IGNORED

Box Template Phase 1.0

OK folks, here is my first contribution to the Intellivsion Brotherhood:

I drew up a CAD template, using the dimensions off of the old 4-Tris box artwork. This is a blank template, except for my fame whore ID at the bottom. The attached PDF will print to scale on a standard 8.5"x11" sized doc. This is "half" of the box, which you can make two of and glue together - or use it to trace one big cohesive pattern.

Have fun, and please don't disrespect the wishes of the HomeBrew programers/publishers! ;-)

INTVbox Model (1).pdf

• Like 2

i cant see it at the moment bc the computer i am on now does support pdf. But I like seeing people contribute to the INTV community. :)

Hah, no PDF support? What are you doing, working off a ancient UNIX mainframe? :P

For anyone here not familiar with PDFs, you can get a free viewer: adobe.com

Everything is restricted on these machines. I dont know why they dont let us use PDF.

That happens. My wife works in the financial industry. After the scandalous stock market crash, the PCs are locked down airtight, she can't load even simple viewers or anyhting on her machine. And all kinds of random websites are blocked by her IT too, and come up with warning messages, that often don't have anything to do the the site content.

You're welcome!

In the near future I will be adding some more templates:

Phase 2: Make a 1-piece simple whole box pattern, that will hopefully fit on a standard 11"x17" size print media.

Phase 3: Make a Gatefold type pattern, which will need to be broken up into multiple sheets.

I have some other ideas too, but this is enough challenge for the near future.

BTW: Everyone please feel free to give me any feedback on the patterns. Whether it be dimensional issues, or cut/fold lines in the wrong place.

And for tomorrow: I already finished the CAD the Phase 3.0 "Gatefold" pattern, with cart holder and booklet pocket. I just need to break it up into smaller segments, so that people can print it on standard paper sizes.

And for all you DIY'ers, here is the Gatefold broken up into segments for printing on standard Letter Stock (8.5"x11"). This method can get a little messy, between the glue and trying to line everything up right, but it should work OK.

Gatefold-A.pdf

Gatefold-B.pdf

Gatefold-C.pdf

Gatefold-D.pdf

Thank you for the compliments.

One thing I thought about, for the 4 piece gate fold: When I have the time, I will edit pieces "A" & "B" to swap the glue flap off the booklet page, and add it to the front cover page. By having three glue flaps on the front cover, it should make the three edges more rigid. It is a simple enough change, and I think most people can wing it with no problem with the current revision.

For Phase IV, I will try to make some sort of editable graphic art file. I have a few software packages at home, but it is more my wife's thing - so that project it going to take a while (there will be a lot of swearing at the PC!).

Here is the 4-page gatefold "A" & "B" revision. I think this will give a better result. The only thing people need to remember on page "A", is to fold over glue the top and bottom flaps onto itself, before gluing the new side flap onto page "B".

Gatefold-A-Rev2.pdf

Gatefold-B-Rev2.pdf

• Like 1

I was snowed in today, and the kids hijacked my HT to watch "pitch perfect", so I finally taught myself how to use photoshop. I took a Frogger dupe box, and spraypainted it black. Then I used Elmer's Spray Glue, to put on the printouts. And no, I will not be making any more boxes or posting the the graphics files - the screen captures are not my intellectual property. Don't try to pull graphics off my photos, or I will have my coven hunt you down and eat your soul.

post-34831-0-30943000-1362793346_thumb.jpg

post-34831-0-16071800-1362793354_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I was snowed in today, and the kids hijacked my HT to watch "pitch perfect", so I finally taught myself how to use photoshop. I took a Frogger dupe box, and spraypainted it black. Then I used Elmer's Spray Glue, to put on the printouts. And no, I will not be making any more boxes or posting the the graphics files - the screen captures are not my intellectual property. Don't try to pull graphics off my photos, or I will have my coven hunt you down and eat your soul.

Boxviews.jpg

Fontstuff.jpg

Hey wait. When did rocketeer get released??????

• 3 years later...