IGNORED

Is the IDE PLUS 2.0 still available (not at Lotharek)

Marius

WHile you are at it, why dont you install a cigarette lighter and drink holder in the top of your disk drive..

It's retarded.,.

Covox is a poorly executed hack at best.. Its not some kind of advanced (or even desirable to most people) sound system.

And to force it on the user who is earnestly trying to purchase a decent MASS STORAGE INTERFACE is rediculous, and detracts from the credibility and professionality of the device..

Its VERY EASY to add a single channel covox to your atari if you want to experiment with one. Why trash out a good interface with it?

I hate SDX...

so for me a new IDE+ with built-in MyDOS 4.56789 with quite some bugfixes, 512byte and 1024 byte sectors, please ;-)

Put SDX on the cigarette lighter, the drink holder or the nuclear toaster (oops, that was the Lynx)... ;-)

And while you are at it, do not infect iranian nuclear power stations with worms, virusses or trojans, use SDX instead... ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

@larry

Yes I did. but the point is that I use in my daytime atari life several partitions that I want to boot from. Then It is spartados 3.3a, then it is MyDOS, then it is a XDOS partition and so one. This changes several times an hour. I do NOT want to jump into FDISK all the time, and believe me... the Boot feature in the START+RESET menu could be done better. When the boot function in this menu would simply swap the desired boot partition with D1: it would make a lot more sense.

My D7: for instance is a MyPICO DOS partition with some tools (fdisk is on it too). But when I set in the boot menu that D7: has to boot, this works.. but as soon as it has booted, MyPICODOS wants to load the directory of D1: ... When the IDE+ boot menu BOOT DISK feature would simply had swapped D7: with D1: this would work perfect.

When I say: boot from D7: I expect that D7: has turned into a D1:, and that my D1: partition is changed into D7:

That would make a lot more sense.

But I am not the coder of the BIOS, and I only can wait, and hope that this feature will be made some day.

In the meantime I hope some can explain to me how to 'mount' a ATR file with SDX and IDE+ ... ofcourse I can boot the ATR with the built in Loader (I LOVE this feature!), but I understood that it also is possible to mount ATR's within SDX, so that let's say D2: becomes an ATR file that is onyour harddisk.

I think that is a fabulous feature, but I can nowhere find a manual describing this feature.

Thanks a lot!

M.

I'd also like to notice that IDE+ already "forces" some things on users who may possibly have the device but also possibly do not want some features: e.g. SDX and battery-backed clock are "forced" on MyDOS users. I also know one IDE+ owner, who does not use the harddisk part (!). I am sure however that having these "unnecessary" options does not hurt anyone.

You can't be serious.. Your comparing a system clock and a flash partition to a rediculous sound toy?

It doesnt BELONG on the device.. WHy cant you simply connect the COVOX to your machine by some other manner?

I see, you want something like the BB "pop & swap" feature -- press the button and swap the drives. Yes, that is handy. I asked about that years ago with the original KMK-JZ IDE, but the complications in the bios were significant, IIRC. Probably still are. But using the BB is slow and it's *huge* after using the IDE+2.

-Larry

@larry

Yes I did. but the point is that I use in my daytime atari life several partitions that I want to boot from. Then It is spartados 3.3a, then it is MyDOS, then it is a XDOS partition and so one. This changes several times an hour. I do NOT want to jump into FDISK all the time, and believe me... the Boot feature in the START+RESET menu could be done better. When the boot function in this menu would simply swap the desired boot partition with D1: it would make a lot more sense.

My D7: for instance is a MyPICO DOS partition with some tools (fdisk is on it too). But when I set in the boot menu that D7: has to boot, this works.. but as soon as it has booted, MyPICODOS wants to load the directory of D1: ... When the IDE+ boot menu BOOT DISK feature would simply had swapped D7: with D1: this would work perfect.

When I say: boot from D7: I expect that D7: has turned into a D1:, and that my D1: partition is changed into D7:

That would make a lot more sense.

But I am not the coder of the BIOS, and I only can wait, and hope that this feature will be made some day.

You can't be serious.. Your comparing a system clock and a flash partition to a rediculous sound toy?

It doesnt BELONG on the device.. WHy cant you simply connect the COVOX to your machine by some other manner?

FYI: you cannot convince me trying to be insulting ("retarded") or such arbitrary statements of taste as above. Either use some substantial arguments or it is an EOT.

Ken is right

covox doesn't belong there

your single goal to have ide device with some sort of playback device for your wave player is little bit silly as an argument in discussion

going in that direction how about RGB led matrix, 8x8 for a starters?

why not?

Ken is right

covox doesn't belong there

your single goal ... is little bit silly

When will you all finally learn (sorry for asking that question) that I do not regard assessing adjectives or expressions of your own taste as arguments? You're wasting your time writing all this "retarded", "silly", "doesn't belong" (why? because a superior authority of candle said so? I beg your pardon... :P )

going in that direction how about RGB led matrix, 8x8 for a starters?

why not?

That's very simple question and post #110 already contains an answer.

@drac030 but a fact is that I asked for the non available IDE+ (2.0) and not for an interface with new bells and whistles (almost literally in this covox case),

I think everyone can think of add ons that he or she would like to have in this interface but that is something for a new plan IMHO.

I am at the point to order 25 of these original remakes to make sure that I get what I prefer.

I agree with you that people should not try to 'win' a discussion with certain words but on the other side I would like to go back to my original request for the IDE+ .....

Why?

I am confused what I am preordering at the moment. That's why ....

can't really say i can see any answer in post #110 you're reffering to

Maybe read again, then. Then again. Until you find a hint.

@prowizard: you of course are free to order even 250 (or 250 thousands) of rev. C remakes, and this, financially speaking, would probably prevail. I am not sure however that "prevail" is really equal to "win" in this case. And: post #110, fifth and sixth sentence ("It will be of course..."). Nothing else in fact matters.

EDIT: and don't be "confused", just trust simius' skills: it either will work with the same reliability as rev. C (in fact, there is no one IDE+2.0, there are rev. A, rev. B and rev. C - I have rev. A), or I don't want it myself.

Edited by drac030

silly.

a feature that serves just your own need, and it is incopatible with anything that already developed some kind of standard or agreement on how it should work over the years

don't know what you're going to win implying i can't read with understanding, really

obviously there is some kind of real argument comeetee that drac030 is part of letting him to decide (in comeetee meeting but ofcourse) what is a real argument and whatsnot

i don't really need an argument to have an opinion, do i?

anyways, if someone wants an pbi compilant hard disk interface that takes modern media i say wait

much better choice than hard disk interface that plays a wave files and firmware wise is eons behind novadays standards

definitive eot from my side

i won't "troll" here again

Edited by candle

I hate SDX...

so for me a new IDE+ with built-in MyDOS 4.56789 with quite some bugfixes, 512byte and 1024 byte sectors, please ;-)

Put SDX on the cigarette lighter, the drink holder or the nuclear toaster (oops, that was the Lynx)... ;-)

And while you are at it, do not infect iranian nuclear power stations with worms, virusses or trojans, use SDX instead... ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

I'm with you on this one I've always like MyDOS better, wanted to post this but did not know what the reaction would be. Is there anything about this interface that makes it harder than a BlackBox to have/create a MyDOS partition?

Edited by IndusGT