IGNORED

OSS 5in1 Super Proper Cartridge

santosp

• 4 years later...

Santosp, is there a reason - specifically that this is not being redone at all. Since it has been 5 years?  OSS carts on Ebay people are trying to get Hundreds of Dollars for.

IF you dont want to - can the files etc be licenced out? Maybe someone like McRorie would be interested.  I would think in 5 years there would be at least 20-30 to be able to be pre-booked no issues.

I dont see anything in the cart that would not be obtainable? Am I wrong?

Thanks

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Santosp, is there a reason - specifically that this is not being redone at all. Since it has been 5 years?  OSS carts on Ebay people are trying to get Hundreds of Dollars for.

IF you dont want to - can the files etc be licenced out? Maybe someone like McRorie would be interested.  I would think in 5 years there would be at least 20-30 to be able to be pre-booked no issues.

I dont see anything in the cart that would not be obtainable? Am I wrong?

Thanks

James

Can’t speak for him but AtariMax has been selling individual cart reproductions for year) - I have a couple. Also, Jon’s recent SIDE2 Loader firmware update includes a set of 4 modified OSS roms that can run from the SIDE2 cart, selectable with a little configuration utility (Action!, MAC/65, BASIC XE, BASIC XL).  

• Like 1

OH.. I thought that the basic XE was having issues through that utility. XE is the main thing I am trying to get.  But I also see that Ultimate and AVG carts now do perfect EMU of OSS carts.. so I guess the 5in1 is not super hot anymore.

SO much stuff.. life is good.

James

2 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

But I also see that Ultimate and AVG carts now do perfect EMU of OSS carts.. so I guess the 5in1 is not super hot anymore.

UNO Cart does too. I think @MacRorie is still selling those too. 

But if you just want BASIC XE, Steve's OSS repro carts are top-notch.

https://www.atarimax.com/freeshippingsale/

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I used the Atarimax Basic XL or XE carts, but they had trouble with the extensions.  As in -- didn't work.  Mr-Atari has reworked the supercart programs to work very well in the MyIDE-II.  My recollection is that Action! had a slight problem, having to hit reset after launching.  So if you have one, you're set.  If not, you might contact Sijmen to see where things stand now.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

It's been a long time since I used the Atarimax Basic XL or XE carts, but they had trouble with the extensions.  As in -- didn't work.  Mr-Atari has reworked the supercart programs to work very well in the MyIDE-II.  My recollection is that Action! had a slight problem, having to hit reset after launching.  So if you have one, you're set.  If not, you might contact Sijmen to see where things stand now.

I don't have BASIC XE or XL, but I haven't had any specific problems with my AtariMax Action! repro but then again, I'm a dabbler. :) Can you recollect what problems in particular you mean? 

If you loaded the extensions, most or all didn't work. The BXL extensions are pretty trivial -- there's only 4 of them IIRC. But BXE is very incomplete without the extensions. Steve thought the problem was the differences in bank switching addresses, but at least when I was interested in the carts, the issue could not be resolved. 

Santos' Carts are nice. They require the application of a file or grinder to the sides to properly fit into 800 or 1200XL. Just remove ~1mm from the lower sides of the cart. It fits nice if you do that.

In reality, owners of an Ultimate Cart (or others) don't need this. AVG, etc.

Neither the OSS cart or Ultimate with BXE will work on my Incognito. I am unhappy about that.

Hopefully, Candle will fix this.

I really wanna check out FXEP (FoReM XE Pro BBS).

Edit: to be clear, the problem is if you have the BASICXE.OSS file available. Most OS's lock up as soon as CAR is typed. If QMEG OS is running, BXE loads the file, but, upon typing EXTEND, it throws an Error message and doesn't work.

Edited by Kyle22

I though it was said that it did work with the latest firmware and the the physical AVG or Genuine OSS carts (No cart that changes the banking scheme though), but if it were an issue running Altira OS also worked around a possible gintlock issue...

update cpld and bios and try plz

sigh.. I wanted to do my bbs "thing" on the 800 incognito.. but looking like that is not going to happen.

i guess I will either use my 800xl U1mb or 1088xel .. hmmmmm

Yes that was the software I wanted to check out too Kyle, but as I understand it.. its heavy use of the extensions makes it pointless unless those load.

James

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

sigh.. I wanted to do my bbs "thing" on the 800 incognito.. but looking like that is not going to happen.

i guess I will either use my 800xl U1mb or 1088xel .. hmmmmm

Yes that was the software I wanted to check out too Kyle, but as I understand it.. its heavy use of the extensions makes it pointless unless those load.

James

Yeah, I'm afraid that's the current situation. I'm hoping there will soon be a fix.