IGNORED

Aquarius still used as a professional tool.

Some time around 2004 or so, I was visiting my parents in Puerto Rico and I went to a local video store (one of the last remaining of that long lost race of video rental emporiums) and they were still managing the point-of-sale and rental histories in an old micro-computer. I don't think it was a Commodore-64, but perhaps a TRS-80 Co-Co or something like that. Those were the most popular in PR back in the 1980s.

It brought back memories.

-dZ.

This guy is my hero.

He is still using an Aquarius computer system on a regular basis for his professional job.

But he is complaining about the drawbacks; "loading the program from tape" *LOL*

Scroll down the page at: http://mysite.mweb.c...ideo/index.html

What an awesome project! I had considered using an Aquarius as part of an overhead display system that I was developing for use in a local factory installation, but I left that job before I started any significant work on the project.

Since he's frustrated by the load times from the cassette, I might offer to transfer his test program to cartridge for him (assuming he's still using this setup). It shouldn't be that hard to do, and it looks as if he's got space inside his custom enclosure for a combined program/RAM cartridge board.