Only getting the pdf in the zip..yes I am choosing the download folder option...weird.

And I thought it was only me!!... There is a problem with that link. The executable sometimes does not appear in the folder. I just checked now when I've seen your message and it doesn't show up, there is just the pdf file. Strange!.. I wonder if John is deleting it.

Edited by atari8warez

Thanks John, we all look forward to Ultimon II, its wonderful to still see people like yourself still develop for the Atari, we have been lucky to see many of the Devs from the past drop by and offer help or products as you have.

Anyone got a spare drive belt for John?

I am guessing Paul and John used to drop into sillica sometimes, I know that someone kept putting up his music files on the XE (it must have been one of them 2)

As for computerhouse UK....good memories, used to go and see them fairly regularly towards the end (i.e. a walk from islington to fulham), the person that Started Gralin house and one of the original L.A.C.E members (not to be confused with Gralin international) worked for computerhouse as their inhouse hardware guy (i had quite a few chats with him at the various LACE group meetings)

lastly if you're using ultimon on anything over 128k (emulator or pucka A8), i don't think it will work (I recall someone at LACE telling me that)

the pdf and the ultimon files are separate files

Edited by carmel_andrews

Is ultimon II nearly finished John or have you just started it

Lasstly if your still doing it, could you add a calcultor mode (like the one built into omnimon)...or even a binary load option (i.e load dos exec. files without dos)

Its nearly finished, a couple of weekends should see the first release.

If anyone has a list of possible requirements for the future maybe they should list it here; but please keep in mind that its a Debugger/Disassembler.

I know its a debugger / disassembler but a screen grabber, font and sprite ripper would be brill?

Sort of like the Action Replay did for the C64.

Yeah I know I can dump all these by using the monitor and just finding the pointers but it would be a nice byproduct if you felt inclined :)

I only asked as I was reminded of a multi boot variant myself and a good mate Steve programmed, he had stripped out the Sprites for the EA loader screen and various fonts and other sprites for it, was really nice, I seem to remember we got stuck by programs that seemed to run / init in a strange way so it remained 99% complete and then like many other things it was put on a floppy and unless he kept his disks its gone to the Atari graveyard in the sky.

Whatever the answer thanks for the work John...

Edited by Mclaneinc

I only mentioned the calculator mode since it would make things easier to calculate how many sectors you need to write to and/or from the disk (i.e. you just subtract the hi mem from lo mem and divide that by 128 or 256)

If i recall the way omnimon did it (h himem - lo mem /128)

Or even better with the sector write option, just tell the option to write xxx and yyy memory to disk without specifying how many sectors to actually write (since the option would automatically figure out how many sectors to write)

post-35042-0-09679400-1362401986_thumb.png

After a heavy week of work ULTIMON II is coming along nicely, its still a few weeks way though... because of new more powerful functionality.

Top line is stack (current position leftmost).

Bottom section live (continually polled).

All commands are being re-worked with some commands having a different instruction set, for a better user experience.

Edited by john.lawson
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

I may replace Supermon with this. No offense to the HTT.

(although, I love the rebound font) :)

Supermon is actually an Australian product done by Will Visser. The HTT one is almost the same except for the font and a small rework of some code in the first 2k, ie changing who did it etc. I noticed there are a couple of others getting around That have done the same or similar things.

I now own it as i bought all his 8bit products off him.. One thing i need to do is get the docs typed in and put out there.

James

Do you think I should use 2 OS slots and keep both SuperMon and UltiMon2? I also have OmniMon... There are so many. What is the best 'all around' one? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

-K

My opinion is totally biased of course :)

There is another monitor that no one knows about also from Australia. It is 8K in 2 4k banks and needs some extra hardware to work. I have one in the shed in an 800 which i won't be able to look at for at least a week. I know of no version for XL or XE. It is Written by John Niccoles. I have no docs for it. It has built in eprom burner software to be used with a very specific bit of hardware plugged into 800 joystick ports 2,3 and 4.

Time to get it documented it and get it out there.

James

• 6 months later...

ULTIMON.png

After a heavy week of work ULTIMON II is coming along nicely, its still a few weeks way though... because of new more powerful functionality.

Top line is stack (current position leftmost).

Bottom section live (continually polled).

All commands are being re-worked with some commands having a different instruction set, for a better user experience.

Any update on this?

• 1 year later...