IGNORED

Falcon crown of creation imaging?

Hello to all!

After recently having made searches on this baby and having seen that no correct dump exist for it, I was wondering if a charitable person might have a kryoflux drive so we could try to properly image crown of creation for falcon? I've also got someone working on manual and package scans.

This could help the title being preserved and runnable under emulators like hatari.

any thoughts anyone?

Best regards.

mikael.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a KryoFlux. So if someone is willing to trust its original working disks to me, I will try to create a Kryoflux stream file of it to be sent to SPS. Then they hopefully make an IPS file of it which can be written back to floppy.

Of course I will send the disks back to the owner after imaging. I'm located in The Netherlands.

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Long time no post regarding this topic.

I am one of the persons from Germany who own an original set of CoC3D disks. Starlord and me have been in contact a while ago (as far as I remember in early 2014). I even know 'the other person from Germany', as I sold this guy my first Falcon 13 years ago and another original copy of CoC3D was part of the deal.

I've been ill most of 2014 and had to reorganize my life, therefore I just did not have the time and energy and was forced to fade most of my interests into the background. But now I am back and have good news. As I am into disk imaging and own dedicated hardware, CoC3D already was on my 'to-do-list' for a while.

Progress report:

- A few days ago I managed to read image files from the original disks. No errors.

- Wrote the images to a set of fresh 1.44 MB disks.

- Made a fresh installation of CoC3D on my Falcon, using the cloned disks => successfull

- Played CoC3D to mission 8. That's the point, besides the annoying password requests during the game, as disk 3 of the original set of disks is requested to continue. The programm accepted the disk I wrote from the image as an original.

Besides I am trying to contact one of the developers. If a wrong password is entered two times in a row, a screen shows up with contact info how to order the game. The phone number is still the same ... I talked to his mother and she promised me to pass on my phone-number to her son. Even if the game is what many people may call 'Abandonware', it is still the intellectual property of the creators. Therefore I want to talk to him first.

I'll keep You informed.

pastglory

Edit ... a 'let's play CoC3D video' I recorded a while ago: https://youtu.be/wAvnh6nhElk

Edited by MrPastGlory
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Great infos!

btw I wonder who was Rebelsoft? Acording to Atari mania they made only Crown Of Creation but I also found that Scy/tSCc was involved in programming of CoC3D.

Are Rebelsoft peoples were involved in some other Atari games (or later in some non-atari games)?

Edited by calimero