thechallengeofnexar

Hey everyone.

Anyone know if this is the original box and instructions for TCM http://rover.ebay.co...-/200906887001?

I've had the loose cart a few times and Halloween and its hard to know if this cart has the thumb grips from the picture (which i've asked about).

How do you know if its an original box & instructions? surely you can buy the cart for $100 get a repro box? then pay £30 for a condition authentication and a piece of plastic.

I dont trust people that sell these graded sealed games, it seems they pay 15-30 to have the condition labeled and then charge crazy money

Someones even trying to get £115 for a sealed E.T (FFS!) :mad: just makes me angry as a colector and fellow (honest!) trader.

I offered £300 as thats whats its worth in my opinion - If i'm wrong and this is worth anything like nearly $2,000 then please comment.

If i was selling that, i would include some provenance.

Any thoughts?

Edited by thechallengeofnexar

How do you know if its an original box & instructions? surely you can buy the cart for $100 get a repro box? then pay £30 for a condition authentication and a piece of plastic.

Well, I'm not a big fan of VGA in general, but I would hope they'd be able to tell a real box from a fake one. The Wizard boxes used a special laminated paper and are not particularly easy to fake. This one looks 100% legit to me.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't go spending any serious cash on boxed Wizard titles right about now. In case you haven't heard, a huge stash of unused, original Wizard boxes was found a few months ago. There's a thread about it here. You might want to wait until we find out exactly how many Atari boxes were found, because the prices on those boxes could take a serious hit.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up PingVin, I did read about that but wondered if/when Wizard will sell them and at what cost. Probably $50 like the big box vids or maybe $75 with repro carts but that beats paying $$$$

I suppose the seller with the graded copy wants to get rid of his before that happens as it will have a knock on affect on the CIB value of the game although a purist will want all original - I'd be happy with original cart original box (old stock) and repro instructions and then i'm paying $150 CIB rather than silly money.

Thanks again