Vocelli

the FINAL WEEK NEW High Score Club 1.26 ~ Commando Raid

a curiosity... oyama, what are they talking about with the comments about your legit scores? what scores did you post that weren't legit??? I don't get it.

See the note described on the 7800 HSC Records list.

I have started posting my gameplay videos since February 1st, 2013, because I was suspected at cheating.

@S.BAZ, go to the old 2600 HSC, Season 1 / Week 16 (TAZ), to see an unreal score example - 999,900-point Todd Rogers score.

Edited by oyamafamily

Gunning for 200K tonight boys, let's see what I can do!

Still improving this week, but thinking about tomorrow. :ponder: :ponder:

It seems it will be Vocelli and you playing Burgertime. I have good news for you, your score was higher than Vocelli's that week.

It seems it will be Vocelli and you playing Burgertime. I have good news for you, your score was higher than Vocelli's that week.

I have great confidence in Vocelli's ability to, all of a sudden, figure out any game. And I get stubborn in any elimination format, so I don't think either of those scores are gonna cut it for this week. :)

I can't tell if darth is going to be a challenge or not because he did not post a score in that game. lool :-D . hope if I do beat him than I get cristal castle next because that is one of my favorite games. good luck to all that are playing in tournaments of either gold, silver, and bronze. I am happy to even be here. GET YOUR GAME ON AND HAVE A BLAST.

post-33984-0-26009300-1364172327_thumb.jpg

Man, can't get back into the groove. It's my classic, first time best score curse! I refused to submit.

Almost caught up to Lid and 'Teach, but missed the big bomb!

But made it to the 200k club

Score: 235,475

post-27900-0-43368400-1364181677_thumb.png

Damn, wanted that 200K! Still better than my previous score and with picture proof to boot. I found a little tactic on this game to get to higher scores. Focus on the commandos on the ends, even if you feel like one of the closer ones is dropping too close. You'll lose the end ones because of the angle, ALWAYS go for them first unless you're sure you can nab them. Hit planes in the meantime.

post-22322-0-69888900-1364183208_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

40190 - Lousy hit detection has got me down. Looks like I am stuck in the bronze bracket.

post-11623-0-05164900-1364183572_thumb.jpg

Almost caught up to Lid and 'Teach, but missed the big bomb!

But made it to the 200k club

Score: 235,475

Great score! And best of all, awesome championship! :thumbsup:

You just won the first season of the new HSC! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pardon my interrupting as I am new here, but how do I join the ATARIAGE high score club?

THX. :)

Welcome ATARIQuest.

These are open tourneys, you play the games following given instructions about difficulty, you must submit a score achieved during the week etc (take a look at the rules' topic)

Now we are starting a short (around one month) somewhat close tourney for the best 24 players.

After this, we start a new season from week 1, it will be another great tournament, no doubt.

I think you could start right now and post scores just for comparison...

When I joined the club, it was in the middle of a somewhat close tourney too (the knockout tourney) but I enjoyed playing and posting my scores.

Great score! And best of all, awesome championship! :thumbsup:

You just won the first season of the new HSC! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Lid. You sure didn't make it easy, but that's part of what makes this so much fun ;)

See ya in the gold medal challenge!

See the note described on the 7800 HSC Records list.

I have started posting my gameplay videos since February 1st, 2013, because I was suspected at cheating.

@S.BAZ, go to the old 2600 HSC, Season 1 / Week 16 (TAZ), to see an unreal score example - 999,900-point Todd Rogers score.

I haven't been convinced yet even about Todd. On that Taz score it seems to me it was because of a version which scored slightly differently. However, I can see that the moderator decided he had cheated for some reason. I would have thought, ok disqualify the score for not being the same version, that would make sense.

but since the other guy with the variant didn't also get disqualified...

mod must have found him guilty. for what reason I do not see from reading that page.

i don't know why you were suspected of cheating, but I tend to suspect oversuspiciousness and/or jealousy when I hear that kind of thing.

I do not think someone has cheated as long as I can understand that it may have been real. I feel actually very appreciative of how I can post my scores here and they are included even though I have minimal access to a camera! It's been great to get involved with some serious atari gamers!!

so even though I like to watch out for possible cheating (its part of playing games), I dont think anyone is cheating unless I can't think of any possible other conclusion. Even what I heard about TR's Dragster score. My first thought was well, what if he was exploiting a glitch? Then I found out that he has said this himself.

I respect all the scores I see here. i keep seeing these comments to oyamafamily which seemingly don't carry any information, just insinuation. and if it's already a worn-out subject then i'm not sure why it would keep getting referenced here, it seems rude in an open forum.

I haven't been convinced yet even about Todd. On that Taz score it seems to me it was because of a version which scored slightly differently. However, I can see that the moderator decided he had cheated for some reason. I would have thought, ok disqualify the score for not being the same version, that would make sense.

but since the other guy with the variant didn't also get disqualified...

mod must have found him guilty. for what reason I do not see from reading that page.

i don't know why you were suspected of cheating, but I tend to suspect oversuspiciousness and/or jealousy when I hear that kind of thing.

I do not think someone has cheated as long as I can understand that it may have been real. I feel actually very appreciative of how I can post my scores here and they are included even though I have minimal access to a camera! It's been great to get involved with some serious atari gamers!!

so even though I like to watch out for possible cheating (its part of playing games), I dont think anyone is cheating unless I can't think of any possible other conclusion. Even what I heard about TR's Dragster score. My first thought was well, what if he was exploiting a glitch? Then I found out that he has said this himself.

I respect all the scores I see here. i keep seeing these comments to oyamafamily which seemingly don't carry any information, just insinuation. and if it's already a worn-out subject then i'm not sure why it would keep getting referenced here, it seems rude in an open forum.

PM sent dude, trust me you have no clue.