IGNORED

Perfect Game Storage Shelving $35

busterm

I love comparing pics with you guys! some of your setups really make me drool. Love the boxed Atari stuff! I'm wanting to beef up my T16 collection and add a decent ROB to my nes gear. I have a neighbor who I know had one; hoping she has that yardsale soon!

Yeah, it's great fun seeing what other folks have and how they present it. Having just started collecting in Nov'11, my collection is pretty paltry compared to some of you long-timers. But I do like to make the argument that, on the basis of awesomeness per square foot, my game room holds up pretty well compared to most. Almost every console and a decent number of games for each, three upright arcade cabs, a Commodore 64 workstation, a full-size entertainment center with a 32" CRT, and all the toys of my childhood sprinkled around liberally. Not bad for around 200 square feet. :) Add in my ceiling-mounted, glow-in-the-dark space invaders set, a spinning disco light, several strategically placed blacklights, and my Foreigner/Journey/Boston playlist, and its my own geeky, videogame-themed junior prom any time I want it with the flip of a few switches.

Snapped a few shots rights quick and fed them into Autostitch. Not a perfect panorama shot, but you can get the idea of the layout at least.

hMo86k4.jpg

Of course, that doesn't include the two closets stuffed to the gills with all the stuff I don't have enough room to keep out in the display area. Man, what I wouldn't give for a full-sized basement.

• Like 1

My movie room... who needs a garage?!?!

post-30305-0-23509700-1363904508_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-25572600-1363904522_thumb.jpg

5 cabs and a Wurlitzer jukebox covered in Christmas ornaments! Trade ya my Power Drift cab for your OutRun! The others are Pac Man, UN Squadron, Defender, and a Crystal Castles themed Mame cab. The toddler watching Wreck It Ralph is my favorite part of the house. :)

My movie room... who needs a garage?!?!

post-30305-0-23509700-1363904508_thumb.jpgpost-30305-0-25572600-1363904522_thumb.jpg

5 cabs and a Wurlitzer jukebox covered in Christmas ornaments! Trade ya my Power Drift cab for your OutRun! The others are Pac Man, UN Squadron, Defender, and a Crystal Castles themed Mame cab. The toddler watching Wreck It Ralph is my favorite part of the house. :)

Ha! We have a finished-out converted garage (24'x22') as our movie room too. HD projector shoots a 14' image up on the wall (720p, but about to upgrade to a 3D-Ready 1080p), and is FANTASTIC for movies, games (I have the 360, PS3, and Wii hooked up in there), TV, and picture slide shows. Unfortunately, the wife doesn't let me keep arcades in there; we have couches and chairs along all the walls. Have to keep the bulk of my nerditry contained up in the Daddy Cave. :)

And I would LOVE to have a Power Drift cab. But seeing as OutRun is one of my all-time favorites, I'll have to stick with that one. Some day, though...

Keep me in mind if you ever do grab an OutRun cab, though. I'm the world's foremost (only?) source for high-quality reproduction map decals and red stripes for those cabinets. And I'm in the process of making the first non-mirrored repro sideart set. :)

That is awesome! Do you do other side arts as well?

My dream cab is an AfterBurner II cab. I was hooked the first time the force feedback kicked. I also have a Virtual On seat in my classroom that was rigged onto my Drift cab when I bought it. Don't know what to do with it, but its SEGA so I can't just toss it.