IGNORED

16mb ATR of Antic magazine disk

venom4728a

• 5 months later...

Whatever happened to this project? 16mb atr's of the magazines for us to see and read on a real Atari? And what of the Actual Antic Magazine Disks? Or the TYPE-INS? or the ANTIC Software disks? You know the ones They actually sold. Like ANTIC EDUCATION: Games, Math Drills etc?

Please don't get me wrong all the oh there are scans blah blah blah kind of defeats the purpose... the idea was to do it all on the Atari in some fashion, since the magazine was mostly text like all magazine are.... In fact between newsroom/printshop and other offerings even downconverted picture of a sort could have been had....

Such disappointment to see the project gone and the fine work thus far gone.... It was looking good then blam links gone and that was it...

Wouldn't this be a worthy candidate as a community project? It would be nice not to have to run to another computer but rather use our Atari to for all of it!

Edited by _The Doctor__

I think this would really be a cool thing to have as well. Although I have about a third of Antic and Analog in original hardcopy, and the rest as PDF's from Atarimania, I'd love to be able to read them on my Atari. Though I'd use an SDX 64/80 column text viewer or The Last Word Processor software 80 column to read them. Of course I have upgraded video so it is legible.

I've been enjoying the original Excel disk magazine series on the Atari lately, and, ironically, I know of someone who is converting all those articles from the ATR's to PC formats. The original plan was to re-publish the original Excel disk magazine articles sprinkled across upcoming issues of the new Excel magazine, which is now, shall we say, on hiatus.

Grumble...Started getting this at good speed and then the person shot off, then came back on for 3 secs and went again...grumble...

:)

Someone else came on and its going well now, 50mins till I seed...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Well,

I have downloaded some texts / descriptions of Antic listings (not all of them!) and put them on several 130k ATR images. They are still ASCII and may need to be converted into ATASCII (but then again, there are also ASCII text-readers for the A8). I don`t plan to put the texts on a 16MB ATR with all the Antic programs, instead I want to add them one by one to the corresponding disk-images with the program(s)...

Antic_texts.zip

• Like 1