IGNORED

new to the intellivision

Donkey kong jr and Ladybug are coleco games that also work on the intv II, but word fun will not. Also in Super Pro Football, the quarterback will not appear until the ball is hiked....weird, wish that could be the case in the pros! :)

Edited by mr_intv

It may depends on which Model you have. I dont know it for the Intellivision II, but its a common issue on consoles that some runs are slightly different, which causes some issues like incompatibility to some games. I knew that from the Sega Mega Drive and PS2, so its may the same with the Intellivision II

Edited by Ignorama

Donkey kong jr and Ladybug are coleco games that also work on the intv II, but word fun will not. Also in Super Pro Football, the quarterback will not appear until the ball is hiked....weird, wish that could be the case in the pros! :)

hm, thats weird. were there any games ONLY made for the invt 2? i mean, was intv 2 much more advanced at all?

i mean, was intv 2 much more advanced at all?

Easy answer: No. I am not sure, but I guess I read that it was just a cheap version, not advanced at all. And also if it should be advanced, I cant see what is the advantage. Power Supply? If its broken you have huge problems to get replacement, so whats the advantage? removable controllers? Yes its good, but the controllers are much worse then the original ones.

I love the Intellivision, but really, the INTV II is something which I dont need

Easy answer: No. I am not sure, but I guess I read that it was just a cheap version, not advanced at all. And also if it should be advanced, I cant see what is the advantage. Power Supply? If its broken you have huge problems to get replacement, so whats the advantage? removable controllers? Yes its good, but the controllers are much worse then the original ones.

I love the Intellivision, but really, the INTV II is something which I dont need

yeah i know what you mean. so in general, would you recommend the first one, the second one.... or both? :D

I may be a little late to the party but may I suggest this ... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F111030606056%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1423.l2649 and that is a great price!

I LOVE the straight cords.... no tangling and they unplug and you can use an extension if you need. The SVA is quirky in the fact the bios blocks out "Mattel Electronics" on the title screens of games (which makes them look weird)

Other wise my favorite console :grin:

My $.02 ;)

OT71

As far as I know the INTV III is 100% compat with all games. Atleast the ones I have I tested on mine work including Coleco stuff. Some INTV III have very tight cart slot pins so some games like my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE when pulling out the cart the board stayed in the machine whoops!

I may be a little late to the party but may I suggest this ... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F111030606056%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1423.l2649 and that is a great price!

I LOVE the straight cords.... no tangling and they unplug and you can use an extension if you need. The SVA is quirky in the fact the bios blocks out "Mattel Electronics" on the title screens of games (which makes them look weird)

Other wise my favorite console :grin:

My $.02 ;)

OT71

Totally agree with that, by far the best console in my opinion. I guess I never noticed that "Mattel Electronics" was blocked out, lol!

As far as I know the INTV III is 100% compat with all games. Atleast the ones I have I tested on mine work including Coleco stuff. Some INTV III have very tight cart slot pins so some games like my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE when pulling out the cart the board stayed in the machine whoops!

oh i didnt know there was a THIRD one! cool. i will have to look into that. how much do they usually cost?

oh i didnt know there was a THIRD one! cool. i will have to look into that. how much do they usually cost?

Yeah :) there are 6 Intellivision consoles,

INTV

NTV II

INTV III

Sears Super Arcade

Tandyvision

The 6th one escapes me, for the life of me I cannot remember what it was called and I do not remember if it was a Mattel Release or a 3rd party.

Edited by Shinju

Well shoot, make that 7 INTV consoles. TutorVision http://www.atariage....n-found-wgames/ Seems like a legit release no idea about this one as I have never seen it or heard of it till today lol.

WOW! that is a weird looking system, it must be really rare i bet :) it looks alot like a computer lol. its funny how there are so many intv's that they are hard to even know about. now THATS obscure!