IGNORED

Added native trak-ball support for the 2600-daptor II

dualcam

I have made a firmware upgrade for native CX22 and CX80 trak-ball support. Follow the firmware link on http://2600-daptor.com/. The trak-ball appears as a mouse so it can be used with emulators like MAME with arcade games.

I have been able to test the CX22 mode, but not the CX80 so the direction might be backwards. If someone tries the CX80, I would appreciate hearing back either way if is good as is or if it needs to be changed.

Thanks,

Tom

I have made a firmware upgrade for native CX22 and CX80 trak-ball support. Follow the firmware link on http://2600-daptor.com/. The trak-ball appears as a mouse so it can be used with emulators like MAME with arcade games.

I have been able to test the CX22 mode, but not the CX80 so the direction might be backwards. If someone tries the CX80, I would appreciate hearing back either way if is good as is or if it needs to be changed.

Thanks,

Tom

I assume you're testing these in Stella? Because I don't have those devices, and can't provide any feedback (although I'd like to track them down at some point ...).

I tried it with my CX-80 in Finder on my Mac (budged the cursor a little but not useably) and in SDLMAME for Mac and MameUI for Windows running "'Marble Madness".

Still unsure as to which CX-80 trackball I have (CX-22 or ST-Mouse), but I confirmed that it works with "Missile Command" on my real 65XE in trackball mode (switching the controller to TB and hitting CTRL-T)

I assume you're testing these in Stella? Because I don't have those devices, and can't provide any feedback (although I'd like to track them down at some point ...).

The 'daptor in this case is seen as a USB HID mouse, so can be checked on the desktop.

Tom

CX80 is working now. Main problem was the instructions to select CX80 were not clear.

It is a 2 step process. First plug in with the USB with the DIP switches down to get the 'daptor into mouse mode. Then you need to wait a couple seconds for the 'daptor to bootup. Once you see it is alive and the LED is flashing regularly, then you set the DIP switches for CX80 mode (switch 1 up, switch 2 down).

The Y-axis was reversed, so the firmware has been updated fixing that -

http://home.comcast.net/~tjhafner/2600-daptor%20II%20TB.hex

Tom