IGNORED

Emulators - what controllers?

ilaskey

Can you tell me how you are doing this? I was trying to plug in my 360 controller to my linux laptop and use the USB cable. But it keeps trying to turn on my 360 when I am using it. Is it Windows only?

Sounds like you are using the wireless version of the controller, in that case the wire is only used to charge the battery.

If you get a wired version of the x360 gamepad (I have one) it should work in your console and in your pc. Is just another usb controller (but have some special driver I believe), so maybe it could work in your linux laptop.

Xboxdrv is available on linux I have a wired controller and it works fine. The wireless version should work fine with pc receiver but ive not got a wireless controller to test. If you get stuck update here and I will dig out the appropriate links

Xboxdrv is available on linux I have a wired controller and it works fine. The wireless version should work fine with pc receiver but ive not got a wireless controller to test. If you get stuck update here and I will dig out the appropriate links

Thanks. I will also try unlinking my controller from the xbox so that when I turn it on it doesn't fire up the xbox in the other room.

Edit: Looks like I have to find a wired controller. From a website about the above driver: "Note that using a wireless Xbox360 controller with the Play&Charge USB cable will not work. The cable is for recharging only and does not transmit any input data over the wire. To use the wireless Xbox360 controller you need the wireless receiver."

Appreciate all of the help.

Edited by idavis

I've been using a Bluetooth pad I got from GameStop. It's marketed as an Android controller but it has a "keyboard" mode too. Good thing since the gamepad mode doesn't really seem to work. It's a nice pad though, akin to the Classic Controller v2. Comfortable grips, nice sized buttons. The LED on the front is actually useful.