IGNORED

What is 'TRON: Complete'?

bikeguychicago

That might have helped you understand Legacy a bit more. :)

Yeah, what's with all these first-time TRON viewers watching Legacy first?!

Seriously, though, it's great to see new people being introduced to TRON. I thought Legacy was a decent follow-up, especially considering how much work they had to do in reviving a twenty-year-old story and developing it into a franchise, but the original 1982 movie is still my favorite. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye (and more than I fully appreciated when I was younger, although I loved it then, too); it's very spiritual in its own odd way. Here's a good two-part interview with writer/director Steven Lisberger, which goes into more detail about it than most other print interviews I've seen:

Part One

Part Two

When I saw Tron as a kid, a lot of it went over my head, but I still really liked it.

Years later, watching it again, I was able to understand a lot more of the depth of the film, and could appreciate it that much more.

I thought Legacy was pretty cool, especially the CGI Jeff Bridges that made him look young again.

I've always been a Tron videogame fan, with the Arcade machine now firmly in my sights as a must buy for 2013.

Plus Daft Punk did an amazing job with the music.

Totally agree. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now, in fact. :)

(By the way, if any of you happen to own an Atari Jaguar with a JagCD, hook it up to some good speakers and a big TV, and give the Tron Legacy soundtrack a spin in the VLM with the lights turned out. Try it now and thank me later.)

• Like 1

Tron legacy was awesome to me! I wonder why it got so so reviews? Screw the critics!!

Hint Hint

Tron legacy was awesome to me! I wonder why it got so so reviews? Screw the critics!!

Hint Hint

You got Daft Punk to do music for this project? AWESOME!!!

But seriously, folks, yeah, Legacy was pretty good. There were some minor inconsistencies though like the flow of time being much faster in the original and humans being able to effect the programs through mere touch rather than typing into their identity discs.

Totally agree. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now, in fact. :)

(By the way, if any of you happen to own an Atari Jaguar with a JagCD, hook it up to some good speakers and a big TV, and give the Tron Legacy soundtrack a spin in the VLM with the lights turned out. Try it now and thank me later.)

Thanks for the idea. Have to try that. :)

Seriously, am I the only one here that doesnt have a Tron arcade machine??!!!!!

:-)

Well me, but I have the TRON arcade on my Gameboy Advance. ;)

It is 24k gold plated tron cart, cost is 2,000. No backing out now. Sorry.

Huh? $2000? I'll take it!

(Hmmm let's see... $1583.55 per ounce, and how many ounces that plating comes to? Yeh I'll make my money back...)

Considering the number of Tron games released for the Intellivision, it's a bit odd that no one attempted an arcade port. How many people would be interested in finally seeing one for the Intellivision?

EVERYONE! And I'd be first in line! :)

Considering the number of Tron games released for the Intellivision, it's a bit odd that no one attempted an arcade port. How many people would be interested in finally seeing one for the Intellivision?

If you are up to the challenge of trying this, I think this could be a huge seller.

I don't see how it would be possible however, as the need to incorporate the joystick and the spinner simultaneously (while shooting) would be beyond the capabilities of the Intellivision wouldn't it?