IGNORED

Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast

Hi folks, I have started a podcast where I will go through each 2600 game and give the history and description of the game, as well as my memories and memories and stories from listeners. I previously announced it in the 2 Worthy Video Game Podcasts thread, but I would like to try and get more listeners. I have 2 episodes so far and I'm very excited to keep going. You can search for it on iTunes, or you can listen through the RSS feed, which is http://2600gamebygamepodcast.libsyn.com/rss I also have a blog at 2600gamebygamepocast.blogspot.com, where you can find links to the episodes as well as my Facebook and Twitter pages. Thank you!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy by the great response I'm getting for this. Doing the research is taking a bit longer than I thought it would, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it. I did my first two Imagic games this week, which you can listen to here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Episode_7_-_Trick_Shot__Demon_Attack.mp3

Thank you everyone for listening!

Edited by ferghead

Episode 8 is now up, it features the Parker Brothers games Jedi Arena and The Empire Strikes Back. I also got my first mp3 submission from Flack, who is a big Star Wars fan. You can find the episode here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Episode_8_-_Jedi_Arena__The_Empire_Strikes_Back.mp3

You can also listen on Stitcher: http://app.stitcher..../33663/episodes

Next week will be Defender and Warlords, so if you have any stories you'd like me to read on the show, or if you have a microphone and want to read them yourself, send it to 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. I don't get a lot of feedback yet, so right now everything goes into the show, if you like that sort of thing. Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

Interesting & informative show on the Parker Bros games! I ddint know any of that stuff in the 1st 10 minutes. You're doing better than certain "big name" 'casts that take a half hr to get to anything interesting or even game-related (*cough AGG cough*) Keep up the great work ferg!

BTW I'm considering getting my 5 yr old boys interested in my 2600 games, going thru them all alphabetically. They also love Star Wars, do you think a 5 yr old can control/enjoy that Jedi Arena game? I dont have it. They already kick butt in PS2 LEGO games.

Edited by RJ

Thank you guys for the kind words! RJ, I had a bit of a learning curve with Jedi Arena, but I was an adult when I first played it, so that might have something to do with it. But if they're already playing the Lego games, it may not be a problem. That's cool that you want to do that, please let us know how it goes. My niece was really into animated movies when she was small, and we are huge Beatles fans and showed her Yellow Submarine, which maybe lasted about 10 minutes. You never know how they'll take to it. My nephew is 7 and he loves Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Bitrip Runner (as does my niece). Good luck!

Rough draft of my Video Checkers story complete, you'll get the final copy soon.

Does it bother you I tell you evey time, or does it help you plan your show? I guess I can PM you & not clutter up the thread

No, please clutter up the thread, it goes to the top and more people can see it. By the way, I hope you mean Activision's Checkers. Video Checkers won't show up until Year 2.

• Like 1

Checkers & Fishing Derby- sounds like a day at the old folks' home. All they need is the XONOX double-ender "Video Bingo/Cribbage" & Carol Shaw's playable but unreleased Knitting*** for a full schedule.

***Due to the 2600's memory limitations, you can only make half an in-game sweater.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say I'm enjoying the podcast. It's making me wish I could get myself organized to start one on Atari.

You should. The world is yours. Just don't talk about YouTube & kickstarters & such. Please. :)

You know a good guideline for a retro podcast? Pretend it's 20-30 yrs ago.

You wont talk about all the current crap- Youtube, DLC, FPS, iOS, etc etc etc because it HASN'T HAPPENED YET.

The only mention of anything to do with the interwebz is how to find/get your show at the end of it.

• Like 1

You know a good guideline for a retro podcast? Pretend it's 20-30 yrs ago.

The Retro League did this to an extent on April Fool's, pretending it was an episode from 1995, which I liked. One could take the illusion further with period-specific anecdotes like complaining about the price of an Adam's Family pinball machine being $1700 for only being 3 years old(the price is around 4-6K for AF now).

• Like 1