IGNORED

look what arrived in my office this morning..

Guitari

Direct from Telegames here in the UK.

Happy dayz!

IS2 CD comes in a same shaped box as cartridge boxes.

Had to replace the staples in the manuals for Worms and IS2 as they were rusty. Not expected for new items but no big deal. There's a mild smell of dank so I guess the boxes were kept in the Telegames attic.

The two at the bottom of the pile came sealed though.

post-7413-0-21534800-1361885562_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Great score :) Didn't know they made a new box variation ("Limited Edition") for Towers 2.. when did that start? I don't think any of the Telegames games came shrinkwrapped...

Is this another Telegames "Limited Edition" like IS2 Cart -- aka "Limited to however many we can sell over 15-20 years"? ;)

Edited by Justin42
  • Like 3

Great score :) Didn't know they made a new box variation ("Limited Edition") for Towers 2.. when did that start? I don't think any of the Telegames games came shrinkwrapped...

Is this another Telegames "Limited Edition" like IS2 Cart -- aka "Limited to however many we can sell over 15-20 years"? ;)

The shrink wrapped ones i dont think are telegames ones, I think they were just stocking them.

Is there any difference with the LE version of the game besides the box? Haven't seen that version before.

Yeah, that's odd. I know my box that I bought from Telegames a few years ago doesn't have the "Limited Edition". And I don't think any of their games are extremely limited. I'm pretty sure they just continue to produce as many as they can sell.

The Telegames releases originally came shrink-wrapped, back in the 90's when I got IS2, WTR and Towers II they all came shrinkwrapped. IIRC, I think I ordered them all from GoAtari back then. Though maybe they have stopped doiing that over the years. I do know for sure that Songbird cartridge games I bought new direct from them weren't shrink-wrapped, I don't remember if my Robinson's Requiem CD came shrinkwrapped or not.

Edited by Gunstar

Are the cartridge labels to Worms and B2K full color and nice? Or do they look like theyve been done by a cheap inkjet printer? Could you post pics of them please? And do the boxes look nice and professional too? Stock not thin and no pixelization on the artwork?

I'm hoping for a full-color and full-sized label on my Towers II cart, and I'd rather have full-color inkjet than the old black labels with simple red print, those are the ones that really suck. I'd make my own label, if that is the case, except it would lower re-sale value not bieng original an mint. But if the cartridge has a full-color inkjet looking label, I'll be happy, and it's original manufacture, so the value is the same.

Edited by Gunstar

Are the cartridge labels to Worms and B2K full color and nice? Or do they look like theyve been done by a cheap inkjet printer? Could you post pics of them please? And do the boxes look nice and professional too? Stock not thin and no pixelization on the artwork?

Hi - I only got them yesterday and only hooked up I war and B2K. I did open all the boxes. B2K and Worms definitley have just their titles on the cart labels, nothing special but doesn't look cheap. Im fairly certain Towers 2 has the same. Will check later. The top 4 boxes in the photo (those not shrink wrapped) are thin boxes, thinner than the norm. Missile Command and I war have proper manuals and the rest from memory have a home made look to them. Worms and IS2 are defo having the home made feel as they were two I had to replace the staples on as they were rusty.

Will take photos tonight.

Thanks for the pic Guitari!

Yikes... the labels on B2K and Worms are of the older, original style, but they're a bit smaller AND whoever affixed them doesn't know how to center and avoid putting a divot where the screw holes are. You'd think at $100 a pop or more, a little more care would go into producing these things. :(

That Towers II label looks nice though! :)

Edited by save2600

Thanks for the pic Guitari!

Yikes... the labels on B2K and Worms are of the older, original style, but they're a bit smaller AND whoever affixed them doesn't know how to center and avoid putting a divot where the screw holes are. You'd think at $100 a pop or more, a little more care would go into producing these things. :(

That Towers II label looks nice though! :)

no worries. but actually I didn't even notice the divots until i took the photos so maybe not so bad in real life. Also the towers label does look like it came off an inkjet printer, but i like it too!

Bubbles and divots! Somebody bumped into the person applying the Worms label. I would be a little upset if my brand new Worms arrived that way. Good score though! Those are all great titles!

I know there was a thread here with information about Telegames and their current Jaguar inventory, detailing that there's basically a guy that is making these one at a time to order. These Limited Edition versions are the 'new' ones, and are a bit cheaper in raw materials (thin boxes etc..), although I would say that would probably be the only difference as I have all the original releases and the boxes are thick like normal Jaguar boxes, but they all have black/white folded paper manuals.

I think it's great that people can still score these games brand new though.

As per the other thread I started, I got my Towers II. The label, after very close inspection, doesn't look like it came from an inkjet printer, I think people are saying this becuase the "black" is a dark grey, and also becuase the label is not glossy; what it is, is a matte-finish label, therefore it effects the look, but I think it's actually higher-quality label paper than original glossy labels. But it is a smooth finish, and it is not a print-out with a protective layer applied by hand, it is commercial quality labels. it wasn't done in-house.

As to the "condition" of the other Telegames games Guitari got, since they were direct from Telegames, and since they came with rusty staples, and look identical to the original versions, I have a theory. I think that's what Guitari got, new-old stock; it seems as though you got some old-stock that was "lost" and found and has apparently been exposed to some moisture over the years that caused the staples to rust. That's old stock, they did look more "home made" than the Towers II limited edition is. I'd like to see Worms and IS2 carts that were bought from one of the dealers that have them now, to see if they have newer, smaller manuals and full color labels too, or if they are still red and black labels, with plain manuals.

I've never seen Breakout 2000 before, but it seems to have a newer manual, and older label. And I bet it didn't have rusty staples, right?

Or, maybe it's just an old supply of manuals that were exposed to moisture that they are still using, but the cartridges are newer but with the same old lablels?

Edited by Gunstar

I reckon the supply to the dealers would be the sameas what I got. Pete at telegames said I could have these titles even tho they weren't showing as in stock on his website; I had enquired why this was the case as he had supplied to songbird and b&c. He just hadn't updated his site yet. Obviously it made more sense not to order via America! From UK and back again! The only thing I found concerning was the smell of damp and the rust on the staples remains on the paper. Be interested to know if I got worse condition ones as I ordered direct.. If anyone buys via song bird etc I'd like to see photos....

All the best

Iron Soldier II has the smaller, silver label. Worms has the black and red label. I have purchased both of these within the last couple of months, so I imagine they are still the current offering!

Well, someone else, already showed a new version of IS2 cart with a full-color, right-sized label like the Towers II game I got recently and started a thread about, so there definately are new "limited edition" IS2 and Towers 2 games at least (yes I know IS2 cart has always been labeled limited edition, but it's still different version now). So far, however, I haven't seen anyone showing new versions of Break out 2k(except manual), Worms, Zero 5 or IS2 and WTR CD games. I guess there are older labels, manuals and boxes left to use up for the other games...

Edited by Gunstar

I just got my copy of IS2 cart from songbird and its the older style silver label on the cart

It seems to be the dominent version still, so far, I only know of two people (who posted here at AA within the last year) who have the full-color labels.

Does your copy have a graphic of the IS Mech overlapping the four screen shots on the back of the box? That's the newer version, the older box just has the four screen shots, but no mech overlapping, IIRC.

Also, does the manual have a text-only cover (old style) or is there a B&W picture of the box cover art on it's cover? I'm just wondering if there's mixing and matching going on with labels/boxes/manuals, etc.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1