IGNORED

Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator......

CyranoJ

Still don't like the physics :P. Maybe up on the d-pad should also be thrust as well?

Well, no shock there - they haven't changed :P Up - can do ;) But remember, it's a Jagpad, not a precision micro switched thingamy-whatsit. Expect cludginess!

sh3 was quite correct - you couldn't shoot some of the baddies. This was a typo in the laser object generation code not flagging the object as 'can hit' to raptor. I've fixed it in my builds, next binary posted will have this corrected.

• Like 2

Wow look Great, and i played it around 20 Screens, . i like the music :)

Thank you! And thanks to 505 for the music. Not sure it'll be the final module, but for now... yeah it's excellent.

it would be Great when there are different Screens, not the Background , but the Plattforms.

Both already planned.

Let see when it is finished :)

Hope we don't disappoint !

Looks amazing and I second or third the BMG gives it that outter space ambiance!

As for a name,

Take Off, Spaced Out, On Empty, Marooned, Stranded on Planet X, Meteorite Scramble, Rocket ship Down, OMG Space bees!

Edited by Shinju
  • Like 1

Damn, you guys are fast. So much progress within a couple of days!

And sh3-rg, that's a fancy background. Being used to hardware that has such a low res and so few colors that you usually put in pixel per pixel I must admit I wouldn't even know how to do something so colorful on a PC.

Now what's the story of this? You started this 20 years ago and gave up or what? And now out of some mood you get this game so much further within a few days!?

• Like 2

Now what's the story of this? You started this 20 years ago and gave up or what? And now out of some mood you get this game so much further within a few days!?

20 year old version was done really quickly to get used to the Jaguar after getting my developer kit. Not surprisingly, it's crap. This is just me deciding that I wanted to do a proper version (ie, one that doesn't play like shit) using the RAPTOR engine.

• Like 5

When CJ was handed a Jaguar dev kit he decided to make JetPac. It took a couple of days, used gfx ripped from a spectrum emulator by screen grabbing and it played terribly :-)

A couple of years ago CJ & I secretly planned to remake the game and do it properly but didn't get very far before we got distracted and went off doing something else. Then for some reason last week CJ decided to start all over again and this time he's got a bit further. Some of the gfx used so far I've drawn in the last few days, others are recycled form other games that didn't make it (e.g. 2 of the the foreground plaent surfaces, some enemies) and are used directly or adapted and CJ found some stuff on the svn repo that I didn't even remember making :D

Bah, CJ just replied before I finished... :P

• Like 5

Ok, so now all the horrible ZX craptrum graphics are gone, replaced with glorious 16 bit pixels!

I've increased the enemy spawn rate, added explosions, tweaked a few things, made the backdrops generate from ascii maps (instead of hand drawn bitmaps) and added the particle engine (for the rocket fuel)

Lots more *bling* to add, but it's really getting there now.

post-11520-0-47036600-1363395720_thumb.jpg

RAPAPP.ABS

• Like 3