IGNORED

Incognito post-install problem

adam242

Still no luck on the ATR files. I've tried every XL/XE configuration I can think of and nothing works. I can't believe all the ATR files I've tried so far are bad either, actually it doesn't look like the Incognito is even loading the game. Any idea what could be wrong?

Let's be clear about our terms here: Sebastian asks do you have SIDE hardware turned on in the BIOS. The XEX loader will load XEX files just fine even if this is turned off (I think). ATR files are a different matter, since the loader has to hand them over to the PBI (i.e. the SIDE Hardware).

ok..

do you have APT partitions set up?

if so, can you boot into SDX and have directory of your hard drive partitions listed?

I have no APT partitions. The card is just a big FAT32 partition with some files dumped on it. I wanted to get this working before I messed with more complex things.

Let's be clear about our terms here: Sebastian asks do you have SIDE hardware turned on in the BIOS. The XEX loader will load XEX files just fine even if this is turned off (I think). ATR files are a different matter, since the loader has to hand them over to the PBI (i.e. the SIDE Hardware).

Yes I do. I double checked that last night. I have the XL/XE set to stock everything just in case it was a memory expansion that was causing the issue. Could the PBI Identifier number be the issue? It's set to 1 now, but I think I tried others and there was no change.

Another question, this time it's not SIDE or Incognito related but I noticed it last night when I was fiddling with my multicart. When you run Hard Hat Mack on an 800, what colors do you see? Are they purple and green or do they look like this? http://www.atarimani...2393.html Mine is a nasty purple/green combo. Since the game came out in 83 you'd think that the 800's artifacting would be the correct one, but it looks terrible compared to that screen shot (what system did they use?). The artifacting also looks sort of 'grainy', with very visible gaps in the pixels, I wonder if this is because I'm using the separate Chroma and Luma on the back of my 1702 monitor vs the composite jack.

The artifacting also looks sort of 'grainy', with very visible gaps in the pixels, I wonder if this is because I'm using the separate Chroma and Luma on the back of my 1702 monitor vs the composite jack.

Yes. Using separate chroma and luma greatly diminishes or eliminates the artifact color effect. Great for hi-res games, 80 collumn text, or FJC's GUI... Not so good for games like Hard Hat Mack or Drol.

Yes. Using separate chroma and luma greatly diminishes or eliminates the artifact color effect. Great for hi-res games, 80 collumn text, or FJC's GUI... Not so good for games like Hard Hat Mack or Drol.

Well if I ever figure out what the heck is wrong with my composite I'll probably use that.

I was playing around with SIDE this morning and still no luck. I copied over an entire directory worth of ATR files and none of them work (xex files work just fine). When I select an ATR it looks like the system resets and goes to whatever OS I have enables (Basic or SDX). I'm selecting the ATR file, and hitting ENTER. I've tried setting it to D1 with the space bar just in case, but it doesn't change anything.

This is the setup I'm going with:

Hardware: XL/XE

Extended Memory: Stock config

System: Stock config

SpartaDos X: Disabled

SIDE hardware: Enabled

SIDE PBI ID: 1

Joystick 3&4 Enabled (I tried disbaled just in case, no luck)

BTW how does one turn BASIC on in SIDE? It says it's off.

Using the partition tool I was able to get ATR files to work (no idea why they won't working before). However I've noticed that some games don't want to 'flip' with the new button. For example I tried Ballyhoo and it didn't flip sides when I pressed the button. You can tell because you get an Internal Error, I verified this using SIO2PC and trying the same thing. However when I tried Plundered Hearts it did flip correctly. Any idea why this might be?

i got idea

Jon forget to mention

the version of PBI driver assumed there is APT partition and FAT32, if only one was present, ATR support woulnd't work at all

That would be the problem. I only had the FAT32 partition originally.

Now if I could figure out the 'flippy' issue.

While trying to update to SDX 4.46 I've just realized that I can´t boot ATRs too. In no configuration. And I can´t update to SDX 4.46, always get an error when 4*64k shall be deleted.

post-21666-0-07198100-1362961048_thumb.jpg

Edited by skr

Those having issues with ATR booting: please try using the attached program so I can verify that the PBI driver works.

I´ll take back everything and announce the opposite: After updating to APT and reinstalling the card, it works like a charm. It was my fault that I was thinking I´ve already had updated this. Slowly there are too many devices and cards... ;)

Are you using the U1MB Flasher on Incognito?

No. But as there is no SDX especially for Incognito I just have that voice in mind saying "Incognito technically is like Ultimate, use that one", but I can´t find the corresponding thread. All other devices I have now run SDX 4.46, but I can´t manage to update the incognito yet.