IGNORED

What is 'TRON: Complete'?

bikeguychicago

Considering the number of Tron games released for the Intellivision, it's a bit odd that no one attempted an arcade port. How many people would be interested in finally seeing one for the Intellivision?

The arcade kinda sucked. Except the light cycles. I've been wanting to play the light cycles since I saw the movie as a kid. But not just stupid 8-bit cycles--the actual scene from the game. The closest I ever got was in the Tron 2.0 game released several years ago--it was just like in the movie!

On the Intellivision, though, it'll just be Snafu. :lol:

-dZ.

The arcade kinda sucked. Except the light cycles. I've been wanting to play the light cycles since I saw the movie as a kid. But not just stupid 8-bit cycles--the actual scene from the game. The closest I ever got was in the Tron 2.0 game released several years ago--it was just like in the movie!

-dZ.

Yes, Snafu on steroids is what we need. :x :woozy: :o

-dZ.

I have to disagree ... I really enjoyed the arcade Tron and have very fond memories of the game. Naturally, the light cycles were the coolest part (what 12 year old boy didn't want a light cycle?) but the other games good as well. The multiplying spiders always freaked me out (in a good way) and trying to blow through the block force field was always fun. What was the other ... tanks, right ... ok, only so-so there, but not bad at all.

And the music, once again, always creeped me out as well.

The main problem with a port, as mentioned in a previous post, was the knob that was necessary for the games and how you could recreate that feeling on the intellivision other than some genius designing a special joystick attachment (which, by the way, would be the coolest thing EVER if possible).

And don't be hating on Snafu ... great game to play with the kids! :)

I have to disagree ... I really enjoyed the arcade Tron and have very fond memories of the game. Naturally, the light cycles were the coolest part (what 12 year old boy didn't want a light cycle?) but the other games good as well. The multiplying spiders always freaked me out (in a good way) and trying to blow through the block force field was always fun. What was the other ... tanks, right ... ok, only so-so there, but not bad at all.

And the music, once again, always creeped me out as well.

The main problem with a port, as mentioned in a previous post, was the knob that was necessary for the games and how you could recreate that feeling on the intellivision other than some genius designing a special joystick attachment (which, by the way, would be the coolest thing EVER if possible).

And don't be hating on Snafu ... great game to play with the kids! :)

To each his own, I guess. I found that spinning knob a bit frustrating to control, and it made breaking the force field around the MCP was more challenging than regular Breakout because the circular arm movements were just horrendous and weird.

Oh, and I didn't mean any disrespect for Snafu. I just meant that making "light cycles" on the Intellivision would not necessarily be any better than that--except by adding the "instant coolness" of the TRON world. :)

dZ.

Hey, cmart could make a weekend trip out of getting this tron arcade back to canada?

Are you allowed to buy stuff like this and bring it across the border? Or do you have to pay a tax?

I'm sure he will find one of the old prohibition paths to smuggle it over the border... :cool:

I'd love to have one of these, Tron is one of my all time favourite arcade games. Sacramento would be a hell of a drive, as for the border they just might make me pay duty and/or tax. I'd prefer to pay for a working one locally me thinks.

I'd love to have one of these, Tron is one of my all time favourite arcade games. Sacramento would be a hell of a drive, as for the border they just might make me pay duty and/or tax. I'd prefer to pay for a working one locally me thinks.

Well it you drive out to get this stop by and say hi, I live in sacramento. Since you're gonna have a truck you might as well stop by next Saturday and help me move into my new house:)

Well it you drive out to get this stop by and say hi, I live in sacramento. Since you're gonna have a truck you might as well stop by next Saturday and help me move into my new house:)

Lol! Well that would be one of my problems actually, as I don't have a truck! :)

Hi all. I am definitely interested in this rom. TRON is the best movie ever made and would love to see a better version released for the intellivision system.

I don't think Rev can make a better version of the movie for the Intellivision... :ponder:

Hi all. I am definitely interested in this rom. TRON is the best movie ever made and would love to see a better version released for the intellivision system.

"Just look at those graffix!"

Google: Intellivision Tron and you will see the level of graffix Tron has! Waaaayy better than Ps3/360 and that underpowered WiiU. Actually, Intellivision may have better graffix than the ps4! Why does Sony even bother!