IGNORED

Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast

Yes IIRC that one fooled me in that I thought it was an old ep, but I quickly realized it was a gag. Although they pulled it off, I didnt mean to do a podcast like that every time.

Ferg's & the Retroist podcasts are good examples of my meaning- they rarely (if ever) mention how things are today, you cant really tell WHEN it is, because they dont say so.

Just pretend you're talking into your dad's old rectangular tape recorder, & tell us about the Atari games you played this weekend. We dont need to know about the stupid goddamn Steam sale, or the latest iOS retro games they ruined using touch controls.

I can't get Steam on my Mac so you don't have to worry about hearing that from me. :)

I wondered if I should talk about what is going on in my life now, a lot of other podcasters do that. Which I personally don't mind, but what I'm doing in any particular week has no bearing on the Atari 2600, so I don't do it. You can friend me on Facebook if you want to know about that stuff. Podcasting is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, so give it a try!

Hi folks, I have started a podcast where I will go through each 2600 game and give the history and description of the game, as well as my memories and memories and stories from listeners. I previously announced it in the 2 Worthy Video Game Podcasts thread, but I would like to try and get more listeners. I have 2 episodes so far and I'm very excited to keep going. You can search for it on iTunes, or you can listen through the RSS feed, which is http://2600gamebygam....libsyn.com/rss I also have a blog at 2600gamebygamepocast.blogspot.com, where you can find links to the episodes as well as my Facebook and Twitter pages. Thank you!

Hey there, Ferg. I just wanted to say that I heard your Defender episode and really like that you give backgrounds of not only the games but the programmers too. For the few listeners we have, I'll be sure to give your show a plug on episode 8.

Edited by Rob2586

Thank you Rob! I am one of your listeners, I just listened to the latest episode yesterday. I'm not a Turtle fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoyed your podcasts about them. I like when the hosts have a good rapport with each other, and you guys definitely have that. I really liked your song a few episodes back, you sing well and I think you really put yourself out there with that. Plus you have a good attitude about your giggling. :) Thank you again for the kind words and I look forward to more Retro Junkies episodes, and I'll give you guys a plug too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adventure story in the works, methinks this will be the LONGEST EPISODE YET

Thanks for the story Smirky! :) It was almost the longest episode, but the longer one was two games, so I don't know how to count that.

The episode in question is about Adventure, and you can hear it here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Episode_15_-_Adventure_by_Atari.mp3

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing! I'm having a great time doing this and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

• Like 2

In my story when I wrote "Greg was rich too" I meant it like "I also learned Greg was rich". It kinda came out sounding like "Greg was rich too like me". I didnt grow up rich, far from it. I was youngest of 6 kids & we barely had anything...well, we had Atari.

Sorry about that RJ.

No problem whatsoever Ferg. :)

My family was a product of Catholicism & my father's farm upbringing (farm families often had lots of kids, in order to help w/ the chores as they grew up).

Will Mrs Ferguson the Librarian be helping out on future episodes?

Please?

Yes she will! :)

The new episode featuring Steeplechase and Demons To Diamonds can be found here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Episode_16_-_Steeplechase__Demons_to_Diamonds.mp3

I will be on vacation this week, so the next episode, featuring Star Strike and The Adventures of Tron by M-Network, will come out on June 23rd. Thank you all for listening!

• 2 weeks later...

I have added Atari to the name of the show where I could, I hope it doesn't cause any confusion. If you listen on iTunes it's now towards the top instead of the bottom. I don't know why iTunes puts numbers at the end of the alphabet instead of the beginning like everyone else does.

This week's episode is about the M Network games Star Strike and Adventures of Tron, I hope you enjoy it.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Episode_17_-_Star_Strike__Adventures_of_Tron.mp3

• Like 1

All Gen Gamers –...They are all avid “Youtubers”, but in a grand gesture of mercy, they don’t spend half their show rambling on about the Youtuber “scene”, which is by far the most excruciatingly tiresome thing I can imagine sitting through.

Not HALF their show, but one episode awhile back they spent 1/4 the show doing that. & to listeners uninterested in Youtube (something they likely can't comprehend- yeah guys, there ARE people who don't give 2 sh-ts about Youtube & don't sit around watching it all day!) it IS excruciatingly tiresome.

They don't make any indication as to whether they've seen our podcast discussion topic here, where I called them out on it, but thankfully they haven't done it since.

& hey, your listening tastes & opinions are very similar to mine- but I dont like the swearcasts.

BTW- your post(s) discussing various podcasts may be more at home in the big 37 page "2 Worthy Video Game Podcasts" topic.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Not HALF their show, but one episode awhile back they spent 1/4 the show doing that. & to listeners uninterested in Youtube (something they likely can't comprehend- yeah guys, there ARE people who don't give 2 sh-ts about Youtube & don't sit around watching it all day!) it IS excruciatingly tiresome.

They don't make any indication as to whether they've seen our podcast discussion topic here, where I called them out on it, but thankfully they haven't done it since.

& hey, your listening tastes & opinions are very similar to mine- but I dont like the swearcasts.

BTW- your post(s) discussing various podcasts may be more at home in the big 37 page "2 Worthy Video Game Podcasts" topic.

Crap--I thought that is where I posted this message, not sure how that happened. I'm going to move it, thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...