IGNORED

Blitter enhanced games only, not requiring an STE

oky2000

i will check out those games if they are in my stack of disks ta :) I think someone made a list or was it over on Atari-Forum I don't know.

Such a shame I don't have my start of Salamander(Konami) level 1 parallax I wrote in STOS (hey I was young and full of blind optimism!) to try with blitter enhanced STOS! I wonder if there is any way to replace a file in PD games written with STOS to make those run better too.

Have to say it's nice to be using my Mega again, such a nice looking setup and lovely keyboard.

• 3 years later...

One thing's for sure, more software would've supported the Blitter had Atari Corp not failed multiple times to produce their promised Blitter upgrade for the older STs.

Small sample example…my dad really wanted the promised Blitter upgrade for my/our 1040STf after the Mega STs finally made it Stateside and he got to play with them in the stores.

Edited by Lynxpro

Such a shame I don't have my start of Salamander(Konami) level 1 parallax I wrote in STOS (hey I was young and full of blind optimism!) to try with blitter enhanced STOS! I wonder if there is any way to replace a file in PD games written with STOS to make those run better too.

STOS games can be patched to run on any TOS version now, Updater is on my site. As for improving games, if the source code is available then they can be updated. I have done a couple in the past. Mostly games were done with STOS alone, not using extensions for better speed in games. Or just badly coded :)

Probably shouldn't complain about the lack of games that support the Blitter on non-STEs considering most games programmed during the life of the STE failed to even support the Enhanced Joystick Ports. And yes, I'd like to be able to play more ST games with the ST Pad/JagPad, thank you very much! :)

• Like 1

Probably shouldn't complain about the lack of games that support the Blitter on non-STEs considering most games programmed during the life of the STE failed to even support the Enhanced Joystick Ports. And yes, I'd like to be able to play more ST games with the ST Pad/JagPad, thank you very much! :)

I hear you. Every time I do come across a game that supports the analogue ports I jump with joy!

It's then I remember I've a Mega STe and this doesn't have the ports... Doh! :dunce:

• Like 1

I hear you. Every time I do come across a game that supports the analogue ports I jump with joy!

It's then I remember I've a Mega STe and this doesn't have the ports... Doh! :dunce:

And it's a shame there's not a way to add the Enhanced Joystick Ports to the systems without them. Same with the DMA sound chip.

• Like 1