IGNORED

Perfect Game Storage Shelving $35

busterm

Ok this is not for sell by me but they are to good to not spread the word. I picked these up from Walmart.com a few weeks ago for $35 and they are still at $35 each. I ended up ordering 4 of them and have already set up 3 and will probably order 2 more.

They work perfect for storing CIB games or cased games. The shelving adjusts so you can have 5 rows or more depending on the height you need. The depth is just right with no over hang. They will each hold 125 Boxed games, 140 universal Game Gases, 200+ DVD cases and a tone of CD cases

As you can see in my photo these bad boys work great for 3do,Jag,PSX,Dreamcast, CDI, PCFX, Lynx, Gamegear, Saturn, NES, and so on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-O-Sullivan-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Cinnamon-Cherry/13044874

I still have a few covers to print so no judgment

post-23428-0-46121900-1363812865_thumb.jpg

Edited by busterm
  • Like 3

Ok this is not for sell by me but they are to good to not spread the word. I picked these up from Walmart.com a few weeks ago for $35 and they are still at $35 each. I ended up ordering 4 of them and have already set up 3 and will probably order 2 more.

They work perfect for storing CIB games or cased games. The shelving adjusts so you can have 5 rows or more depending on the height you need. The depth is just right with no over hang. They will each hold 125 Boxed games, 140 universal Game Gases, 200+ DVD cases and a tone of CD cases

As you can see in my photo these bad boys work great for 3do,Jag,PSX,Dreamcast, CDI, PCFX, Lynx, Gamegear, Saturn, NES, and so on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-O-Sullivan-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Cinnamon-Cherry/13044874

I still have a few covers to print so no judgment

post-23428-0-46121900-1363812865_thumb.jpg

I used a few of these for NES a while back, they worked great!

Noobs... Get yourselves an air nailer, some black paint, a couple yards of metal banding riboon, and $30 worth of discount lumber, then build some custom neo-industrial-themed hanging shelves. Can't let that ceiling space go to waste when space is limited! ;)

CzgsbXg.jpg

Edited by gzsfrk
  • Like 1

Noobs... Get yourselves an air nailer, some black paint, a couple yards of metal banding riboon, and $30 worth of discount lumber, then build some custom neo-industrial-themed hanging shelves. Can't let that ceiling space go to waste when space is limited! ;)

CzgsbXg.jpg

NICE PIC!

Yeah, I'm trying to find some pics of when I used the shelves that the OP is pimping. I had my collection in a small walk in closet upstairs that had a low clearance so the ceiling was only 5' high or so. These little wallmart media shelves worked perfect but that was many years ago and I have since moved on to a larger room.

CzgsbXg.jpg

Are those fastened to the wall in any way? Just curious.. if so, how?

CzgsbXg.jpg

Noob? Peh. That was just the ground floor of Nerd Central Station! I keep the toys up high with peg hooks and shelves and a fourth of my room goes to my comic long boxes. :)

Those are stacked 6x6. The only place I left to go is a shelf above the door and window I need to install. I do like your wall mounted box shelf.

post-30305-0-27596100-1363874124_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-58704600-1363874148_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-86244900-1363874165_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-96105500-1363874194_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-11228700-1363874209_thumb.jpg

They look kinda short. Are they at all stackable, or is that dangerous? The same $35 will get you narrower-but-taller bookshelves from an office store.

They are stackable if you install the wall anchor so they don't lean forward

Edited by adolobe

Noob? Peh. That was just the ground floor of Nerd Central Station! I keep the toys up high with peg hooks and shelves and a fourth of my room goes to my comic long boxes. :)

Those are stacked 6x6. The only place I left to go is a shelf above the door and window I need to install. I do like your wall mounted box shelf.

I like how you've managed to store everything upside down! Do you use an anti-gravity device, or just a lot of glue? :P

• Like 1

Are those fastened to the wall in any way? Just curious.. if so, how?

They're actually suspended from the sloped ceiling here in the finished-out bonus room. I created several anchor point using short-length cuts of 2x2 and screwing them into the rafters behind the drywall. I then cut some 1x6 pieces angled on one end to match the slope of the ceiling and screwed those into the anchors, Then I attached a 1x8 to the bottom of the angled pieces to serve as the base, and continued expanding downward from there for the remaining two levels of shelves. I then applied some heavy board as backing material to the shelves with a hand stapler to prevent the games from falling back through.

It actually works out great that it leaves a big open space behind the hanging part of the shelves. I've installed a blacklight back there, and when I turn it on, it creates this otherworldly glow over the top of the entertainment center (where several of my consoles are sitting) when the lights are off or low.

Looks like there is also a R.O.B. hiding in a corner, and a Comic Book Guy way up top!

Good eye on the Comic Book Guy! To be exact, in that particular form he is "The Collector", a super-villain from the one-off episode where Bart and Lisa gain super-powers.

And no, that's not R.O.B., but rather a remote control WALL-E (that is amazingly articulated, btw). Still waiting to find my first R.O.B. at a yard sale of thrift shop. Some day, some day.... :)

post-30305-0-27596100-1363874124_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-58704600-1363874148_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-86244900-1363874165_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-96105500-1363874194_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-11228700-1363874209_thumb.jpg

NICE! I'm not a big comic book fan, but I would kill to have your 80s toy collection. :)

It's hard to tell from the fuzzy picture, but is that a Robotech model on top of your TV?

Edited by gzsfrk

I just use Sauder bookcases for my stuff. They run about $35 each (less if you can find a sale), are available just about everywhere (I get mine at Meijer) and are pretty sturdy. I ended up drilling holes in them to add extra shelves (they use pegs) but that's all I had to do.

gameroom10.jpg

I also use Ikea shelves for my back wall:

gameroom14.jpg

More pics here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/199288-tempests-new-game-room/

• Like 1

I just use Sauder bookcases for my stuff. They run about $35 each (less if you can find a sale), are available just about everywhere (I get mine at Meijer) and are pretty sturdy. I ended up drilling holes in them to add extra shelves (they use pegs) but that's all I had to do.

gameroom10.jpg

I also use Ikea shelves for my back wall:

gameroom14.jpg

Nice, but needs more neon and blacklights. And a disco ball plus video screen wouldn't hurt either. ;)

NICE! I'm not a big comic book fan, but I would kill to have your 80s toy collection. :)

It's hard to tell from the fuzzy picture, but is that a Robotech model on top of your TV?

That is the import toy of the Skull Leader Veritech. Same mold and accessories as the Transformer Jetfire that is in the background of the other pic in his box by my 84 line bots and Dinobots. I just need to get Snarl and his box to finish the set. Some of my favorite things are my Dragon's Lair and Pac Man lunchboxes, boxed Megatron, and my Hall of Justice.

I love comparing pics with you guys! some of your setups really make me drool. Love the boxed Atari stuff! I'm wanting to beef up my T16 collection and add a decent ROB to my nes gear. I have a neighbor who I know had one; hoping she has that yardsale soon!

post-30305-0-50575600-1363887302_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-81670700-1363887318_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-82720300-1363887339_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-93373600-1363887353_thumb.jpg