IGNORED

Apple ][ Programming sub-forum Request For Comment

• 4 weeks later...

http://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppleII&c=projects/CFforAppleII/main.php

New CFFA 3000 cards to be made. If you don't have one of these, and you have an Apple 2, e, gs, you are missing out! Like a lot of users, I made disks with ADT, and still do for some tasks, and that's actually pretty great. Assuming you have a reasonable supply of working floppy disks. I worry about that.

Since I've installed this device, my Apple experience is excellent! What I chose to do was add a USB extension cable to the card, bringing the port out to the front near the keyboard, or just placed off to the side. From there, I use the USB flash drives to run the machine. Right now, I've got two or three setup, one for gaming, one for projects and one for applications, testing, etc...

Truth is, you only need one, but I find it easier to just have a few.

If you want to move data between the Apple and a PC, CiderPress can operate on the disk images, adding and or extracting files as needed. This works well, and it means getting graphics and text into and out of the Apple, along with binary data isn't hard.

Recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

After several week of intense postings, the interest seems to have died down.

Each forum seems to attract certain "types" interested in certain things. Over on Applefritter the obsession is with period-correct hardware on Apple I and Apple II's, hardware repair, and buy/sell. For now anyways.

For programming and software activities? This would be the first of it's kind that I know of.

After several week of intense postings, the interest seems to have died down.

Personally, I have been Sick, and behind at work, and Side Tracked on a Relevant, but Time Occupying Tangent... ( Concept for Magazine-->OCR-->Program entry system )

Each forum seems to attract certain "types" interested in certain things. Over on Applefritter the obsession is with period-correct hardware on Apple I and Apple II's, hardware repair, and buy/sell. For now anyways.

My opinion too.. There is also comp.system.apple2, which seems to be announcements..

For programming and software activities? This would be the first of it's kind that I know of.

I am still looking for a Simple Text/Hex Editor.. I think I need to write one.....

Edited by MarkO

well theres comp.sys.apple2.programmer

as for editors, head to asimov, theres a 1000 of them, the handful of people here are not the first to ever program these things

I would like it small, like 2K - 4K, and loaded into the High Mem or the Memory Card or AUX Bank, like a DOS TSR...

All I have found so far are Disk Based Editors or CPS Copy ][.

Edited by MarkO