IGNORED

Midnight Mutants - Color Me Impressed

Trebor

• 2 weeks later...

I picked it up in a lot of 6 7800 games for $10 from a guy on Craigslist a couple years back...I've been procrastinating spending some time on it since lol..One day I'm going to print out the map & really try to beat it...Good to know it pays off to keep checking Grandpa's advice to get you through it, I wasn't too sure how crucial to the gameplay it might be

Truly is an impressive game for the 7800 & another that gets me in the depressed "what could have been" train of thought

Me & my sister still had our system at the time this came out & we were comletely oblivious to it's existence. We loved the Munsters re-runs on Nickelodeon & for sure would have been a game we wanted. A strange thing is I can remember having a dream when I was a little kid that there was a Munsters 2600 game & always thought it would be cool, but highly unlikely to have a game based on it..lol.I know it doesn't really have much to do with the Munsters besides Grampa being it but still...

• Like 1

I grew up seeing it in the Sears Catalog, but the screenshot they used didn't do the game any favors in my opinion. I never thought the game looked interesting because it just showed a single player sprite and the skull boss on an all black background. To me it looked like a space shooter from that screenshot and I just wasn't interested. I finally bought the game in the mid 90s (1995, I think), and was totally blown away. If I'd seen a screenshot of any other part of the game, with all its scenery, I would have been drooling over it as a kid. It's definitely one of the most impressive games for the 7800, IMO.

• Like 2

I've always wanted to try this one, but I can't ever seem to find it for a decent price.

If you just want to try it, then play the ROM. That way you can decide if it's worth shelling out the money for the game.

I'm not the biggest 7800 fan, I admit, but the game is very impressive. Feels very close to a NES game. More games like this and the system would have done better.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted to try this one, but I can't ever seem to find it for a decent price.

This is another one of the later 7800 games that I picked up on eBay at a fair price. Mine was just the loose cart, but it's the game and I can play it on my 7800 and I can get the manual PDF from Digital Press. Good enough for me. I find it to be one of those games that, if you're patient, you can find a good deal on eBay. Every so often, a seller just doesn't know what they're "worth," I guess. But take SoulBlazer's advice first; I think you'll be impressed.

• 1 month later...

This is another one of the later 7800 games that I picked up on eBay at a fair price. Mine was just the loose cart, but it's the game and I can play it on my 7800 and I can get the manual PDF from Digital Press. Good enough for me. I find it to be one of those games that, if you're patient, you can find a good deal on eBay. Every so often, a seller just doesn't know what they're "worth," I guess. But take SoulBlazer's advice first; I think you'll be impressed.

Well, I tried it and I ended up getting it. I never really played many of the old isometric view games and I'm finding it very enjoyable! Definitely a one-of-a-kind for the 7800.

• Like 3