I spoke to John recently and its still in the works its just he's opened a new business and a lot of his time is in that plus he's already very busy. He said there's no time scale on release but I nearer the time I may get to beta test it so its still on the way..

I will post when I know more...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Currently there only seems to be one 'UltiMON.ROM' available from http://ultimon.com/, not a discrete XL and XE version. Is this the new one that was discussed and has been quietly released or am I looking in the wrong place?

According to the linked page it's the original 16kB 1985/1986 XL/XE OS ROM version, with an updated cartridge based version still to come. Somethings strange though, I downloaded it and found it's only an 8kB file.

It also mentions that the upcoming cartridge version is supposed to work with MyBIOS and OSA/OSB(400/800 OS)

Weird, just replied to a thing about Ultimon just now.

My last contact with John was that the new Ultimon was nearly finished but on the business front John had just launched a new company as well as other stuff, he said I could beta test the new one when it was done but its been a while although I'm sure it will happen. You can't fault the man for keeping business first but as far as details its purely from the website that's not been updated for a while but to be fair until john was contacted re the old Ultimon it had been a long time about anything new..

I still look forward to having a play with the new beast, sounds very interesting and I hope it can break my love of Omnimon but here's hoping..

I did try and contact him a while back but he was busy, maybe Savetz could do an interview and try and get some details of the new one and what progress there is..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Yes, it is an 8K ROM only that loads in $A000-B000 area. It is named "ULTIMON OSB". It looks as if it is an early development for a cartridge version. Still bugged.

The working 16K ROM(original as of 1986) is attached.

madi

Many thanks madi!!! That looks like its just the ticket!

Obviously absolutely any work the fellow does on this will be greatly appreciated or alternately if he has decided he wants to chuck it all in - its totally up to him and I am sure no one here would blame him one way or the other. However, it would be nice just to have a couple of lines to know if his interest is still there or not, how things are progressing and so on. I always found that when I would report some public progress on a project the feedback I would get in response actually helped to keep me motivated and to know there was an interest still bubbling along the way. I know there will always be people to find who'll demand the moon right now, but I don't think there are many on the forum here who would treat him so poorly.

Hopefully the best is yet to come and I do not doubt it will be well worth waiting for!!!

Edited by morelenmir
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Weird, just replied to a thing about Ultimon just now.

My last contact with John was that the new Ultimon was nearly finished but on the business front John had just launched a new company as well as other stuff, he said I could beta test the new one when it was done but its been a while although I'm sure it will happen. You can't fault the man for keeping business first but as far as details its purely from the website that's not been updated for a while but to be fair until john was contacted re the old Ultimon it had been a long time about anything new..

I still look forward to having a play with the new beast, sounds very interesting and I hope it can break my love of Omnimon but here's hoping..

I did try and contact him a while back but he was busy, maybe Savetz could do an interview and try and get some details of the new one and what progress there is..

Hi Mclaneinc

Just asking. Is possible for you to contact John regarding the development status of his Ultimon II?

It was almost complete. Hope to hear good news. ;-)

madi

Edited by Madi
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Madi,

A reply, takes a while as John is a busy guy...Got this today....

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I do intend to continue my work on ULTIMON but I am overwhelmed with the amount of work at the moment. I expect it to calm down in the middle of the year. I look forward to getting back into ATARI it always has been very special to me as I have so many memories of it.

The new version was about 50% complete when I left it. I know it will be great and can be included with some new pieces of hardware that are available.

Take care,

John

• Like 4

• 5 years later...