IGNORED

HDX board Pre-sale

arcadeshopper

I have opened up a pre-sale for HDX boards to modify your TI rs232 card to support the HDX1 DSR

http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/~/category/id=5051340&offset=0&sort=nameAsc

For more information on HDX read on:

Have you looked at Fred's site? http://home.vodafonevast.nl/fgkaal/Software/sw_ti99hdx.html#ti99hdx

Basically HDX makes a network like connection over the rs232/2 port to a windows PC. It is a DSR replacement on the RS232 card and provides a device HDX1 that connects to software on the windows PC. Providing a "hard disk like" device to access v9t9 format files on the windows hard disk. Theoretically you can point classic99 to the same folder and run/access the files there on your PC without having to convert/move/copy them somewhere else.

It also allows the use of TIPRINT on the windows pc to emulate printers and you can print to HDX1.PRINTER on the TI and it comes out on your windows printer.

Both of these software packages can run on the PC with just a regular straight through serial cable. But to use them "seamlessly" on the TI requires the RS232 modification which uses the board I am selling. The board loads a new DSR into a battery backed static ram (very similar to minimem's memory as he borrowed that design) and that DSR has instead of RS322/2 it has the HDX1 device. A RS232 splitter cable is required to split RS232/2 off of the main connection for the connection to the PC. The cable required other than that is straight through DB25-DB9.

To use HDX without the board you load the program CFHDXS1 on the TI and that allows a limited DM2K interface with HDX1 support built in. This is what I've used for months to transfer files to the TI from the PC, all I do is us TIDIR to put the files in my HDX files directory (or a sub directory) then load the software on the TI, go to HDX1. and there's the files and directories. Long as they are v9t9 format (TIDIR lets you easily convert to that if they are not) they come up and are copy, move, eXecuteable from CFHDXS1 or any program if you have the modified RS232 card.

TIPRINT lets you print to RS232.BA=xxxxx. etc.. and it comes out on your PC's printer.

Again with the HDX board modification you can print to HDX1.PRINTER and it will figure out the rest. There's also a Disk transfer program that works with the HDX board that will copy your disks from the TI directly to a DSK image on the PC in a "disks" directory. And you can copy DSK files back to real disks on the TI as well.

I have used the software version with both Corcomp and TI rs232 cards and they worked fine. I haven't tested with anything else.. The modification of the card for the HDX board ONLY works on a TI card. No 3rd party cards.

I am going to purchase a few extra RS232 cards and build them up with the HDX modification and offer them for sale if people are interested in the mod but not the build :) I am sure a few others are as well based on the quantities ordered from the pre-order.

Greg

A reminder I will be closing the Pre-order Friday 3/22. If anyone else wants to get into the pre-order please use my website or contact me directly. I can take cards via google wallet or you can mail payment for the board(s).. I have upped the order to 50 boards as there was enough demand to sell out the first 25 the first couple days :)

Thanks!

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

The cards are done, waiting on delivery eta is about 2 weeks.

Greg

The Pre-sale is now closed. I will be placing the order tomorrow Friday 3/22 as planned. If you have committed to sending funds please pm me and let me know what to expect. If you need a google wallet invoice to pay with a card lmk and I'll send you one!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...