IGNORED

AtariVox - Complete 2600 Games List

toymailman

I believe this a complete list of games that take advantage of the AtariVox for the 2600. I've tried to list all released games, finished games (but not on cart), and works in progress.

If I am missing any please let me know and I will add it.

21 Blue
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced
[Link to Original Thread]
Latest ROM = 21Blue.NTSC.20111021.bin
Instructions = 21Blue manual 20110409.pdf

Astar
AtariVox Features = Save States
[Link to AtariAge Store] -- Available for purchase! icon_smile.gif
Latest ROM = astar_ntsc.bin

Berzerk 2-Player
Latest ROM = 2player_Berzerk_NTSC.bin

Boulder Dash ®
AtariVox Features = Save High Scores
[Link to Original Thread] -- Limited Run of 250 SOLD OUT!
Latest ROM (playable demo only) = BoulderDash100.bin

Duck Attack (demo version, ROM not available for cart version)
AtariVox Features = Save States & High Scores
Latest ROM = DUCKNTSC_Demo.BIN

Elevators Amiss
Latest ROM = ElevatorsAmiss.bin

Fall Down
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced & Save High Scores
Latest ROM = fd_ntsc.bin

Gate Racer II (4k)
Latest ROM = GateRacerII_Final(b).bin

Go Fish! (and Extended Edition)
Latest ROM = GoFish_NTSC.bin Go Fish! Extended (2007) (Bob Montgomery, Tom Montgomery).bin

Heartbreak
Latest ROM = heartbreak_final_NTSC.bin

Juno First (and alternate ship hack)
Latest ROM = juno1_final_ntsc.bin Juno First (New Ship).bin

Lead 16k (latest version I could find is a release candidate)
AtariVox Features = Save High Scores, and Audio options
Latest ROM = lead_16k_rc_20080909.bin

Man Goes Down (and ending hack) (work in progress)
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced, Save High Scores & Save States
Latest ROM = mgd_2013-06-12.bin mgd_hack.bin

Omicron 16k (latest version I could find is from 2011)

Latest ROM = omicron_16k_20111130.bin
Instructions = omicron_instructions_20111130.pdf

Palomino (work in progress)
Latest ROM = palomino_20140510.bin
Instructions = palomino_20130426.pdf

Pinata

[Link to Original Thread] - ?
Latest ROM = not found

Pitch 'n Catch (work in progress)
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced & Save Data
Latest ROM = pitch_n_catch_20081004.bin

Q*bert Arcade
Latest ROM = qbert-arcade.bin

Speech Tester
Latest ROM = Speech Tester AtariVox (2007) (Bob Montgomery).bin

Spell 'n Speak
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced & Save Data
Latest ROM = spellandspeak.NTSC.20110509.bin

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe
AtariVox Features = Voice Enhanced & Instant Replays
Latest ROM = StratOGemsDeluxe.bin

Sync
Latest ROM = Sync_2008.bin

Three.s (work in progress)
AtariVox Features = Save Data

Latest ROM = Three.s (v0.92).bin

Wizard of Wor 2: The Arena

Latest ROM = WizardofWorArcade21915.bin

• Like 11

First off, kudos for starting this excellent thread. Just a day or two ago I was thinking someone should put together a comprehensive list of AtariVox games on AA.

A couple suggestions...

First, it may be good to link back to original threads too. (when there is one) It would help with bug reports and also help users find updates. (e.g. I plan to add high-score tables to my arcade hacks someday)

Second, it may be helpful to list the kind of support (Voice, Memory, or Voice+Memory) so users know what to expect.

First off, kudos for starting this excellent thread. Just a day or two ago I was thinking someone should put together a comprehensive list of AtariVox games on AA.

A couple suggestions...

First, it may be good to link back to original threads too. (when there is one) It would help with bug reports and also help users find updates. (e.g. I plan to add high-score tables to my arcade hacks someday)

Second, it may be helpful to list the kind of support (Voice, Memory, or Voice+Memory) so users know what to expect.

I've been meaning to do this for my Harmony Organization. I'm putting all these into their own directory so I know when I play them to be sure I have my AtariVox plugged in to take full advantage of them.

I will work on getting your suggestions incorporated into the original post. Great Ideas!

• Like 1

I just found this list of games with memory space reserved for them. I will update the list in post #1 accordingly.

Below is the list of games I have not captured in Post #1.

1 - bonQ (Ken Siders) Is this the 7800 version?

2 - Karate Master (Greg Kennedy) [Link to blog]

3 - Halloween game TBA (Mark Ball)

4 - Monster! (Mark Ball)

5 - Worm! (Mark Ball) Is this the 7800 version?

6 - Indenture (Will Nicholes)

The main problem with updating old games to use the VOX is it ties up the 2nd controller port. This would detract a lot from something like Wizard of Wor which is really most fun in 2P simultaneous.

It's not a showstopper as you can do workarounds, but it's unfortunate. I know I had some sort of discussions with Richard on whether it might be able to multiplex or pass-through with a joystick but I can't remember what the conclusion was on the matter or whether the little dev header frees up some signals.

Gorf is fine in 1P and would be good to add voice to. Most people don't associate Gorf with voice because I think most people have played home ports of it, but it does have it.

Megamania might also be a good candidate as it has Astro-Blaster play-mechanics and Astro-Blaster had voice.

Just doing hacks of this nature would be a good project for people to focus on once the VOX is back in circulation.

The main problem with updating old games to use the VOX is it ties up the 2nd controller port. This would detract a lot from something like Wizard of Wor which is really most fun in 2P simultaneous.

If it were optional though, you could still have both. 2-player or voice. That way the 1-player version could still be enhanced.

Gorf is fine in 1P and would be good to add voice to. Most people don't associate Gorf with voice because I think most people have played home ports of it, but it does have it.

Megamania might also be a good candidate as it has Astro-Blaster play-mechanics and Astro-Blaster had voice.

Just doing hacks of this nature would be a good project for people to focus on once the VOX is back in circulation.

I'd rather see the effort spent on new versions of those games. They could be done so much better now.

I'd rather see the effort spent on new versions of those games. They could be done so much better now.

I agree that something like WOW could be done better, since it's very Pac-Man-like and suffers from similar flicker problems which can be alleviated with better techniques. However, my lay of the land indicates that programmer-time for homebrews is a limited commodity these days, and so the low-hanging fruit are the hacks. Even games that never had voice in any form could just have it tacked on if it might add enough to the experience.

Edited by mos6507

The list needs to be sorted by capabilities. Some games just use the save key feature for replays or high scores (which doesn't use the speakjet chip at all). Some may use the voice chip and not the save key. Many newer homebrews are incorporating the high score tables into the actual cart (Chetiry, etc) instead of using the antiquated save key function. I like the high score table being on my Chetiry cart, but the ROMs for these games won't save back to the Harmony if you're using only the ROM (but that only encourages people to buy the cartridge). I've also got Strat-O-Gems and I would love to see what the enhanced vox features are. Also thank you for the list of homebrews with ROM links. Some games aren't even available in the store, and I can't buy all of them, just the ones I really like...

Thank you for making this list! :)

You're welcome!

Also, I just updated it with Gate Racer II that I happened to see in another thread.

If anyone knows of a game that should be added then let me know and I will put it on this list. It looks like Frantic and Epic Adventure each plan to support it but not yet. Also let me know if something should be removed if it does not have AtariVox/SaveKey support.

You're welcome!

Also, I just updated it with Gate Racer II that I happened to see in another thread.

If anyone knows of a game that should be added then let me know and I will put it on this list. It looks like Frantic and Epic Adventure each plan to support it but not yet. Also let me know if something should be removed if it does not have AtariVox/SaveKey support.

Thanks for including Gate Racer. I just updated the bin earlier today as there was an error in the options screen. The new verison has been added to the first post on the original thread. I'll let you know via PM in the future if there are updates, the 4K build is 99% complete barring any bugs found. I also still need to email Richard regarding a permanent memory allocation space, the current bin still uses the scratchpad area of the atarivox/savekey that could be overwritten by another game.

Thanks for including Gate Racer. I just updated the bin earlier today as there was an error in the options screen. The new verison has been added to the first post on the original thread. I'll let you know via PM in the future if there are updates, the 4K build is 99% complete barring any bugs found. I also still need to email Richard regarding a permanent memory allocation space, the current bin still uses the scratchpad area of the atarivox/savekey that could be overwritten by another game.

You're welcome, and I updated the first post with the new GRIIe.bin file from your thread.

I played Juno First for about an hour tonight with the SaveKey. I must say that seeing the high score table (and knowing that it's being saved) adds a lot to the game. I managed to get to wave 21. I absolutely love that game, it's better than the original arcade game, IMO. If you don't have it yet, buy it now!

• Like 1