IGNORED

Match 5 Progress Report

Match 5, a new puzzle game based on 'Color Lines' for your Intellivision is coming in April 2013!

The manual has been written and if it passes proof reading, will go to the printer on Monday.

The cartridge sticker is done and will also be going to the printer.

The final overlay design has been done, as well as the box designed.

The cart will feature for the first time in an Elektronite release, persistent high scores that can be stored on the cartridge!

3 levels, 2 modes

7 stored high scores for each level

A PAL mode that lets the game play at the same speed as NTSC versions.

The finishing touches to the game are being put on it, and then it will go to testing, and after testing I will be manufacturing cartridges while the boxes and overlays are being printed.

We should be selling the game some time in April of this year.

post-31813-0-23166300-1364053126_thumb.png

post-31813-0-03790700-1364053138_thumb.png

post-31813-0-61810500-1364053148_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-10753400-1364053165_thumb.png

post-31813-0-65123000-1364053180_thumb.png

post-31813-0-04699800-1364053193_thumb.png

post-31813-0-03590100-1364053209_thumb.gif

• Like 6

Yes, we will be printing DK Arcade at the same time.

I am awaiting some new box copy ffrom Carl for that, and a couple of new screen shots from a game being developed, and then I can go to press with the boxes. The overlays are all ready to go for the next four releases, and will be printed at the same time as the boxes.

This is something like cooking dinner....you have to have all of your dishes all ready to go at the same time. Unfortunately, I am not the only one doing the cooking though. :-P

Yes, we will be printing DK Arcade at the same time.

I am awaiting some new box copy ffrom Carl for that, and a couple of new screen shots from a game being developed, and then I can go to press with the boxes. The overlays are all ready to go for the next four releases, and will be printed at the same time as the boxes.

This is something like cooking dinner....you have to have all of your dishes all ready to go at the same time. Unfortunately, I am not the only one doing the cooking though. :-P

great news!

Yeah, even a little GIF movie would be cool.

Here is a video showing the basic gameplay of Match 5.

Basically, the player selects a piece and a place to move it, in order to get 5 pieces in a row.

If the player doesn't get 5 in a row, 3 pieces are added to the playfield (these pieces are displayed in the "Next" area).

There has to be a path from the pieces starting point to the chosen destination.

post-14916-0-76203100-1364144649_thumb.gif

Click to animate...

Catsfolly

Also, one thing more I forgot to mention. After the game is finished, Catsfolly is going to put together a FREE limited demo of the game that can be played on a Cuttle Cart or emulator.

Roms will be available for sale cheaply ($10 or under) after the initial run of cartridges sells out.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

Here is a more advanced video (or "gifeo").

In this video, the playfield is filled with items, so the player uses a bomb to clear some of them away.

Then the player creates a "5 in a row" line that includes a "wildcard" piece (the rotating icon) that matches everything.

post-14916-0-27989500-1364145310_thumb.gif

Click to animate...

Catsfolly

Edited by catsfolly