be no posts here anymore.

I wasn't trying to downplay your side of it. Just meant that ME hoping doesn't mean much. :)

I got my refund long ago when I didn't like the way things were looking. Again, hopefully every single person gets his as well.

70%...yes for sure. :D

Great job!!! :thumbsup: you see, this is what we need: to add more drama. Let's not let those who who can attest to having gotten their refund diminish the rancor of those who haven't.

They don't matter, nothing matters. All that matters is to keep this thread alive to bitch and moan.

Look at me, I'm doing my part, just like Intymike and Slab0meat. :)

Keep it up! That's the best way to keep this community alive. Unity in strife. :party:

Awesome! We're all working towards a common goal. :cool:

Great job!!! :thumbsup: you see, this is what we need: to add more drama. Let's not let those who who can attest to having gotten their discount diminish the rancor of those who haven't.

They don't matter, nothing matters. All that matters is to keep this thread alive to bitch and moan.

Look at me, I'm doing my part, just like Intymike and Slab0meat. :)

Keep it up! That's the best way to keep this community alive. Unity in strife. :party:

Awesome! We're all working towards a common goal. :cool:

I'm sensing the possibility of subtle sarcasm.

I received my refund. I feel pretty confident everyone will . I don't know how many preorders were done but if it's like 150 then 150x40 is $6000usd . That's a lot to come up with at once after 5 years.

"Currently, I have refunded around 70% of cart sales"

So I can't imagine refunding %70 and not intending to finishing it.

A bunch of people purchased multiple copies and a second game (Mars Minis) was also paid for. Also, I think shipping too. I have no idea how many carts were pre-ordered, but I'm guessing at least 200-300.

• Like 1

Poor DZ.. suffering abandonment issues from the guy he backed endlessly.

Who cares that others still deserve money back, it's more drama!

Not me, I got my refund. :P

But you're right, we need more drama! Keep it up! That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

A bunch of people purchased multiple copies and a second game (Mars Minis) was also paid for. Also, I think shipping too. I have no idea how many carts were pre-ordered, but I'm guessing at least 200-300.

I would be very surprise if it were that many. Most games don't sell nearly that much when they are actually out and available.

But hey! This thread needs it -- let's not let facts and reason get in the way of a good bitchfest. We can all speculate like that.

Here, let me try: I think that there were 800 pre-orders of Rocketeer and 10,000 or Mars Minis, and that GroovyBee bought a yacht and is probably sailing the warm waters of the Caribbean. Does that make you even more angry? Did you bring your fitchpork and torch? I got extras. :)

-dZ.

I think it was around june 2018 when I got my refund so it was fairly recent. My thought was why would he pay %70 back then not finish the last %30. I feel he'll make it right. Just probably too much money all at once and needed a few months before finishing.

And i'll buy the games when they are ready. I purchased the hover bovver half cut carts as a way to support the final release. So the rom as is.

Maybe he might be willing to do something similar to help fund the remaining outstanding refunds.

I would be very surprise if it were that many. Most games don't sell nearly that much when they are out.

But hey! This thread needs it -- let's not let facts and reason get in the way of a good bitchfest. We can all speculate like that.

Here, let me try: I think that there were 800 pre-orders of Rocketeer and 10,000 or Mars Minis, and that GroovyBee bought a yacht and is probably sailing the warm waters of the Caribbean. Does that make you even more angry? Did you bring your fitchpork and torch? I got extras. :)

-dZ.

Groovy has brought the drama on himself with how this situation was handled and has continued to handle it because of his poor communication, nonchalant attitude and long absences. If he were to simply log in occasionally and honestly keep people apprised of his situation, this community is usually pretty forgiving. But to announce "Refunds for all!", refund a few but not others and then disappear again without a trace ... you're injecting drama into the drama you've already created.

Personally, if I owed people money, I would be apologetic and letting them know what's going on, even if I was embarrassed by the entire situation. It's the right thing to do.

I had kept quiet because I received my refund long ago, but I don't begrudge any of the people on this board doing what they can to keep this alive until they receive their refunds. They are justified and Groovy should be keeping them informed of the refunding process either publicly or via PM.

• Like 2

The problem is that GroovyBee is not here, so all this drama is just gratuitous bitchfest fodder.

But that's OK. We all need to put our fitchporks and torches to use, or else they get rusty.

So let everybody who's expressed a negative opinion in the past chime in and repeat it -- including those who have done it already in this very thread.

We need to keep it going. We all know that people won't look bad and read your earlier complaints, so we need to keep repeating then. That's the only way to make sure we are heard!

(Although not by GroovyBee, of course, who seems to be ignoring this thread completely. :mad: but that's OK, there's an entire community full of people who must know our anger!!! :mad: )

Do you need help lighting your torch? I got lighter fluid, and works like a charm. :)

dZ

End there. You nailed it.

Awesome, so you agree that all the posting here is for the sake of venting and extending the drama for this loving community. Cool.

I see we're all aligned on a common goal. :cool:

Don't forget your torch too. On a pinch, a lit match will do. :)

Do you need help lighting your torch? I got lighter fluid, and works like a charm. :)

dZ

Hey J... you aren't funny. :(

This thread has descended to the dirt and has ceased to have any useful information. No wonder Groovybee doesn't even mind answer here with this level of "jokes".

It should be locked and another thread opened only to have a list of people waiting for refunds.

Hey J... you aren't funny. :(

This thread has descended to the dirt and has ceased to have any useful information. No wonder Groovybee doesn't even mind answer here with this level of "jokes".

It should be locked and another thread opened only to have a list of people waiting for refunds.

Amen. This thread has had no purpose for quite some time. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Awesome, so you agree that all the posting here is for the sake of venting and extending the drama for this loving community. Cool.

While I'm sure some people are just venting, I believe many of these posts are intended to put public pressure on those involved. Drama or not, it bumps the post and publicly highlights that there are ongoing unresolved issues and uncompensated parties. Readers of the thread may be interested in the progress and outcome, particularly in considering future business, partnership, and/or purchases from those involved. I don't think it's accurate or fair to label all of these posts as vengeful mobbery.

• Like 4

While I'm sure some people are just venting, I believe many of these posts are intended to put public pressure on those involved. Drama or not, it bumps the post and publicly highlights that there are ongoing unresolved issues and uncompensated parties. Readers of the thread may be interested in the progress and outcome, particularly in considering future business, partnership, and/or purchases from those involved. I don't think it's accurate or fair to label all of these posts as vengeful mobbery.

That's the thing: "those involved" are not here and apparently not interested in participating. It has been rather obvious for some time.

So bumping the thread every so often just leads to some venting and others rolling their eyes, for really no good except extending the drama.

dZ.