IGNORED

Apple Graphics & Arcade Game Design by Jeffrey Stanton

Allan

Happy birthday! Here's a scan of "Apple Graphics & Arcade Game Design" by Jeffrey Stanton.

Note: Fixed page 75.

Allan

Thanks for uploading that (and taking the time to fix page 75). That's one of the few Apple books that I own a physical copy of, so it's good to have a clean pdf too. I have the version of the book for the Atari 8-bit ("Atari Graphics & Arcade Game Design"), and I know Jeff (well, I haven't seen him since... hmm... 2001 and I haven't spoke to him since 2005-- so maybe I knew Jeff is more the proper term).

Jeff's "Atari Graphics & Arcade Game Design" is available here:

http://www.atariarchives.org/agagd/

This version has been up for about ten or twelve years. While I have "Atari Graphics & Arcade Game Design," is there a pdf scan available?

I always found it amusing that when Jeff and I would talk about Atari. He liked the Apple, but once he discovered the Atari, he just couldn't believe how much better that it was, although at first it was a stuggle to figure-out how it worked due to lack of documentation. He told me about the crazy routines that he had to come up with on the Apple just to me it do what seemed to come naturally to the Atari. He said it wasn't until, I think, "De Re Atari" was published that he could write that the book with Dan Pinal. Supposedly Atari used to "Atari Graphics & Arcade Game Design" to introduce programmers on how to write games for the Atari 5200. Not sure if that was hearsay that Jeff heard or if it's true (as I've never heard or read about it anywhere else).

Jeff's other hobby besides computers is/was photography. He has a book about Venice, California here:

http://www.westland....ice/stanton.htm

He has also written a book about Santa Monica, California:

http://www.amazon.co...on santa monica

After Jeff was into the Apple and then Atari, he went on and continued to use the Amiga. He wrote a book about the Amiga, in 1986, called "Masting AmigaDOS."

Man, I'm getting off the subject here!

In summation, thanks for scanning "Apple Graphics & Arcade Game Design." It wasn't until the last few days that I've discovered just how difficult it is to get pdfs of, what I would have thought, were some of the most common books for the Apple II computer. Looking forward to finding some Compute! books (and some others) one of these days!

Adam

This version has been up for about ten or twelve years. While I have "Atari Graphics & Arcade Game Design," is there a pdf scan available?

http://www.atarimania.com/documents-atari-atari-400-800-xl-xe--books_1_8.html

Glad people are enjoying the book. I was going to sell it but I figured more people would read it this way.

Allan

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Working on this today. It's going rather smoothly except for a couple of stubborn pages with glue on them. Had to split it up in scanner do to size. I'm not sure if it's going to be under 25meg though. It's a thick book. I may have to split it into two. I hope to have it done in a couple of hours.

Allan

Did you ever complete Scanning this Book and Post it??

MarkO

The Apple Graphics & Arcade Game Design book?

It's been up at Asimov for some time now.

And was Originally posted in this thread at post #10.. With the disk posted at post #50.

And recently a Group on Facebook with this book as the focus, Apple Graphics and Arcade Game Design Enthusiasts.

My post was in response to post #34, the book, "Apple IIGS in C and Assembly Language" by Mark Andrews.

MarkO

Edited by MarkO