IGNORED

Intellivision KING OF THE MOUNTAIN

mjarnold7

2 hours ago, intvdave said:

How about: K2 of the Mountain

I like the thin air idea. In the 2012 release, the tallest mountain (mountain 10) is 13,600 feet. It will now be 17,200. I like to make the games challenging but do not fret. Mountain 1 originally is 3,600 and this will be 2,800. The levels will be better balanced than before but would you expect less? :)

Back to designing...

Excellent news! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, intvdave said:

All the code changes should be complete. The 2012 release had 6 screens. This release will have 35! This deserves a name change to....

Exciting! :)

12 hours ago, intvdave said:

SUPER PRO KOTM!

Some are speculating a CIB release. This will not happen. My audience is those that purchased the 2012 game and want to upgrade it or are interested in a ROM.

Could I get just a new board?  I'd gladly pay for it.  I would still like to retain the original one, for historical purposes. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Exciting! :)

Could I get just a new board?  I'd gladly pay for it.  I would still like to retain the original one, for historical purposes. :)

Yes, I will be selling game boards to those interested. I just want people to know that I am not double releasing this game to make money and they have an option to upgrade. With the high cost of shipping out of the U.S. is, it makes total sense to buy a board than have it shipped twice.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Yes, I will be selling game boards to those interested. I just want people to know that I am not double releasing this game to make money and they have an option to upgrade. With the high cost of shipping out of the U.S. is, it makes total sense to buy a board than have it shipped twice.

Great!  I'm in! :)

-dZ.

14 hours ago, intvdave said:

Good news, count me in for a board when they will be available!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Fixed a few more bugs. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.... when will this end.

Increasing the height of the mountains will mean screens will be repeated more often so.... best to create 16 more screens. When will this end??? :)

When you reach the peak the journey will of been worth it! 

(Was this a mountain climbing metaphor about a mountain climbing game?). ?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steve Jones said:

Any updates on this?

Funny you ask :)

I have created 8 additional screens for when you start the climb. Creating the screens were easy but the challenge was getting them to work correctly due to bears and rolling boulders stopping at the bottom. The river screens had this same issue but was easier to solve. This brings the total screen count to 59 (original is 6).

I am in the process of adding the "prettiness" to the screens. I have 5 left to go which will be completed today.

The reason for the delay in updates is because I continued finding bugs and things to change. One bug was how you could not move in the map if you started a mountain then died. An enhancement is where you can only climb a mountain once in a game. 2 nights ago, I got to a point where I felt the game is "done". Unless I find an issue in testing, coding is complete. All that is left in testing is to fine tune the difficulty. I doubt I am going to find any energy to create more screens and there really is no need. There is a lot of variation in the game now.

I have updated the manual but need to finish it.

This version of the game definitely deserves the "Super Pro" title!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, intvdave said:

This version of the game definitely deserves the "Super Pro" title!

Yass!!! ?

And ... would it see a brand new release?  :ponder:

I mean, it looks like you could expand the audience of this title to more than just the ones who bought the previous one.  Although, if that's all you want, then that's fine with me.  I'll still take one.

Thanks!

-dZ.

This version is not an upgrade like Super Pro Tennis which added one player. Super Pro KotM is just better but has the feel of the 2012 version. It has options that should have been in the original such as being able to leave a mountain without losing your points, better control of the man, more variations, and more. Think more along the lines of Super Chef BT that just added to Burgertime.

I do not think I can expand the audience. The game is part strategy and seems to be a turn off for many. My audience is people like you that love the game.... like me :)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, intvdave said:

This version is not an upgrade like Super Pro Tennis which added one player. Super Pro KotM is just better but has the feel of the 2012 version. It has options that should have been in the original such as being able to leave a mountain without losing your points, better control of the man, more variations, and more. Think more along the lines of Super Chef BT that just added to Burgertime.

I do not think I can expand the audience. The game is part strategy and seems to be a turn off for many. My audience is people like you that love the game.... like me :)

That's good enough for me.  I can't wait! :)

-dZ.

All the screens are done and I started play testing! I found a miscalculation on weight which has been fixed. A challenge I am having with difficulty is the randomness of the game. It might rain and you may see more or less bears. I got through mountains 1 and 2 easily. 3 took a bit more work. I found the weight issue on #4 so I have to play 3 and 4 over again. I expect to play test for at least a week.

• Like 10

Just stomped out another bug that was in the original game. I am curious if anyone has seen it. If you press the key to start the game immediately after the inventory screen show, the car screen shows and the man will move off the path.

I have been play testing with controllers, as opposed to my keyboard, and did not like the response so I have updated the controller code and it plays WAY better now.

I will be fine tuning the difficulty and doing more play testing tomorrow. Getting close.

• Like 8

Finished up on a few more bugs (though I created one of them). The game seems to be code complete. It is playing nicely. A tester is happy with it. Just looking to add a little music now and confirm the difficulty settings (which I usually make hard). Worry not, everyone can complete the first mountain. Almost done....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2