IGNORED

Finally, a use for all those old loose Donkey Kong carts!

Finally, a use for all those old loose Donkey Kong carts!

So I got the INTV equivalent of a "Rick Roll" the other day. I made a trade with mojoTV67, and there was a loose DK cart on top of the boxes. When I inquired, the reply was "...it's the only way I can get rid of them!". :lolblue: So now I have a total 4 extra loose carts, punk'd!

So I got an idea from an Inty poster I saw, I think I may make a statue some day:

DKtestlayout.pdf

• Like 1

My other idea was an evil one. If someone identifies a really bad seller, we can grenade spam them by shipping all our carts en masse. Imagine getting dozens of anonymous packages, with several DK carts in each one. All that time spent opening the packages would really piss somebody off. And we could use return address from state psychiatric lockups etc. This plan would be EPIC. :twisted:

Edited by B0B 1ob1aw
  • Like 1

My other idea was an evil one. If someone identifies a really bad seller, we can grenade spam them by shipping all our carts en masse. Imagine getting dozens of anonymous packages, with several DK carts in each one. All that time spent opening the packages would really piss somebody off. And we could use return address from state psychiatric lockups etc. This plan would be EPIC. :twisted:

Of course someone would have to buy something from the seller to get the address and then distribute, but I love it.

Of course someone would have to buy something from the seller to get the address and then distribute, but I love it.

That was my thinking, someone here may eventually get burned. And if the seller looks like a total a-hole, well then spam away. I would go one step further, I have access to all kinds of labels and some packing stuff at work; I'll put every damned cartridge in a padded envelope with labels like "sensitive electronics" etc, they won't know what to think.

Then again, if they are truly a "bad seller", they will just turn around and list them on eBay the next day as uLtRa RaRe dOnKeY KoNg CaRtS!!!! for $4,000,000 each buy it now/make an offer. :-D

I'm thinki

Pretty dumb idea IMO. You're spending money to prank a scammer. Then the scammer can just profit off your loss... :ponder:

I'm thinking the scammer isn't going make a whole heck of a lot off of loose beat to shite DK carts that don't even play on an Inty II. And as any Inty fiend will tell you, people end up with several of these worthless carts from lots - if the shells opened, they would be worth more than the PCB for most collectors, but they are next to useless. If I spend $10 just to waste some jackoff's time while he thinks he hit that jackpot, well it's worth the chuckle just for what must be going through their head. Anyone who has ever put a gift inside several "overboxes", knows how bemused the recipient can get. Then again I am deranged, Schadenfreude is an art form to me.

Edited by B0B 1ob1aw

But I cant see why "Schadenfreude" fits to your plan? You donate some carts + paying shipping. Also if its nearly worthless, the seller could sell them for 1 or 2 Dollars, I am sure he get some sales with that. Its not much, but its all free for him. If you dont know what to do with your carts go on making art ;) Or I have another, much better idea: spend the cartridges to some of these amazing homebrewers, so they can will the worthless shell with more great games :grin:

But I cant see why "Schadenfreude" fits to your plan? You donate some carts + paying shipping. Also if its nearly worthless, the seller could sell them for 1 or 2 Dollars, I am sure he get some sales with that. Its not much, but its all free for him. If you dont know what to do with your carts go on making art ;) Or I have another, much better idea: spend the cartridges to some of these amazing homebrewers, so they can will the worthless shell with more great games :grin:

If you can tell me how to open a DK cart, without destroying it, and what homebrewer would want these POS things, I would be more than happy to do so.

Otherwise, I am just talking nonsense here. I think people take me way too seriously, maybe I need to add more smileys. Although running a 1/2" drill press through the center of each cart would nullify any potential profit by the target. :P

• Like 2

I think you can open the shell withput breaking it. It seems that they are glued, I cant see if there is a screw. I dont know how it will look like, but maybe GroovyBee could use this shells to put his multicard in it? Just a assumption :) I just have one copy of DK, so I wont try to open my shell, maybe you are right and its impossible to open them.

But there is another great way to use this cartridges. If you collect more, you can build something like that:

nintendothrone.jpg?w=400&h=600

A throne to play Intellivision :-o Not comfy, but cool. Allow me the pun: A Throne of Games! (I watched seasons 1 and 2 of the series just a few days ago)

Edited by Ignorama

What would be even funnier, would be to put fake Congo Bongo stickers on the carts. Then the question would be: how excited would they get, and many would they open before they realize it's the wrong cart style? Plugging them in one after one, and eventually flipping out when they all come up as DK. So many possibilities for fun...

But I cant see why "Schadenfreude" fits to your plan? You donate some carts + paying shipping.

Exactly. It isn't exactly smart to spend money out of your own pockets in order to reward people for being @$$-hats. Rolling their house or setting flaming bags of dog crap on their doorstep would be a lot more effective, plus you get to take a fun road trip in the process! :evil:

I think you can open the shell without breaking it. It seems that they are glued, I cant see if there is a screw. I dont know how it will look like, but maybe GroovyBee could use this shells to put his multicard in it? Just a assumption :) I just have one copy of DK, so I wont try to open my shell, maybe you are right and its impossible to open them.

But there is another great way to use this cartridges. If you collect more, you can build something like that:

nintendothrone.jpg?w=400&h=600

A throne to play Intellivision :-o Not comfy, but cool. Allow me the pun: A Throne of Games! (I watched seasons 1 and 2 of the series just a few days ago)

A whole boat-load of crappy games (and probably quite a few good ones) sacrificed their lives to make that throne. Was the Famicom throne worth the loss? Was the Great Pyramid of Egypt worth the thousands of slaves' lives spent to build it? One can only hope... :skull: Edited by stardust4ever

The screws for a Donkey Kong (Coleco) game are under the sticker.

I opened one up, and neither of the circuit boards I have can be used in the Coleco Shell.

Perhaps this new multi cart could use it? It might benefit from the longer case....

Anyhow, as far as I am concerned, Donkey Kong carts are absolutely worthless. I have a few here i am considering throwing in the garbage...

Maybe I should give it out with copies of D2k just to show how great a game D2K is......naw....