IGNORED

New AtGames Joysticks and Paddles are back in stock

tremoloman2006

The joysticks for sale here are still very good. They have a little bit more play in them compared to the FB2 models. I bought a pair and I'm happy with them.

As for the new paddles... I LOVE THEM!!! :lust: :lust: :lust: I ordered 3 more sets yesterday.

I don't know about the joysticks being out of stock. I just checked and they are still listed as available.

I don't know about the joysticks being out of stock. I just checked and they are still listed as available.

It has this at the bottom of the page:
This item is currently out of stock. If you would like to place back order, please be advised that the lead time could be as long as one month.
Possibly it's left over text on the page.

How much was shipping? I may not have overspent by that much at Amazon as I have Prime so the shipping was $0.

It has this at the bottom of the page:

Possibly it's left over text on the page.

Oh... I see that message now. When I posted the initial post, it did not display that. I guess they have gone out of stock again on the joysticks. To be honest, the paddles are really what are worth getting here anyway. They let you order them for the next batch that is due soon most likely.

How much was shipping? I may not have overspent by that much at Amazon as I have Prime so the shipping was $0.

Shipping is 20% of your order price so if you paid $0 then it is about the same. :)

• 11 months later...

Speaking of Atari Paddles, has anyone on the board ever ordered the replacement POTS from

Best Electronics who essentially claim their replacements are better than the originals?

I've used at least a dozen of them in my restored paddles, and I agree ... they are better than the originals. Just a bit more effort is required to turn them, but this is only noticeable if I use one immediately after an Atari original; after a game or two, I got used to it, and actually preferred it. They have more of a metallic feel, but they're very smooth, and I get the sense that they're more durable and will last a lot longer than Atari's original pots. I haven't had one yet start to show signs of jitter. The only issue is with the installation: it requires soldering, and the shaft is just a shade narrower than the originals, so you need a thin strip of tape to make up the difference (the website describes the process pretty well).

As for the AtGames controllers ... I didn't get a positive impression of their joysticks from the brief time I spent with the Flashback 3. I prefer the originals, restored with some of the great replacement components that Best Electronics has been producing.

Ordered the paddles to give them a try. Shipping was $5.

Got the paddles and gave Kaboom a try. They are very good paddles. I would give them a B+

I think for me, I am accustomed to the original paddles. The movement on these requires *slightly* more effort than originals, which gives a subtle feeling of drag because I am not used to the resistance. However, I must admit, during the hectic rounds of Kaboom, you don't notice. The fire button gives a bit of a thump instead of a click. While different, I consider this slightly better feedback from the controller.

It boils down to personal preference, and I could understand how someone might prefer these paddles to original. Worth the money, though.

This thread inspired me to bust out the ones I bought a couple months back and give them a go. Really like them -- are well-made, and do have a little more stickyness to them, in that it takes a little more work to get them turning, but it feels nice, and high quality. Don't feel significantly different than the originals. They served me well in a couple of super fast Kaboom! games. I might pick up another set.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...