IGNORED

Is the IDE PLUS 2.0 still available (not at Lotharek)

Marius

How is this project going. Are you testing. Can you give us an approximant date you will be able to put these up for sale? We know the Boards are $79.00 US Dollars but what will the Ribbon cable cost? Please give us a break down so when you are ready for us to make our PayPal transfer to you. I think this will cut down on a lot of questions. I am very happy you are making these boards for us and I am not in a big hurry. I like everyone else just want a quility product, so take the time you need. Please just let us know how things are working out. Is their going to be a shipping and handling charge? I just want the big picture since I am wanting to get 3 of these devices from you.

Thanks in advance

Stephen J. Carden

How is this project going. Are you testing. Can you give us an approximant date you will be able to put these up for sale? We know the Boards are $79.00 US Dollars but what will the Ribbon cable cost? Please give us a break down so when you are ready for us to make our PayPal transfer to you. I think this will cut down on a lot of questions. I am very happy you are making these boards for us and I am not in a big hurry. I like everyone else just want a quility product, so take the time you need. Please just let us know how things are working out. Is their going to be a shipping and handling charge? I just want the big picture since I am wanting to get 3 of these devices from you.

Thanks in advance

Stephen J. Carden

The prices were stated earlier in the thread, $79 for the device, $6 for the XL ribbon cable, and $10 for shipping. The ribbon cable isn't a necessity for use with an XL, but the option is provided for those who don't like plugging it directly onto the PBI

Stephen,

Prototype PCB's were already shipped from the factory yesterday. I hope to get it on Tuesday. On Thursday, the first few pieces will be assembled. I'll place the photos on the forum. Test phase will be complete probably next week. If all OK, I'll collect the payment and place the order for production PCB's. In three weeks from this time I'll start sending ready devices. Tracking numbers will provide.

Shipping and handling cost is $10. Optional ribbon cable costs $6.

Stephen,

Prototype PCB's were already shipped from the factory yesterday. I hope to get it on Tuesday. On Thursday, the first few pieces will be assembled. I'll place the photos on the forum. Test phase will be complete probably next week. If all OK, I'll collect the payment and place the order for production PCB's. In three weeks from this time I'll start sending ready devices. Tracking numbers will provide.

Thanks for the info on the Breakdown of the IDE Plus device, Cable and Shipping and Handling. Is the $10 S&H per Unit or in My Case where I want 3 just one Shipping and Handling Charge? Will you provide me the info so I can PayPal you this comming Tuesday?

Thank You!

Stephen J. Carden

US$10 is for first unit (with or without ribbon cable). The second and subsequent: +US$5. If you want to use with 130XE only, you don't need a ribbon cable. Ribbon cable is for 600/800XL only.

Edited by Simius

Stephen,

That is Very good news! Thank You for doing this second run. I am looking forward to useing this pbi device and adding it to my Atari Collection. I am sure it will work flawless like the other Atari Equipment I have purchased from Poland. I have just one questions for you. My Question is am I going to have to pay for three shipping and handling charges or will their be a different charge since all three of my devices can be put into the same shipping box. $10.00 is not bad for Shipping and Handling for one device but $30.00 for all of them in the same box seams to be a little high. Are you going to have a different Shipping and Handling charge for thoes of us that have order more than one of the IDE Plus Devices? Like I have said before I want all three and I am willing to pay for them right now! I can see that three devices would cost more than $10 dollars but $30.00 seam a little high when all that is needed is the extra postage. Even if you want $30.00 for shipping and handling I will still want the devices because I gave you my word I wanted 3 of them and I want 3 devices really bad! SCSI Drives the size the Atari needs are getting hard to come by and when you find them they are really expensive.

if my addition is right.

3 IDE Plus $79.00 * 3 =$237.00

3 XL ribbon cables $6.00 * 3 =$ 18.00

Sub Total =$ 255.00

Shipping and Handling for 3 devices ???

Stephen J. Carden

Edited by Stephen J. Carden

That is Very good news! Thank You for doing this second run. I am looking forward to useing this pbi device and adding it to my Atari Collection. I am sure it will work flawless like the other Atari Equipment I have purchased from Poland. I have just one questions for you. My Question is am I going to have to pay for three shipping and handling charges or will their be a different charge since all three of my devices can be put into the same shipping box. $10.00 is not bad for Shipping and Handling for one device but $30.00 for all of them in the same box seams to be a little high. Are you going to have a different Shipping and Handling charge for thoes of us that have order more than one of the IDE Plus Devices? Like I have said before I want all three and I am willing to pay for them right now! I can see that three devices would cost more than $10 dollars but $30.00 seam a little high when all that is needed is the extra postage. Even if you want $30.00 for shipping and handling I will still want the devices because I gave you my word I wanted 3 of them and I want 3 devices really bad! SCSI Drives the size the Atari needs are getting hard to come by and when you find them they are really expensive.

if my addition is right.

3 IDE Plus $79.00 * 3 =$237.00

3 XL ribbon cables $6.00 * 3 =$ 18.00

Sub Total =$ 255.00

Shipping and Handling for 3 devices ???

Stephen J. Carden

Simius has already answered your question about shipping for multiple devices in post #235.

I think Steve has programmed a Cardenbot to feverishly post badgering questions over and over again until Simus' time is totally absorbed in answering Steve's questions and is no longer working on the IDE+2.0. Steve call off your bot! Simus has produced these before and has done so in a very timely fashion, from collecting payment, shipping, and everybody receiving their IDE+. It will not happen on your time schedule, but on Simus', so be patient, have your payment ready when asked for, and everything will be alright. Now take a deep breath and calm yourself. ;)

• Like 2

If Steve's reason to get these IDE+ boards is running out of scsi drives, why doesn't he go for acard scsi -> ide adapters?

They work perfect on mio and blackbox.

I have ordered 3 of the IDE 2.0 Plus because I do not have one in my collection. Also to backup a scsi drive takes hours and the system I use now I can backup my Multiplexer Master Compact Flash card in about 60 seconds. In The Past when I have ordered one of a device I end up needing more for one reason or another. Now I just buy at least 3. I am looking forward to using this new PBI device. And since none of the newer designed PBI devices have Printer or Serial Ports on them, I use my older MIO's and Black Boxs as slaves with serial ports. As for SCSI drives I have plenty of them. However I have far more compact flash memory cards and they are in most cases at least 10 times larger than my vintage SCSI drives. Now that I am retired I have the time and money to build projects that have been in box’s for in some cases years. And Yes I am looking forward to get my hands on the IDE 2.0 Plus PBI device. I am happy that Simus decided to do another run of IDE 2.0 Plus.

Stephen J. Carden

I understand but on my blackbox the main storage is on CF card which i also can backup in just a few mouse clicks.

Ide+ is fabulous indeed, but you explained your enthusiasm with the increasing prices and availability of scsi drives for your blackbox so I thought it would be helpful to point you also in the direction of scsi -> ide -> cf adapters

Hi Marius-

Just curious if you are aware of a SCSI - IDE adapter that is now available. ACARD no longer sells them (or did not have them listed the last time I checked). Used or NOS ACARDs were going for +$100!

-Larry

@larry

Wow... that is a lot of money. I have a rather interesting stock for personal use. I have both the SCSI -> IDE adapters with the SCSI 2 connector, and the ones with the 50 PINS scsi 1 connector. It was important to update the firmware of these interfaces to the latest firmware to be compatible with CF card readers. Works perfect now.

But hmmm.... I could make a fortune selling these right ;)

But I don't want to sell them... I'm too happy with them ;)

I also have a few SCSI flash-card readers. They work very good too.

I understand but on my blackbox the main storage is on CF card which i also can backup in just a few mouse clicks.

Ide+ is fabulous indeed, but you explained your enthusiasm with the increasing prices and availability of scsi drives for your blackbox so I thought it would be helpful to point you also in the direction of scsi -> ide -> cf adapters

I have a SCSI to IDE Bridge as well as 6 or more IDE to Compact Flash Devices. I also purchased a SCSI device that has ports for PCMCIA, SD Cards, Compact Flash, and ports for all the different types of memory. There is just a ton of really cool things that can be attached to the Atari in one way or another. Since 2000 there has been more things developed for the Atari 8-bit then during the years that Atari was making computers. All the devices that I have purchased have all worked. Some of the devices have not been the best of quality. Two of them I had to resolder. But then take a look at the AKI, SIO2IDE, SIO2SD, SIO2USB, AtariMax USB SIO2PC, AtariMax Serial SIO2PC, IDEa, SDrive, AtariMax 32in1 OS, 1 and 8 Meg programmable Carts, Ultimate 1 Meg and Side 2 Cart :) . I know I have not listed everything but you get the Idea. This is just a really good time for our Atari 8-bits. Now that Gal & Pal programmers and other really cool chips are in everyone’s price range I cannot wait to see what is coming next. The Internet has made all this possible. Back in the late 80's to 2000 it was not cost effective to produce a printed circuit board in lots less than 1000. Now there are board houses that will do any quantity you like has allowed good ideas from being bread boards article in a magazine.

I have a question for anyone who has info on the subject. Where can I get more AKI or similar keyboard interfaces. The thing that was poorly designed in the 65xe, 800xe, 130xe is the keyboard. I have more working computers then I have working keyboards.

http://www.realdos.net

Steve