IGNORED

Is the IDE PLUS 2.0 still available (not at Lotharek)

Marius

The black box firmware is less than 64k (the newest/enhanced version of it) and that includes config programs for serial, paralell interfaces, the actual serial handler (loads from rom instead of having to occupy system ram), print spooling, ultraspeed SIO handlers, hardisk config, partition manager, a pretty extensive sector editor/copier, graphic screen dump routines for several different graphics modes and several different printers, and floppy formatting/config programs for the floppyboard..

And most of this was already available in the BlackBox with just a 16K firmware.

Although people might respond with: 'well, if the blackbox is so good, why not using that device' ... but that's not what meant here. The BlackBox was, and is great indeed, but it is getting old, and too big. The firmware though, and the features... those are awesome. I think the way the BlackBox works, can act like a perfect model. At the moment I switch from IDE+ to BlackBox and back.

The Blackbox is (a lot) easier in use; I have to admit that. Swapping, (de)mounting and even creating partitions on the fly is very convenient and the already discussed hardware write protect key, and even the ability of swapping SIO drives and ofcourse the fabulous built-in 6502 ML monitor... are a few features that I use a lot, and which I would LOVE to see on the IDE+

But...

The IDE+ is fabulous small in size... it does not need an extra PSU.... it boots ATR and XEX files (very compatible), it has built in RTC, it's fast...

The IDE+ has the potential of being (when it comes to the storage part) the successor of the blackbox. And I am pretty sure it will be possible.

A nice update of the BIOS would be that 6502 ML feature (with the 'interrupt' key on the PCB ofcourse)

I think it should be possible anyway to add a switch to the atari itself, which will generate a Non Maskable Interrupt, so that the IDE+ Bios Menu can/will be activated. Best solution indeed would be a switch on the PCB itself. But... when atari is ignoring interrupts, this key will not work. On blackbox not all programs can be interrupted by the switch due to this.

Hi!

Yesterday I asked Lotharek if he still offers IDE PLUS 2.0 for sale, but he is only selling SIDE 2.

Although I still am thinking of purchasing SIDE 2 (I think this is a very cool device!) , I'm looking for a small and versatile harddisk interface, that works on stock atari and is extremely compatible (using a soft OS like in MyIDE is not extremely compatible) and I'm not seeking for a device here that can handle .XEX files.

I want to be able to create partitions, and use MyDOS and SpartaDos 3.3a (not SDX).

I think IDE PLUS 2.0 is a very good choice. I now have MyIDE, MyIDE 2 and Blackbox.

The interface should work as compatible as possible on stock, unmodified atari. BlackBox is winner at the moment in my setup, but that is a huge device (when it comes to dimensions). So I thought about IDE PLUS 2.0 ... so, is it still available? I would like to order a few...

Greetz

M.

I would Like to purchase a IDE Plus 2.0 Where can I get one and how much is it.

Thanks Steve

Where can I purchase a IDE Plus 2.0.

You're at the right place, but it's still in pre-order phase.

Nice to know you have a good opinion about my work. So let it be a pre-order. Prices will be probably the same as previously - US$75 board, US$6 (optional) ribbon cable and US$10 shipping cost.

At least 25 orders are necessary to start the prodution run.

Now that I see they are 75 us plus shipping cost. I will take 3 at 75 each. Just let me know where you want me to paypal. I would even be willing to do a deposit so you know I am serious!

Stephen J. Carden

I appreciate your interest.

Because of new features, cost increased in the meantime to US$79, as I wrote in post #195:

http://atariage.com/...75#entry2727201

I'll collect the payments after tests of prototypes. It will take about 3 weeks.

Edited by Simius