IGNORED

anyone know anything about the GBA?

atari2600land

I'm trying to compile a simple GBA program and I can't get the stupid thing to work. All the files are in the correct positions, copied and pasted into just about every position imaginable, and nothing works still. I get this as an error message. I've downloaded devkitARM, which I thought was the one for gba.

post-9475-0-07409200-1363032438_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

devkitPro works fine on Windows 7, I've got it running here. You're just using it the wrong way. devkitPro should come with an msys environment. Use that instead of the plain Windows command prompt. Then use the GBA example sources and makefiles that come with devkitArm as a starting point. That should get you going.

You can get devkitArm working in a plain Windows command prompt, but this requires some digging in the devkitArm Makefiles and some gcc knowledge. For starters, devkitPro is designed so that multiple gcc versions can be installed in parallel and be all in the search path at the same time. To make this work they have their target platforms baked into their filenames. Your ARM gcc is called "arm-eabi-gcc", not just "gcc". Actually they might well be using a different prefix by now.

Also, I don't think you're setting all of the required search paths.

I've figured once out how to get devkitArm working in a plain Windows command prompt with gnuwin32 instead of msys (don't like msys very much), but I'd have to dig up some old source code to see what exactly I'd done.

If you just want to tinker with the GBA a bit and don't care much about your build environment, use the msys environment supplied with devkitPro.

Edited by Tom