IGNORED

bB DPC+ Food Fight example

iesposta

Here is a mock up example using batari Basic 1.1d.

Titlescreen was made with Titlescreen Editor DPC+

The inline assembly was from the example "Move Sprite on a Slope"

It uses single line playfield resolution.

Unzip the file to your projects directory.

Ask if you have any questions.

Food Fight.zip

post-29575-0-48473000-1362093426_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a mock up example using batari Basic 1.1d.

Titlescreen was made with Titlescreen Editor DPC+

The inline assembly was from the example "Move Sprite on a Slope"

It uses single line playfield resolution.

Unzip the file to your projects directory.

Ask if you have any questions.

Food Fight.zip

post-29575-0-48473000-1362093426_thumb.jpg

Wow, great job. You beat me to it, I was just getting ready to post a DPC+ sample game tonight. It's really my first day trying it out and I've learned a lot by looking at Byte Knight's EMR II code, I look forward to looking at yours. I'd love to start a thread dedicated to DPC+ code samples and tips.

Steve

• Like 1

Please do, Steve! I'd love a repository to help understand how DPC+ really works.

I've been too afraid to really bite into DPC+ yet, but if I come up with any examples or anything, I'll post them.

Thanks to iesposta for the demo! I'll definitely be checking it out!

Has anyone played around with flicker management yet? I was thinking of alternating player0 and virtual player1 every other frame in two player games. I think that would keep both official player sprites relatively flicker free.Of course, there's always smart management where your game engine automatically tries to allocate player0 when two sprites have the same horizontal space..

As long as the virtual sprites are seven lines apart vertically, there is no flicker. When 2 or more align horizontally intelligent flicker kicks in.

Edit: Of course a virtual sprite can be doubled or tripled horizontally without flickering with NUSIZE.

Edit2: Player0 never flickers. (Unless of course you program it to I guess.)

Player0 and Player1 won't flicker.

Only player1 thru player9 if defined will flicker only when horizontal from each other.

Please do, Steve! I'd love a repository to help understand how DPC+ really works.

I've been too afraid to really bite into DPC+ yet, but if I come up with any examples or anything, I'll post them.

Thanks to iesposta for the demo! I'll definitely be checking it out!

I'm nowhere near the most knowledgable person on this forum about DPC, but I'm trying to learn. I'll eventually post info with code samples along with random items I've figured out once I've had more time to play around with it. This post from iesposta is fantastic, I'm looking forward to diving in to his code.

I just started looking at your code, so I'll probably have more questions after this. My first one is this...

DF4FRACINC = 255 ; playfield color change every Nth scanline
DF6FRACINC = 255 ;Controls background color changes

Could you explain what that does? I recognized my bullet firing code in there, good to see it helped someone. ;)

Sure.

DF4FRACINC = 255 changes the asymetrical playfield color.

You would think you could set a color for each scan one, but the playfield blocks only change every other line, so you only need half the data

DF6FRACINC = 0

bkcolors:

$45

end

Will make the background all red.

DF6FRACINC = 255

Will let you pick a color for each scan line. Around 176.

In Food Fight example there's a $92 blue line at the top and one above the score.

The other color changes are covered up by an all black playfield, with the yellow pits peeking through and a bit of background red behind the watermelons - I was testing an idea at the watermelons.

There was a table that showed what combos work best. 255 wasn't supposed to work at all, but it does <evil grin>

Sure.

DF4FRACINC = 255 changes the asymetrical playfield color.

You would think you could set a color for each scan one, but the playfield blocks only change every other line, so you only need half the data

DF6FRACINC = 0

bkcolors:

$45

end

Will make the background all red.

DF6FRACINC = 255

Will let you pick a color for each scan line. Around 176.

In Food Fight example there's a $92 blue line at the top and one above the score.

The other color changes are covered up by an all black playfield, with the yellow pits peeking through and a bit of background red behind the watermelons - I was testing an idea at the watermelons.

There was a table that showed what combos work best. 255 wasn't supposed to work at all, but it does <evil grin>

Cool! Thanks for the detailed explanation.