IGNORED

Ebay sellers!

Darrin9999

I wish that packing was the only thing I've been screwed about this month. Items not as pictured and not as described seems to be the new trend.

One listing was for 2600 paddle controllers that looked in mint condition in the photos. The ones that arrived were covered with paint spatter/spray paint.

Another listing was for a PSP-2000 Daxter Bundle NIB. It arrived with the retail box opened and crushed, even though the shipping box was uncrushed. Another seller than intentionally shipped something not as described.

It's a new scam every day...

It is truly amazing what some people think is ok. I purchased a CIB game from a member here with over 1000 posts. I usually send an Email asking to send thing I purchase on Ebay to be shipped in a box. I figured a member here would know to ship it that way. To my suprise I recieced a very nice CIB game in a flat rate Priority mail envelope with no padding! No bubble wrap, nothing just the game in the envelope. Luckily, the Post Office hadnt placed anything on top of it so it wasn't crushed, but I mean C'mon!

Haven't You guys heard? There is a cardboard shortage going on in some parts of the country. The seller probably had no alternative. :grin:

Now wait a second. If you go to your local Dollar Store when they restock, they throw out more cardboard boxes in a day than I go through in a year. If you want them just ask, I isn't that hard and they are usually nice about it as long as you are.

This is why I never buy anything that has a 'stock photo' in the listing. I bought a 'like new' copy of Resident Evil Code Veronica for my Dreamcast. What showed up was broken, stained and water damaged. The package was fine, so it had to have been packed like that. I contacted the seller and they gave me a load, refused to do anything, and threatened to report ME to Ebay. I gave them negative feedback, and a few days later, it was no longer on thier profile and they were back to a 100% rating. Somehow they got my feedback removed and I never knew it. Come on, Ebay!! Way to protect the customer.

I am now trying to buy a 5200 and I cannot get any seller to give me a clear answer as to the condition of the console and they almost all post blurry photos.

I would like to give up on Ebay, but they are now the only game in town for consoles and games - all the used game stores in my area are out of business and Goodwill/Salvation Army never has anything.

• Like 1

This is why I never buy anything that has a 'stock photo' in the listing.

That what's I do as well, and it used to be very effective. Now scam sellers are putting up "non-stock" photos of items in good condition, nothing similar to what arrives in the mail. eBay doesn't care in the slightest. I've returned things for a full refund only to see the exact same bogus listing from the same seller show back up as soon as "the issue has been resolved." I reported the problem, even read the eBay messages on the phone with eBay customer service, and again... eBay doesn't care in the slightest.

I would like to give up on Ebay, but they are now the only game in town for consoles and games - all the used game stores in my area are out of business and Goodwill/Salvation Army never has anything.

I used to have massively better luck buying used games off Amazon. Not so anymore. I got many "like new" used items that looked like they had been shat from an elephant, even several that were "fulfilled by Amazon." For a while my experiences with used games from Amazon got so bad that it made eBay sellers look reliable.

Edited by akator

Reading this makes even me a tad angry. It's tough to get photos up that I think really do describe the item's condition. For that reason, I'll either state clearly the item is for parts and therefore not under warranty, or I'll offer a 14 day return policy. If I goof on the listing, I'll offer to refund the return shipping as well.

That's how it should be done, but there are buyers who will take advantage of that when they decide they simply don't want an otherwise good item. Maybe things are beginning to swing back in favor of the seller instead of being so lopsided towards buyers for so long.

Showing a photo of a pristine, factory sealed box and shipping an opened, crushed box is dishonest. It doesn't matter if the product inside is new and unused, what was shipped wasn't what was shown in the photo.

People buy pristine factory sealed items for a reason. If that isn't what is being shipped, that shouldn't be what is shown in the eBay listing.

Showing a photo of a pristine, factory sealed box and shipping an opened, crushed box is dishonest. It doesn't matter if the product inside is new and unused, what was shipped wasn't what was shown in the photo.

People buy pristine factory sealed items for a reason. If that isn't what is being shipped, that shouldn't be what is shown in the eBay listing.

Absolutely. I want my buyers to see exactly what it is they're paying their hard earned money for. I don't know if they wanna just use the product or vacuum seal it in a glass case and admire the package. Best just to take photos of the actual item, post 'em, and sell it.

• Like 1

Best just to take photos of the actual item, post 'em, and sell it.

You would think that wouldn't be difficult with digital cameras everywhere :D

And then there's the new crop of scam sellers who blur every photo in the description to "hide" things. Yeah, right... not even one out of 12 photos isn't motion blurred? How convenient that those blurred photos don't show the actual condition of the item...

Of course eBay doesn't care. They just want $$$ and could care less how they get it.