IGNORED

new to the intellivision

so i thought it would be cool to get an intellivision. but i have a couple of questions...

how much is the system worth? and how much is the average game worth?

i think i saw a good deal here, but, again, im new to it so im not really sure: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FIntellivision-System-Many-Boxed-Games-%2F261187513951%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games%26hash%3Ditem3ccffd2e5f

Hey! Welcome Mr vectrex!

Im interested in getting a vectrex, have you any spare? A trade perhaps? I dont know what they run on ebay. Ill prob check. If not, i can help you out with a system cheap. I still remember one time i seen a vectrex system boxed for 100 bucks at a play n trade store...i should of bought it then! I went back and it was sold...

Hey! Welcome Mr vectrex!

Im interested in getting a vectrex, have you any spare? A trade perhaps? I dont know what they run on ebay. Ill prob check. If not, i can help you out with a system cheap. I still remember one time i seen a vectrex system boxed for 100 bucks at a play n trade store...i should of bought it then! I went back and it was sold...

nah sorry, just one :( 100$ for a boxed vectrex is not bad! on ebay they usually go for over 100$ loose, which is somewhat high. often they come with games on ebay which is good :) oh and something random, the retro gaming revolution link on your signature is an expired domain according to the link :/

nah sorry, just one :( 100$ for a boxed vectrex is not bad! on ebay they usually go for over 100$ loose, which is somewhat high. often they come with games on ebay which is good :) oh and something random, the retro gaming revolution link on your signature is an expired domain according to the link :/

No prob.

Im changing the address of that site. It will be live soon.

so i thought it would be cool to get an intellivision. but i have a couple of questions...

how much is the system worth? and how much is the average game worth?

i think i saw a good deal here, but, again, im new to it so im not really sure: http://rover.ebay.co...=item3ccffd2e5f

hey long time no see. glad to see you have come to the darkside that is the intellivision like myself. hope you get one. like the vectrex, the intellivision is one of the lesser common but better than the rest system. honestly, the vectrex and intellivision are my 2 of my most favorite pre nes systems. and both i only have owned in the last few years. if you stay you will learn why the intellivision brotherhood is made of cool people that do a lot for each other and are all about helping each other.

hey long time no see. glad to see you have come to the darkside that is the intellivision like myself. hope you get one. like the vectrex, the intellivision is one of the lesser common but better than the rest system. honestly, the vectrex and intellivision are my 2 of my most favorite pre nes systems. and both i only have owned in the last few years. if you stay you will learn why the intellivision brotherhood is made of cool people that do a lot for each other and are all about helping each other.

thats pretty cool. and thats actually one of the reasons i wanted to get into it, the fanbase seems pretty nice :) and i know what you mean. there are quite a few systems that are uncommon but better than the rest. i often hear people say the controllers are terrible but i have played one before and its not THAT bad. i think they are saying that because of avgn :( alot of the games look really cool, and ive heard that compared to other systems, its not too hard to get every game cib (again, thats what i heard)

The Controller is just unfamiliar, not bad. In reality the controller is pretty good and there are games like Space Battle were the controller is brilliant. Just try it out yourself: Play the Intellivision Lives Collection on PS2 or Gamecube and after that play the original hardware, you sure will recognize that most of the are games are much better playable on the Intellivision ;)#

The only thing which I have to criticize is the disc, because its sometimes a bit to woolly, so that fast direction changings are a bit difficult. But the layout of the buttons is pretty good if you get familiar to the controller

A little addition: I am talking about the Intellivision I controller, I dont like the Intellivision II controller... well I also dont like the Intellivision II :lol:

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

The Controller is just unfamiliar, not bad. In reality the controller is pretty good and there are games like Space Battle were the controller is brilliant. Just try it out yourself: Play the Intellivision Lives Collection on PS2 or Gamecube and after that play the original hardware, you sure will recognize that most of the are games are much better playable on the Intellivision ;)#

The only thing which I have to criticize is the disc, because its sometimes a bit to woolly, so that fast direction changings are a bit difficult. But the layout of the buttons is pretty good if you get familiar to the controller

A little addition: I am talking about the Intellivision I controller, I dont like the Intellivision II controller... well I also dont like the Intellivision II :lol:

yeah i agree. what is bad about the intellivision 2? its alot cheaper than the original one, but there has to be a reason why

Oh, I my oppinion there are some huge drawbacks. First of all: Its ugly. I know that some people really like this 80s look, but I dont like it, a Intellivision looks noble, a Intellivision II just looks cheap. Another disadvantage is the controller. Its good that they are removable, no question, but the buttons on the keypad are plain. The buttons on the first Intellivision controller are uplifted, so you could play by sliding from one button to the next, knowing that the 2 is beside the 1 and so on. On the Intellivision II there are no uplifted buttons, so you have to look or feel where your finger is to press the right one. Its much more complicated in my opinion and thats the only true thing mentioned by AVGN.

And the last real disadvantage if the fact, that the Coleco games are not compatible to the Intellivision II. I know there are the CBS Versions, but its more difficult to get them.

Edited by Ignorama

Oh, I my oppinion there are some huge drawbacks. First of all: Its ugly. I know that some people really like this 80s look, but I dont like it, a Intellivision looks noble, a Intellivision II just looks cheap. Another disadvantage is the controller. Its good that they are removable, no question, but the buttons on the keypad are plain. The buttons on the first Intellivision controller are uplifted, so you could play buy sliding from one button to the next, knowing that the 2 is beside the 1 and so on. On the Intellivision II there are no uplifted buttons, so you have to look or feel where your finger is to press the right button. Its much more complicated in my opinion.

And the last real disadvantage if the fact, that the Coleco games are not compatible to the Intellivision II. I know there are the CBS Versions, but its more difficult to get them.

ah right. well i do agree that it doesnt look as good, i love when consoles have that woodgrain look to them :)

yeah i agree. what is bad about the intellivision 2? its alot cheaper than the original one, but there has to be a reason why

The Intellivision II has some pros and cons compared to the first model.

Cons:

Some games won't play in the Intellivision II :-o. (shark! shark!, Donkey Kong, Mouse Trap an some coleco games)

Controller numeric pad doesn't give you the touch feeling, it is plain and you have to look at the controller or memorize its position very well.

You have a reset button and power function on the same button. I don't like to wait 5 secs to power it off.

Pros:

Power supply is outside of the console, easy to fix or change, harder to have problems with heat.

You can change the controllers, so if one is broke, just buy another.

System changer works with the INtv II without a mod. (System changer serves to play atari 2600 games)

When I had to choose, I went for the Intellivision II. Especially because I was affraid of getting an Intv I and breaking its controller. It would be hard to get the controller replaced.

Now I'm going to have the Intellivision I too! :thumbsup:

If you have a soldering bolt its not too hard to change the controllers on the Intellivison :) But Shark! Shark! also wont run? That breaks the neck of the Intellivision II, because its one of the best (maybe the best) multiplayer games on the system. I love that yellow fish

• Like 1

I would go with the original intellivision model. Average standard common game is cheap(less than $10). If you go cart only it is even cheaper(less than $5). If you go to any vidoegame convention that sells used games, you can really find deals :). Rare games are EXPENSIVE, but there are many cheap games that are fun to play. My favorites are burgertime and demon attack.

The Intellivision II has some pros and cons compared to the first model.

Cons:

Some games won't play in the Intellivision II :-o. (shark! shark!, Donkey Kong, Mouse Trap an some coleco games)

Controller numeric pad doesn't give you the touch feeling, it is plain and you have to look at the controller or memorize its position very well.

You have a reset button and power function on the same button. I don't like to wait 5 secs to power it off.

Pros:

Power supply is outside of the console, easy to fix or change, harder to have problems with heat.

You can change the controllers, so if one is broke, just buy another.

System changer works with the INtv II without a mod. (System changer serves to play atari 2600 games)

When I had to choose, I went for the Intellivision II. Especially because I was affraid of getting an Intv I and breaking its controller. It would be hard to get the controller replaced.

Now I'm going to have the Intellivision I too! :thumbsup:

thats pretty cool :)

I would go with the original intellivision model. Average standard common game is cheap(less than $10). If you go cart only it is even cheaper(less than $5). If you go to any vidoegame convention that sells used games, you can really find deals :). Rare games are EXPENSIVE, but there are many cheap games that are fun to play. My favorites are burgertime and demon attack.

burgertime is one of my favorite arcade games, so im sure ill love it too. i an probably going to ge the original model

Hello ilovedvec and welcome to INTV collecting. I agree with the comments, both the Intellivision and the Vectrex are some of the coolest most underrated consoles of all time.

Both have amazing controllers that serve very well their original purpose: the INTV for strategic/action games and the Vectrex for the arcade feeling.

I agree with INTV dude, both consoles complement each other very well. Welcome again and I will read you around!

Hello ilovedvec and welcome to INTV collecting. I agree with the comments, both the Intellivision and the Vectrex are some of the coolest most underrated consoles of all time.

Both have amazing controllers that serve very well their original purpose: the INTV for strategic/action games and the Vectrex for the arcade feeling.

I agree with INTV dude, both consoles complement each other very well. Welcome again and I will read you around!

thanks!