IGNORED

Why get a 6 switch Atari when you could get a 14 switch?

64squares

It's obviously very unusual. Yet nothing is mentioned about that significant point of interest in the listing.

You shouldn't need that many switches to select from 40 games.

I'm leaning toward this being a photoshop mod and marketing gimmick.

Edited by BigO

found this :)

I figured it wasn't original to the seller. I didn't find that in a quick search.

Makes the entire offer seem bogus to me. With so many zillion images of Atari consoles available, why steal one that is so *not* what is being offered? Well, I guess it got us talking about it so my marketing ploy theory still holds.

Actually, I know the story. This is no photoshop!

Once upon a time, some guy in Taiwan made an Atari console for Atari, but he had no idea of what would happen to it as it arrived to America in order to be sold. Its first owner was a guy that was an employee of the Three Mile Island power plant. This console was actually the reason there was a nuclear accident at that place on March 29, 1979, as the employee who bought the system brought it to work because he was just like Homer Simpson: A fat, lazy and stupid guy who works in a power plant! Nevertheless, during several rounds of Dodge'em and Circus Atari, he didn't see that the reactor had melted and made a huge mess, but as soon as he had to change the controller (he wasn't that stupid he didn't even know that Circus Atari is for use with Paddle Controllers), he saw that he and his job were fucked big time. His first reflex was to throw the system in the reactor to cool it down, but it didn't quite work out… The guy is now known to be dead (Actually, he did not die because of the radiation, instead he got lynched by his boss and a bunch of hippies), but the console is still known to exist, albeit with weird switch malformation.

That was the story of the 14-switch atari, which is now a collector's item, with people wanting to trade their copy of Air Raid for it.

I have a unit with seven switches, and I don't need photoshop to prove it.

You just had to click and see if I'd give away my secret, didn't you?

That's counting the channel select switch found on the bottom of every light sixer. :P

Must you click on every single one of my spoilers?

Edited by shadow460

Actually, I know the story. This is no photoshop!

Once upon a time, some guy in Taiwan made an Atari console for Atari, but he had no idea of what would happen to it as it arrived to America in order to be sold. Its first owner was a guy that was an employee of the Three Mile Island power plant. This console was actually the reason there was a nuclear accident at that place on March 29, 1979, as the employee who bought the system brought it to work because he was just like Homer Simpson: A fat, lazy and stupid guy who works in a power plant! Nevertheless, during several rounds of Dodge'em and Circus Atari, he didn't see that the reactor had melted and made a huge mess, but as soon as he had to change the controller (he wasn't that stupid he didn't even know that Circus Atari is for use with Paddle Controllers), he saw that he and his job were fucked big time. His first reflex was to throw the system in the reactor to cool it down, but it didn't quite work out… The guy is now known to be dead (Actually, he did not die because of the radiation, instead he got lynched by his boss and a bunch of hippies), but the console is still known to exist, albeit with weird switch malformation.

That was the story of the 14-switch atari, which is now a collector's item, with people wanting to trade their copy of Air Raid for it.

Care to prove it?? I calling fake a bad photoshop...